Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unless I'm mistaken, the Lincoln at Disneyland didn't read the Gettysburg Address -until- the renovation a couple of years ago. Before that, I believe it was a mish-mash of Lincoln speeches. (I actually liked the mish-mash better.)

• Sock Puppet

I feel like I am standing alone when I say that Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln was a fantastic and very unique exhibit to the park. While it didn't exceed 45 mph, proceed into a loop-the-loop, and snap your picture at the end, it gave some insight into not only our greatest president of all time, but to the man responsible for all of our fun, Walt himself.
    Should this exhibit not return following the 50th celebrations, it will be sadly missed by many. Peevs Ike Poop to name a few.

Kyle

• Lost in Yesterland

It's hard to beat the sound of Paul Frees performing the introductory narration, the voice of Royal Dano as Lincoln reciting the wonderfully patriotic compilation (or mish-mash as it was called) of Lincoln speeches, and the climactic rendering of the "Battle Hymn of the Republic." It was plain and simple, yet powerful and emotional. There was really no need for all the new-fangled acoustic trickery.

I wouldn't mind it if Lincoln returns in its present form, but I'd much rather it comes back refurbished to its original presentation. Either way, I just hope it makes it back after the 50th.
    The exit doors to your left are now open, and have fun the rest of your day in Disneyland.

I hope it does come back in it's current form. I LOVE the rendition of "Battle Hymn Of The Republic" But I think I like it most of all because one of my verry own great aunts wrote the song.

•   
    • Minion

Yeah, you are right it wasn't the full gettysberg address...

But the invasion of enimys domestic, and the statement against fear really made that monologue excellent as it built... It was brilliant, and I miss it... Particularly in our post 9/11 world.

Quote Originally Posted by SurfedUpDane
    I feel like I am standing alone when I say that Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln was a fantastic and very unique exhibit to the park. While it didn't exceed 45 mph, proceed into a loop-the-loop, and snap your picture at the end, it gave some insight into not only our greatest president of all time, but to the man responsible for all of our fun, Walt himself.
    Should this exhibit not return following the 50th celebrations, it will be sadly missed by many. Peevs Ike Poop to name a few.

Kyle

You are definetly not alone. I love this attraction. I visit it every time I go to Disneyland. I do miss the old version. Particularly the "Two Brothers" song. If they could somehow tie in that song into the current show, I would be happy. I've spoken to three different CMs there who have assured me that the show WILL retrun after the 18 month celebration.

• This Maid Loves it!!

I love this show...just because I had the priviledge of working it in summer of 2001.. I never got to see the original, but I heard great things about it, but Mr. Lincoln is an original, just like 'the Enchanted Tiki Room'..these are Walt Disney's shows which can't be taken away!! This show will be back after the 50th exhibit!!
    'When hinges creek in doorless chambers..and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls..whenever candlelights flicker..where the air is deathly still..That is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.'

*Space Mountain re-launches July 15 2005*

^V^ "I Make Ride Go!" ^V^

• Banned User

This is a Walt Inspired original Type show... (which i will miss since i am only there for the 50th....) Which should remain in operation.... Now if they want to spend ons of cash by moving to to DCA.... who will object.... Everyone.... It needs to not get the COP treatment..... and remain at the park....

I hope it reminas and reopens at the park after the 50th....

maybe they should upgrade it with more presidents and new speeches and interaction and effects

like the Hall of Presidents?

• Carousel Theater Host

I have spoken to people at Imagineering. They have told me that Mr. Lincoln will return after the 50th anniversary. It makes no sense to keep a 50th anniversary exhibit inside of a building after 2005.

• That's Hawt

I wouldn't believe it until I saw it ... the sign outside of Rocket Rods said it would return too and ... well ... I don't think I need to finish.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• wasting time

Quote Originally Posted by MiceMan
    I wouldn't believe it until I saw it ... the sign outside of Rocket Rods said it would return too and ... well ... I don't think I need to finish.
    True, but Mr. Lincoln did not break down daily because he was inadequately funded
    and not designed for the PeopleMover track

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Minion
    True, but Mr. Lincoln did not break down daily because he was inadequately funded
    hehe, true true, very true!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• -Going Retro-

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Minion
    Evil one.

I wasn't fond of Mr Lincoln but I hope they do return him. My neices still haven't seen it and I think they would get a kick out of the show

• The Magics in the details

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver
    Lincoln will not come back. They've wanted to get rid of him for far too long - and they have the perfect excuse to finally get rid of him by putting the 50th exhibit in there. By the time the "conclusion" of the 50th comes around, they will extend the history exhibit "by popular demand." After all, if they weren't trying to get lincoln out - why not put the exhibit in Innoventions or put it in the Starcade? There are a lot of other places they could have put it, but they want Lincoln out.

And really that's a good thing. I don't understand why anyone would want LincolnVision 3D to come back. I'd much rather have a Disneyland Museum exhibit in that space.
    I think you're right. Lets look at "One Man's Dream" at DCA, or the Walts 100th Exibit at MGM Studios. All slated to be there for 16 months, but still there YEARS later. The facts are that it takes lots of money to do refit attractions, and Lincoln wasn't getting very good counts. I'm sure that "The first 50 Magical Years" will get large counts, and not just for the 16 months. When it comes time to decide if it will stay or go, the suits will say:"Why would we spend hundreds of thousands to refit this back to a less popular attraction than it is now?" Unfortunate, but true.
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
    Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
    "
    -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast