• Banned User

Suspended in the timelessness of inner space

Re: Official "Finding Nemo: Submarine Voyage" Discussion & Moved Posts

So, has anyone experienced both sides?

• Never Look Back

Quote Originally Posted by PhaseBlue View Post
    So, has anyone experienced both sides?
    I really liked the side that faced the inner part of the lagoon. The water was very deep there, and it was so much bigger than I had remembered. The person who rode the other side said things were much closer to the sub in the lagoon on the outer side.

As for show rooms...I think it is the same for both sides. At least it seemed that way. You do definitely experience different things from front to middle to back though...

The show also varies whether you are in the front sub in the wolfpack, second sub, or even third sub in the wolfpack. The third sub actually has a few extra lines of dialogue.

• Banned User

Suspended in the timelessness of inner space

[quote=Maseca;1814307]I really liked the side that faced the inner part of the lagoon. The water was very deep there, and it was so much bigger than I had remembered. The person who rode the other side said things were much closer to the sub in the lagoon on the outer side.

Yeah, the right, or starboard side of the sub facing the inner lagoon always seemed better. Your view appears to be endless at times, rather than facing a wall.

• Never Look Back

Quote Originally Posted by NemoRanger View Post
    The show also varies whether you are in the front sub in the wolfpack, second sub, or even third sub in the wolfpack. The third sub actually has a few extra lines of dialogue.
    Yah we were in the 3rd sub in the pack, and it was definitely going along at a much slower pace. Gave you a little more time to take it all in. The second time around I got a chance to appreciate things and notice more details. The first time was a bit overwhelming...so much to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaseBlue View Post
    Yeah, the right, or starboard side of the sub facing the inner lagoon always seemed better. Your view appears to be endless at times, rather than facing a wall.
    That is exactly what I was thinking...

• Minion

Re: Official "Finding Nemo: Submarine Voyage" Pictures, Information, and Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    And here's another shot of the control panel...

One has to wonder.....what's a "904 Alarm?"

904 is the code for Fire

I assume the alarm might be from both sensors and/or signals that can be tripped from the subs. Since so much of the ride is hidden, might not get quick attention without a prominent alarm.

• Banned User

Re: Official "Finding Nemo: Submarine Voyage" Pictures, Information, and Reviews

sounds like a pale imitation of the original Submarine voyage. It doesn't sound like 120 audio animatronics to me.

• Banned User

And how would you come to that conclusion? Did you count every single one? This adventure sounds way better than the original, imo. But I won't be riding it until after it opens. Extra show building to me would be more than an imitation

• Not-So-New Member

we went yesterday (we haven't gone since 2001) and i saw the subs in action for the first time in line for the monorail. i recorded a few minutes of Seafarer leaving the cave, returning to the station and getting everyone out. i also stared at it like "Ooooohhhh.....me want to ride. @.@"

btw, those subs are huge! when i saw pictures of them, i always thought "now how in the world will 40 people fit in that tiny sub?" but after seeing it firsthand, i see how lol.

I'm also very jealous of all of the cast members and their friends and families that got to ride, since i probably won't be back at disneyland in a year or so (hopefully).
    -Chris

• Inhospitable about happy

Would there be some sort of discreet way of setting up a short row of exact duplicate seats outside in the queue area somewhere so folks could test themselves beforehand if they think they might need two (or three). CM's at the loading point could routinely ask "how many seats?", so that big folks would only have to quietly say "two" in response as they're boarding.

Something like that?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    I'm an Attractions CM and I've been on it three times. Twice when the call went out for Attractions CM's to come test it a few weeks ago, and once this weekend at the official Cast Member Preview. I clocked the ride time for Nemo at 14 minutes and 45 seconds. That's about as long as Pirates or a trip on the Mark Twain, 2 minutes longer than Small World, five minutes longer than Jungle Cruise, and about 7 minutes longer than the Omnimover portion of Haunted Mansion. It's a very long ride.

I would wait about 90 minutes to ride Nemo again, but not any longer than that. It's a great ride, don't get me wrong, but for an adult male it's not a top priority. I have a hunch that some adults who wait for 2 hours or more might be disapointed with Nemo. It's definitely an E Ticket, but it's not a white knuckle thrill ride.

As for problems from an operational viewpoint, there are going to be many. The vehicles are tiny and cramped, and the seats are narrow and squished together. A fair number of 21st century super-sized Americans are going to take up two seats in this vehicle. I see some folks in Disneyland in ECV's who would probably take up to three seats. I'm being serious. Nothing makes you realize how big and overweight we've become in this country than trying to fit into a circa 1959 submarine. I predict there are going to be some nasty Guest Concerns over this with big folks yelling at the CM's for "putting too many people in here!".

The other problem already has been playing itself out as they struggle to get the full fleet of 8 subs up and running. Lose a vehicle or two for any number of reasons, and the slow moving line becomes unbearable. The load/unload process isn't easy either as big Americans struggle to navigate the tiny spiral staircase down into the cramped cabin. Not fun.

There are a few surprisingly scary moments during the ride. Little kids would easily freak out. The music at the end was a great touch, and reminded me of old Tomorrowland rides that always had bouncy/jazzy/modern jingles playing in the attraction. The feedback from the Annual Passholder Preview should prove interesting.
    It's not hard to believe that after there might be some negative situations where some people have difficulty getting in or especially out of the subs that there may have to be guidelines on who is permitted to ride. And then some arguments.

Or are there already such guidelines ?

• Minion

thanks to all who have given those of us that can't make it a taste of the fun

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Would there be some sort of discreet way of setting up a short row of exact duplicate seats outside in the queue area somewhere so folks could test themselves beforehand if they think they might need two (or three). CM's at the loading point could routinely ask "how many seats?", so that big folks would only have to quietly say "two" in response as they're boarding.

Something like that?
    No. That is not an option. This ride only gets like 900 an hour. There is no way that you can give people extra seats just because they are overweight. The more important task of keeping the line moving and allowing thousands of other people to ride (who also paid 63 bucks to get in for the day) is the first priority.

If you don't fit in the seat provided for you, you just don't fit.

• Premium Youngling and

Re: Nemo Was Awesome!!!!!!!!!

Thats awesome! I hope to see it soon!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    No. That is not an option. This ride only gets like 900 an hour. There is no way that you can give people extra seats just because they are overweight. The more important task of keeping the line moving and allowing thousands of other people to ride (who also paid 63 bucks to get in for the day) is the first priority.

If you don't fit in the seat provided for you, you just don't fit.
    I'm not entirely sure about that.

At Soarin', we sometimes left a buffer of a extra empty seat(s) around very large guests. Now they can't actually occupy more than one seat because of the seat configuration and the belting, but it made it possible for someone to sit safely and comfortably around them.

Of course, there may be a correlation between sitting on the seats and getting into and out of the subs that might make it less likely to occur.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast