Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Halloween 2011

Haunted Mansion Holiday 2007

I know the rumor pops up every year that HMH is not returning. And I know there are convincing arguments on both sides as to its continuation. But Al Lutz reported a couple years ago that the 2006-2007 season would be the last, and I've just checked the Disneyland calendar for September 2007. The Haunted Mansion is NOT slated to be down at any time during the month for any reason.

Is it possible that Disneyland doesn't post regularly scheduled closure info like this immediately? Or is it possible that Holiday will not be returning in 2007 as Mr. Lutz suggested?

Re: Haunted Mansion Holiday 2007

Quote Originally Posted by dougeebear View Post
    Is it possible that Disneyland doesn't post regularly scheduled closure info like this immediately?

Helen Keller could create, update, and moderate her own website before Disneyland get's around to updating theirs.

And let's not even get into last years candlelight fiasco...

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WDWSageoftime View Post
    Helen Keller could create, update, and moderate her own website before Disneyland get's around to updating theirs.

ba-bum-chi!

• Banned User

Unless they are going to do something different, they'd be stupid not to do it. The refurb should be painless by now and I can't imagine how many more visitors it helps to bring in. It's also one of the few quality makeovers they've done that don't piss off too many people.

• Minion

I wonder if they wait until the last minute before they debate it among themselves every year?
    It has turned into a debate for and against for a while now hasn't it?
    I just saw it last year myself, and really enjoyed it.
    Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

• done

But Al Lutz reported a couple years ago that the 2006-2007 season would be the last
    He was wrong.

• hatbox ghost believer

Thumbs up Re: Haunted Mansion Holiday 2007

Unless, for some reason, they stop getting the crowds for it, it will continue seasonally indefinitely. Both Disney & Tim Burton make $$$ from it, so why stop? The other end of the conversation is when it will overlay at WDW? It's very successful at both DLR & TDL (which has a similar layout to WDW- so they have the decor already to fit the layout), but because of the clientele at WDW (which is different, in general to both TDL & DLR- both of them (DLR & TDL) have alot of local returning customers & WDW is primarily visiting worldwide tourists), it may never happen...

I love the layover myself (almost more than the original ride). My nieces & nephew also enjoy the holiday change (what kid doesn't love both Halloween & Xmas)?

Regardsarama,

Jon
    Jon A. Leslie
    nojarama
    http://www.nojarama.com

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

Yes... Remember this....

There is no magical 5 year contract deal with Burton. When they first did the show, the did it for 5 years to see how well it would work. Now they see that it is fully successful, therefore, they will do it as long as it keeps bringing in money.

Imagineering has also visited WDW HM each year to see if its up to par to bring HMH there as well. And... well... you all know how craptacular WDW HM is at the moment. However, after this rehab, we shall see.....

• When Will It Return?

If it can come to Tokyo, there shouldn't be any real/legit reason why it can't be brought to Magic Kingdom...

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

They actually took measurements at WDW HM when designing props for Tokyo. This is where a lot of the rumors came from when CM's were saying that they were measuring for Haunted Mansion Holiday.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by WDWSageoftime View Post

Oh so un-PC, yet oh so funny! And a truer word has ne'er been written. Disney somehow manages to never maintain their website. For a while it told you that Handicapped boarding of Jungle Cruise was located at the Main Street Train Station.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

That can't stop it... the HMH was one of the reasons I would be taking a December trip to Disneyland!!!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• 1375 miles away

Not sure how accurate but riderefurbs.com has HM listed to go down for refurb September 10 and open back on September 27.
    Me,DH,DS-23 ,DD-13

Our Long Awaited, Long Awaited Trip Report November 2010
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...post1056434199
    Our First Trip to WDW December 2009
    http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disn...16-2009-a.html
    November 2008 trip report! Updated 1/13/09!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...23-2008-a.html

• Just this guy......

But Al Lutz reported a couple years ago that the 2006-2007 season would be the last,
    That is not what Al reported. What he reported was that Tim Burton was not happy with the current deal that he had with the Disney Company and that he might pull the rights at the end of the contract in 2007. If he did that it would end the HMH.

Disney and Tim Burton were able to reach a new contract and so HMH will go on as planned.

I never trust the Disney website for info. Our last trip, they never listed the times for Sword in the Stone or Jedi, but both were up and running and California Screamin' was supposed up for two days of our trip and wasn't because they closed it early...but the website said it was open. They won't even list hours out very far and that is the most frustrating. How can they not know what the hours will be in 3 months?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast