Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Don't lets be silly! șoș

Question Best Disneyland department

Hello all! I was wondering, which department would (those of you who work, or worked at Disneyland) you say is the best department?

I've narrowed my department list down to three: Attractions, Entertainment, and Guest Relations. Now this isn't about who gets paid the best (we all know that's custodial anyway), but the most fun, and enjoyable to work for.

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

Re: Best Disneyland department

All three have their benefits and drawbacks. I'm in one of the above and adore it, but I've never done the other two, so I'll refrain from voting.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

• 88 mph

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMouse View Post
    I've narrowed my department list down to three: Attractions, Entertainment, and Guest Relations. Now this isn't about who gets paid the best (we all know that's custodial anyway), but the most fun, and enjoyable to work for.
    Ive seen Guest Relations riding around on Segways all day. But if you aren't a people person I would strongly advise against that.

I'm in attractions and so far I'm loving it. We do parades also. Its fun being able to shout something and everyone listens to you. The power! THE POWWERRRR!!!! =)

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Jeronius View Post
    Ive seen Guest Relations riding around on Segways all day. But if you aren't a people person I would strongly advise against that.

I'm in attractions and so far I'm loving it. We do parades also. Its fun being able to shout something and everyone listens to you. The power! THE POWWERRRR!!!! =)
    Uh, dude, they're hearing you, but they're not listening.

• 88 mph

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    Uh, dude, they're hearing you, but they're not listening.
    The Hell you say!
    Everyone listens to me! Cus I'm a CM! They have to! Right? Right?....

No but seriously, its great to yell "Anyone sitting on the street viewing the fireworks must stand up! Thank you!" And its like a giant wave all scrambling to get up. People tend to listen to you if you're nice.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

Near enough to disneyland to love the fireworks...

There's definitely good and bad with all those departments. It really depends on what you enjoy.

as said before, every department has its pros and cons. I'm from attractions and what i have to say about that is...it's a lot of fun, but also depends on what LAND you get and what ATTRACTION you get. Some attractions are fast paced and high energy while others can be very slow and not very exciting. So attractions depends a LOT on where you get placed.
    Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
    [Skipper & Archaeologist]

Its fun being able to shout something and everyone listens to you.
    You've not had to work a Fantasmic! shift yet, have you? lol
    I love attractions. So much so, that I quit in 2001 and rehired last year to the same land. It's my home.

Attractions would be quite fun I'm certain, any particular lands? I personally think that Adventureland seems like it would be the most fun, you have Indy, Tiki, and JC; seems like a good lot of rides. Seems like a very high energy land.

Any thoguhts?

Attractions would be quite fun I'm certain, any particular lands? I personally think that Adventureland seems like it would be the most fun, you have Indy, Tiki, and JC; seems like a good lot of rides. Seems like a very high energy land.

Any thoguhts?
    adventureland is also connected to frontierland as well .
    Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
    [Skipper & Archaeologist]

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Jeronius View Post
    The Hell you say!
    Everyone listens to me! Cus I'm a CM! They have to! Right? Right?....

No but seriously, its great to yell "Anyone sitting on the street viewing the fireworks must stand up! Thank you!" And its like a giant wave all scrambling to get up. People tend to listen to you if you're nice.
    That's an Auditory Illusion.

You actually only have to get the ones in front to stand up and the ones behind them have to follow suit to be able to see. You could get the first row(s) to stand up with a sign, hand signals, pantomine ...

Guest Control: Delusions of Authority
    Last edited by JeffYardDog; 06-05-2007 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dchun2007 View Post
    adventureland is also connected to frontierland as well .
    Are they the same area? If so, does New Orleans Square stand on its own feet, or is that part of another department?

Better question, how are the areas broken up?

• 88 mph

Are they the same area? If so, does New Orleans Square stand on its own feet, or is that part of another department?

Better question, how are the areas broken up?
    New Orleans is with Critter Country, and basically the Rivers of America. Mark Twain, Canoes, Rafts, Columbia, etc.

Adventureland, Frontier and Mainstreet are grouped.

-Adidas

yeah again, it all depends on what deparment you are familiar with. I am currently in attractions. There are times a hate it to death and there are times i love it. I finally got trained on a bigger attraction so i love it when i get to work there, but they also give me tons and tons of shifts at a smaller boring location that i hate. Plus it all depends on who your manangement team is. i love my management team they are awesome! but i did have a friend who worked in attractions in TL who hated is Management, he said that they were not nice people and never even tried to work with him when i had problems, not true with mine. But then again, i have never worked guest relations or entertainment, which i think i would prefer the two over attractions. I am a performer and that is what i love to do so i dont think i would mind entertainment at all. I wouldn't mind trying out guest relations as well. I am a people person and try to do the best i can when i am approached my a guest who is not having the best day. and normally they appreciate it.

• Minion

Oh yeah? Well, we have fun in Stores too, so there!
    I want my cake back!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast