• Who's your DaddyB?

Upgrading From SoCal Select to SoCal question

You'd think I'd know the answer to this, but well, I don't...

My kids have SoCal Select passes. Mrs. DaddyB and I have been thinking about upgrading them to the next level (basically using the "installment plan").

Now when we purchased the SoCal Select passes, they were allowed to enter the park that day, even though it was a blocked out day for the SoCal Select passholders. My question is, would this be true for the day that we upgrade them to the regular Southern California pass if it happens to be a blocked day for the regular Southern California Resident pass?

(this would not only upgrade their passes, but work like a blockout day pass).

Thanks for any help, or any stories of your experiences in upgrading on blocked days.
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

• I'm wishing

Re: Upgrading From SoCal Select to SoCal question

From what I remember one of your "two passes" has to be good on the day you are trying to use it. Example: You want to go to the Park on a day (or days) that are blocked out for all but Premium Passports, so you buy a one day (or multi-day) passport, use it to get into the park and then (on your last day) upgrade it to a SoCal Passport. It is good based on the one day/multi day passport that you had. However if you have a SoCal select, and it's a blockout day (that pass can't get into the Park) and if you upgrade to a SoCal Passport at the ticket window, then your new pass still won't let you into the Park that day.

I believe this is correct...anyone have any different way of doing this that would allow this family to get in this way? Is there a way of saying that you want to upgrade in the Park(not at the ticket windows) without mentioning that you only mean to upgrade to another level that would still be blocked on the day you are there??

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

When we upgraded to Deluxe, (so we won't eat for a few months...big deal... ) they were good on the day we went in on the new passes, i.e. as soon as you fork out the bucks for the upgrade, you should be able to use them on that day. However, if is a block out day for the regular SoCal pass, I don't think they'll work. On the first day we tried to upgrade, the nice lady said something about us having to buy a blockout ticket as it was a block out date for deluxe. We opted to come back the next day.

I think the difference is if you buy a regular parkhopper as admission and THEN decide to buy an ap on the same day, you're in the park. If you go with a certain type of ap in your hand and upgrade, you're limited to the days valid on your upgrade.

• I'm wishing

I should also say that I know the first day you bought your passport you could use it even on a blockout day. The reason is that everyone would just buy a one day pass and then upgrade it 5 minutes later. There is no reason to make people do in two steps what could be done in one step. However that option isn't available to you in this case.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by daddyb View Post
    You'd think I'd know the answer to this, but well, I don't...

My kids have SoCal Select passes. Mrs. DaddyB and I have been thinking about upgrading them to the next level (basically using the "installment plan").

Now when we purchased the SoCal Select passes, they were allowed to enter the park that day, even though it was a blocked out day for the SoCal Select passholders. My question is, would this be true for the day that we upgrade them to the regular Southern California pass if it happens to be a blocked day for the regular Southern California Resident pass?

(this would not only upgrade their passes, but work like a blockout day pass).

Thanks for any help, or any stories of your experiences in upgrading on blocked days.
    Yes, what you would do is get a block out pass for the day, then apply this to the upgrade. The block out is $30, and you apply it to the cost of the upgrade. Do the same thing when you upgrade to the DAP also <g>
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JulieMouse View Post
    I should also say that I know the first day you bought your passport you could use it even on a blockout day. The reason is that everyone would just buy a one day pass and then upgrade it 5 minutes later. There is no reason to make people do in two steps what could be done in one step. However that option isn't available to you in this case.
    Actually, it is available. Buy a blockout pass, then upgrade it to the SAP.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• I'm wishing

You people are GOOD!!!

:::bowing down:::