Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Such a crime!

• Senior Minion

Such a crime!

I am sure many of you have already seen this youtube video of the old Skyway. It was filmed in 1994, the last year of the ride. In my opinion removing the Skyway was a terrible mistake. Look and remember how wonderful it was to coast over the park, and be able to look down on all the different lands, and watch the rides from above. Of all the attractions that were ever in the park, and have been since removed, this is THE attraction I miss the most.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uaLlkg4Dhk
    Last edited by ThomasJefferson; 06-02-2007 at 09:14 AM.

• 88 mph

Re: Such a crime!

I disagree. I didn't enjoy the lines hanging over the park. There were also tendencies of jerks throwing stuff down at people and spitting at people. It also revealed too much of the Dark Ride buildings and kinda ruins the magic.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Jeronius View Post
    I disagree. I didn't enjoy the lines hanging over the park. There were also tendencies of jerks throwing stuff down at people and spitting at people. It also revealed too much of the Dark Ride buildings and kinda ruins the magic.
    wow!

• no flash photography...

I loved the skyway. I really miss it.

• Just Me

I loved seeing the hustle and bustle underneath me. It was a nice way to relax and just take in the park.

• Premium Youngling and

I barely remember the Skyway because I was only 4 when it was taken down but the times that I do remember were awesome

• I can't stand you.

It was nice but im glad its gone. As pointed out early people back in 94' did dumb things Im just tired of it all and having my days ruined. I miss the peaceful ride and graceful breeze but if I want a view I'll visit ToT.

Well that's just it, isn't it? That a few idiots ruin the day for the rest of us. I loved the skyway and wish it was back; certainly they could figure a way to stop the morons from spitting or throwing anything over the edge. I know it will never return, but I really liked the ride.

• Disgruntled Former CM

The Skyway was a Security nightmare; "spotters" along the entire route had to watch the individual (cars/buckets/baskets) with binoculars for (idiots/un-guests) dropping ice-cubes, milkshakes, ketchup, spit, pennies - or worse - onto unsuspecting Guests below; yes, a "few" idiots can ruin it for everyone; aside from sealing the guest into a completely enclosed car (which would be stifling in the Summer, and ruin the "open" feel of the ride) what were they to do?

When was the WDW Skyway removed - the same year?

What puzzles me is why nothing has been done with the ride facilities at either end; while the stantions / towers were removed and the "hole" through the Matterhorn was covered over immediately, nothing has been done with the former ride facilities at both ends of the Skyway; prime real estate in Tomorrowland and Fantasyland; any information on this?

Is this the same situation in WDW?

• Minion

I dearly loved the Skyway and the sensation of flying over high over Disneyland. That experiece has never been replaced (and we lost the similarly wonderful Rocket Jets high over Tomorrowland as well). What did the executives of that era have against flying and our hearts soaring?

You know what would be nice on the Skyway chalet hill in Fantasyland? Cinderella's chateau (Stepmother's house), of which they did a nice facade at Disneyland Paris. It could be a coffee house and patisserie. and how about a glass coach outside for a meet & greet. Very scenic spot it would be...

• Minion

Blog Entries

i was 6 when it closed, and don't remember it, and honestly, i don't think i would enjoy it. just, kindof blah u know. i think it's a closed page and it's time for something new.

• Minion

>>i was 6 when it closed, and don't remember it, and honestly, i don't think i would enjoy it. just, kindof blah u know. i think it's a closed page and it's time for something new.<<

If you don't remember it, how can it be a closed page? You never experienced it. It's brand new to you.

• The Candidate

What I remember most was the huge lines! That and how cool it was to fly through the Matterhorn.

• The one, the only...

The skyway was a Disneyland treasure. I am sure in your life you have not had any opportunity to "fly" through the air as one got at Disneyland. It was a unique experience.

Those stupid lawyers will kill any fun they can find.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• See you there!

I remember the Skyway from my earliest visits to Disneyland.

Way back when we used tickets to get on rides there was a provison to take a round trip. I used to do that often.

Then in the 70's somewhere I got stuck on the Skyway during the firewokrs and it never was the same for me from then on.

I still miss them. They were one of the markers I would look for whan approaching Disneyland, I really liked seeing the buckets going across the park.

Wonderful view af the park from the Skyway, over the Pirate ship restaurant in Fantasyland.

Ah the good old days!!

CU@DL

Andy
    -
    What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast