Thread: FNSV Capacity

FNSV Capacity

Some posts have pointed out that the subs somewhat low ride capacity is related to how long it takes to unload/load guests. What I'm curious about is why the sub loading area was not redone to allow two rows of subs to load the way Screamin', Indy or BTMRR loads. They had just about everything ripped out of the ride during the remodel, changing the docks would not seem like that much more in the big picture. Steps going up and over to the second dock, handrails on both sides and switches at the entrance and exit of the docks for subs, etc. Is there something else that limits capacity? It would seem like the subs could run practically nose to tail since all the guests are looking out of the sides only.

Is there more to it? Did DL miss an opportunity, get cheap, or just estimate that once initial interest dies off a single dock of loading will do?

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: FNSV Capacity

Quote Originally Posted by Grandicorney View Post
    Some posts have pointed out that the subs somewhat low ride capacity is related to how long it takes to unload/load guests. What I'm curious about is why the sub loading area was not redone to allow two rows of subs to load the way Screamin', Indy or BTMRR loads. They had just about everything ripped out of the ride during the remodel, changing the docks would not seem like that much more in the big picture. Steps going up and over to the second dock, handrails on both sides and switches at the entrance and exit of the docks for subs, etc. Is there something else that limits capacity? It would seem like the subs could run practically nose to tail since all the guests are looking out of the sides only.

Is there more to it? Did DL miss an opportunity, get cheap, or just estimate that once initial interest dies off a single dock of loading will do?
    Disneyland Sub can load two sub at the same time and one unloading.
    or CM can Load three sub the same time.
    so at one time can load 80 people. Or 120 people at one time.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• is too darn hot.

Re: FNSV Capacity

Quote Originally Posted by Grandicorney View Post

I'm guessing the switch mechanism would not stand up to repeated use. Once or twice a day to put subs in and out of the storage area, yes, but I don't think it would last long if it was constantly moving back and forth. Moving heavy objects underwater takes a lot more effort than moving them in the open air. I had a similar thought, then I used my previous line of reasoning to discard it. Also, I think once the attraction becomes a normal part of the park again, the lines will get shorter.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!