• insufferable know-it-all

What DL merchandise do you wish they still sold?

We were talking in the candy thread about the little plastic candy boxes with ceramic figurines on top that they used to sell, as well as resin jewelry boxes.

I also miss that 80's Minnie Mouse sweatshirt (you know the one, it said Minnie Mouse down the left side and was black and red on a white sweatshirt.

So what do you miss most?

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Hooterville, USA

Villains stuff at the old villains shop.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Not sold, but I wish DLR would revert back to the 'Souvenir Guidebook' days. It was a lot easier for a resort newb to read the descriptions of rides and shows instead of guessing and/or asking a CM. Besides, they were fun to read and have some great photos in them.

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

I miss the glow-in-the-dark Fantasmic! tee-shirts.
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas

Ditto!!!!!

• My cuties!

I miss the old guide books and Villain shop too!!

• Who threw That Pie?

I remember the clear plastic boxes with rock candy inside. Sometimes the candy was clear and sometimes it was multi colored.

I liked the small wooden lock boxes they once sold near the Haunted Mansion. They were about the size of a brick. On the box was a picture of the H/M. To open the box, you had to find and move around several hidden slides that were a part of the box to make it open and reveal the hidden secret compartment. I still have mine someplace.

The "Dick Tracy" merchandise was also fun while the movie was out. The D/T brass badge and yellow brimmed hat they sold in the park were really cool although I dont think they would fly today unless a remake of the movie were out. Fun stuff though while at the park...

• insufferable know-it-all

My brother used to love those trick boxes! Was it near the mansion or was it at the Magic shop?

I bet the Dick Tracy hat WOULD fly... at least with the swing dance crowd.

For that matter, I miss the Friday night dance lessons they used to give before swing in the summer. Come back PBDA!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Who threw That Pie?

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    My brother used to love those trick boxes! Was it near the mansion or was it at the Magic shop?

I bet the Dick Tracy hat WOULD fly... at least with the swing dance crowd.

For that matter, I miss the Friday night dance lessons they used to give before swing in the summer. Come back PBDA!

Your absolutely right, I almost forgot. I remember seeing them also at the magic shop. I purchased mine at the "Piece's of Eight" pirate shop but I believe I recall seeing them on a vending cart near the Mansion at the time.

There was some other Dick Tracy merchandise that was cool. I seem to recall a yellow trench coat like the famous detective in the shop next to the magic store. And If I remember correctly, there was more then one version of the badge they sold.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas
    Precisely! Oh yeah, and the little PVC figurines that they used to sell. I only got Maleficent, Sorcerer Mickey, and a few of the seven dwarfs. Bring them back! I LOVED THEM! They were small, but still great!

• white and nerdy

I would really like a place to buy merchandise from attractions long gone...

I'd really like to get a plush fuzzball from Captian EO... Mine had his wings fall off
    But other things as well, country bear stuff, think about it! it would be one of the most popular shops (for me) at Disneyland!
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I saw a particular t-shirt twice, and I wanted it so badly...I didn't manage to be the winner on ebay for it. I guess it was a light blue Peter Pan shirt, and it had all the kids, him and Tink flying in the sky. I don't know, I just really love that Disney moment...