Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

What time to arrive for July 17th

Im from the UK visiting Disneyland for its actual 50th on July 17 and since Im traveling a long way just for this one day,I was wondering if any one could give me a good time to arrive at the park gates that day.I have emailed Disney already and was recomended to make sure I arrive early that day.But how early is early,I was told the Pumbaa Parking lot will be open for those
    Guests who wish to arrive early.But Guests will not be allowed to "camp out.So with a opening of 8.am that day,what time is going to be a safe bet.Im thinking maybe 6.am,but I may just visit City Hall the night before to see what they recomend.What are you guys doing ?

I'm getting there at 3 (am that is)

• insufferable know-it-all

I'm planning on showing up at what I believe can be described as "ugly-thirty in the morning"

If that's not your cup of tea, then I suggest coming no later than 9.

... Wouldn't it be hilarious if, after all this, the park was empty that day?

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    I bet they reach capacity by 10 am. Maybe 11am. Of course the number will fluctuate that day, as it did on May 5th. However, if TDA thinks that more than 35,000 people will enter DL in the first three hours the park is open, there is a reasonable possiblity that someone who shows up at 11am or 12pm will get turned away, or sent to DCA.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Ugg. it sounds SO uncomfortable.

i confess i am dreading it.

• Official MC Thread Killer

Ugh. I'm not thrilled about the crowds that are expected that day but I'll deal with it, seeing as how we have 5 other days to do DL on our vacation. I think we'll be there around 7 that day... that way we'll get in (not first, of course) but still be there before it closes to the general public. We're also paying for a hotel, so camping out is WAY out of the question
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

• Minion

Just out of curiosity, anyone know if they will open the ticket booths at all that day?
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 1stStarIC2nite
    Ugh. I'm not thrilled about the crowds that are expected that day but I'll deal with it, seeing as how we have 5 other days to do DL on our vacation. I think we'll be there around 7 that day... that way we'll get in (not first, of course) but still be there before it closes to the general public. We're also paying for a hotel, so camping out is WAY out of the question
    I think 6:00-6:30am would be good (2 hours before official opening time). :devil: You're right. I'm also staying in a hotel and feel camping out, though fun, is out of the question. I plan on getting in (not first like you said) but in before they close to the public nevertheless. Say "Hello" if you see DisneyParkFan on a MouseChat nametag. I hear the meet is at noon at the Hub.
    If the ticket booth don't open up then they won't see any more tickets and we (MiceChatters) can have the park all to ourselves.
    Cliff
    WDW '72, '97, '00, '02, '03 '06 '07, '08 DL '98, '05, '10 DLP '00 DCL '09

• CM for 4 years!

Cast members are blocked from using their IDs as an entrance pass on that day. :|

But we are allowed to use our complimentary tickets that day! Although it'd be stupid because of the crowds!
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    The ticket booths should be open early in the day... When the crowd gets to a certain size, they will stop selling Disneyland One Day tickets, but keep selling other things...

I plan to show up around 8 AM....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Disneyland Cast Member

Managers in my area are saying that DCA will be opened the night before for camping out al la DCA's opening in 2001.

• Pirate Girl

I asked this question to a friend of mine who is a CM in accounting or something this past weekend. He said they are expecting people to camp out and that I should arrive at 5:00am. Yuck! That means get up at about 3:30 and get ready quickly, leave by maybe 4:15 to arrive by 5:00. I bet the parking structure won't be open then.

I REALLY want to be there on the birthday. I want to take pictures of the crowds wearing gold ears. I want my cupcake :-) But I am dreading it as well. I will be alone too. It will be really hard to meet up with people as it was on May 5. Oy, what to do.

Aprille :-)

• Puppy Cuddles

Lots of people are planning to be there at 5, 5:30. If there's enough people lined up at the structure, it might block traffic on Ball and they can't have that or the city'd be all up on their backs. I would call guest services if you're worried about parking. Do they open the Lion King lots earlier?
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

I plan on arriving at around midnight.

• insufferable know-it-all

I'm SOOOOO not a morning person, so don't be surprised if I seem a bit... out of sorts

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast