Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Such a crime!

• Hooterville, USA

Re: Such a crime!

They should bring them back and make them link up to DCA.

Same with the Peoplemover.

Same with the Monorail.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

JIMINYCRICKETFAN hit it on the head. It was the lawyers and the insurance companies that shut it down not Disney. When the insurance companies tell you the policy would be 1 million dollars cheaper this year if you shut it down what would you do? By the way I think DL's closed in 94 and WDW MK closed in 99.

• Minion

>>When the insurance companies tell you the policy would be 1 million dollars cheaper this year if you shut it down what would you do?<<

Not take a personal bonus.

• My prices are INSANE!

I came across these old photos today. So I thought I would share them with you.

I'm not sure what year these photos where taken.

First shot is looking towards the Matterhorn having just left the Tomorrowland side.

The second photo is looking down on the Tomorrowland Terrace.
    Notice the LOOOONG line for the Matterhorn.

Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasJefferson View Post
    Maybe you mean 1994? I believe it closed in 94 not 99.
    No, trust me, it was 1999. We graduated from high school in 1998 (my brother and I are twins) and he did the college program the spring of 1999.
    "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

•   
    • Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Sabres2006 View Post
    No, trust me, it was 1999. We graduated from high school in 1998 (my brother and I are twins) and he did the college program the spring of 1999.
    Sorry, you are simply wrong. The Skyway at Disneyland closed in November 1994.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by CancerGirl View Post
    The Skyway had it's positives and negatives:

Positives-
    Beautiful skyline
    Relaxing to see entire park
    Nice ride to wind down from all the excitement in the park

Negatives-
    Exposed dark ride building
    People littering during their ride
    Lines haphazardly around park

I personally think that they did the right thing by taking it down. Although it was a nice ride, it caused too many problems.
    This is the best assessment in this whole thread! I used to like the skyway a lot when it was around. I especially remember using it many times when they were refurbishing Fantasyland. You could easily see the progress being made from up there.

But herein lies the main problem with the skyway, which I was didn't think about until a fellow micechatter pointed it out to me a few weeks ago: While the skyway was a nice and relaxing ride, it took you above the show buildings where you could see easily all the vents and air conditioning ducts on the tops of the Fantasyland show buildings, reinforcing the fact that they are only warehouses. From the ground, you would never know this.

My opinion really has changed because of this. The skyway was a nice ride, and I was sad to see it go, but that is one Yesterland ride that I don't think should make a comeback.

• My prices are INSANE!

Yesterland says this.....

After November 9, 1994, Disney park guests could still ride the Skyway between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland—but only at Walt Disney World in Florida. On November 9, 1999, exactly five years after the grounding of the Skyway at Disneyland, the Skyway at the Florida’s Magic Kingdom carried its last guest. It had been a popular attraction since the park opened in 1971.
    That is all.
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Sorry, you are simply wrong. The Skyway at Disneyland closed in November 1994.
    He was responding to the question of when the Skyway closed at the Magic Kingdom. The Skyway closed in 1994 at Disneyland and 1999 at the Magic Kingdom.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post

But herein lies the main problem with the skyway, which I was didn't think about until a fellow micechatter pointed it out to me a few weeks ago: While the skyway was a nice and relaxing ride, it took you above the show buildings where you could see easily all the vents and air conditioning ducts on the tops of the Fantasyland show buildings, reinforcing the fact that they are only warehouses. From the ground, you would never know this.
    Sorry, I just find that odd. Had you actually convinced yourself the rides were real?

• Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    >>i was 6 when it closed, and don't remember it, and honestly, i don't think i would enjoy it. just, kindof blah u know. i think it's a closed page and it's time for something new.<<

If you don't remember it, how can it be a closed page? You never experienced it. It's brand new to you.
    just because i don't remember doesn't mean i didn't ride. my brother loved this thing. and it's a closed page in Disney history

hope that cleared it up.

• Hooterville, USA

it took you above the show buildings where you could see easily all the vents and air conditioning ducts on the tops of the Fantasyland show buildings, reinforcing the fact that they are only warehouses. From the ground, you would never know this.

My opinion really has changed because of this. The skyway was a nice ride, and I was sad to see it go, but that is one Yesterland ride that I don't think should make a comeback.
    The train takes you behind the scenes as well. The Monorail lets you see backstage too.

So what's the problem?

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by krystledm View Post
    just because i don't remember doesn't mean i didn't ride. my brother loved this thing. and it's a closed page in Disney history

hope that cleared it up.
    Well it didn't. What exactly are you trying to say?

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Sorry, I just find that odd. Had you actually convinced yourself the rides were real?
    In a real sense, yes.

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy."

That quote should never be taken lightly. Once people do, only then will I be concerned about Disneyland's future.

•   
    • Senior Minion

In a real sense, yes.

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy."

That quote should never be taken lightly. Once people do, only then will I be concerned about Disneyland's future.
    Well, If Walt had no problem with it, I say it's cool.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast