Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Banned User

I'll give a go at this:

Disneyland id better. Yes it is smaller and gets very congested very easily, but:
    - It obviously has the best versions of HM and POTC.
    -The layout is so much better than the Magic Kingdom because Big Thunder Mountain is in Frontierland and Splash Mountain is in Critter Country.
    - In the Magic Kingdom, both of the mountains seem liked they are shoved up into that corner of Frontierland.
    -I may seem a little wierd, but I like how DL's Space Mountain t-beams are spaced further apart on the outside of the Mountain. I keep hearing that Disneyland's Space Mountain is better and that sucks for MK because it has the bigger show building, so you the space would have been taken advantage of.
    - I like the how the HM is placed on the water at MK.
    - But I like the look of DL's HM better because it fits in with NOS so much more.
    - NOS is such a better land than Liberty Square.
    - What really gives Disneyland the bonus points is Fantasyland. The little European Village is so much more charming and cozing feeling that the MK's ugly carnival look.
    - ITASW is much better seeing how it has its own corner of the park and "mall" dedicated to it.
    - I seem to like Toontown better than Toontown Fair.
    - Plus Disneyland is better looking cosmetically and has the BEST fireworks show out of all!!!!!
    -Speaking of fireworks, that reminds of Fantasmic! MK doesn't have a Fantasmic! and the version playing at the Sutdios isn't even as good.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff
    Close your eyes at the MK and you hear people talking....they are talking about WDW, other attractions around Orlando, the drive to WDW, or even the flight.
    Close your eyes at Disneyland and you may hear some of those things but often you will hear the dramas of everyday life; people arguing on cell phones, talking about their jobs or school, and even when they are talking about Disneyland often it is a complaint.
    That's probablly because everyone here are mainly locals that will leave and drive home after the fireworks...Like myself

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    Do you actually have any true evidence of that? I doubt it... People will say the same things anywhere you go... People always complain, people always talk on cell phones, it's a fact of life... That doesn't change a park...

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    Quote Originally Posted by darkknightctn99
    Ok now I'm not sure what little part of heven you call southern CA but in july and august it's hot. don't get me wrong it's hell in fl too, not debating that.

and this daily typhoon your talking about may last 15 min to a half hour

the hurricanes....well that sucked!!!.....now living in fl, but last years hurricanes were the first to hit (CENTRAL) fl in many years

Now if you can breath I socal than your one of the few it's bad when you can SEE the air your breathing I refer to the smog........and yes befor you ask I used to live in palm spring, and drove into the LA area alot. ... lets not talk about the trafficthe world biggest parking lot comes to mind
    now getting to the point at hand DL is far better but but let's face it it's like comparing a 55 chevy to a 71 camaro there both nice cars but the 55's gonna turn more heads.
    lol...15-30 minutes of rain in Orlando in the summer?! LOL! I don't know what little piece of heaven you call central Florida, but the daily tsunami does last a half hour on a GOOD day! I'd be thrilled if that happened. More often, it will rain anywhere from 2 to 6 hours in the afternoon, and it is unbearably muggy up until the rain arrives, making it very hard to breath. California is very nice in the summer...compared to this stuff we currently have in the northeast, where it is not only 95 but exceedingly muggy, SoCal's 85 average in July and August with humidities down below 50% are IDEAL! Compared to Orlando, Anaheim is pretty ideal in the summer. I'd do anything to have the temps in Anaheim versus what we have in New Hampshire right now...

DisneyMickey, you point out Splash Mountain's location at WDW, and I agree completely...it is complete nonsense and it rips the theme of Frontierland at WDW apart. I don't know how many people know this, but that area of the Magic Kingdom has a very strong theme...as you move from Liberty Square to Big Thunder, you are moving forward in time and from the eastern US to the west. The numbers on the buildings tell you which year each building is themed to, and indeed go from the 1770s in Libery Square right through the 19th century in Frontierland, and there is even a bridge that goes over what represents the Mississippi River...it's very nice, really. But stuck in what should be...maybe Arizona in the late 19th century...is Splash Mountain, set in the American Southeast in the first half of the 19th century...it doesn't belong there at all!
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Evan-500
    but I prefer Dl, and dl's cleanliness!
    What true evidence do you offer that Disneyland is cleaner then Magic Kingdom? People will throw the same junk out anywhere you go... People always are messy, it's a fact of life... That doesn't change a park...
    Last edited by sleepyjeff; 06-26-2005 at 03:03 PM. Reason: syntax
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Blog Entries
    Actually it does change your experience when you find litter all over the place... There was a whole discussion how MK was disgusting with trash everywhere. How there was a wall of gum on splash mountain... It entirely changes the entire experience if everywhere you look theres garbage.

~

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Do you actually have any true evidence of that? I doubt it... People will say the same things anywhere you go... People always complain, people always talk on cell phones, it's a fact of life... That doesn't change a park...
    Actually is does change the Park....it's like verbal litter. MY evidence? There was a whole big discussion about it

Blog Entries
    Oi, your a sneaky bugger :P But really, it happens at either park, except it's a known fact that the litre thing seems to happen more at mk

~

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Oi, your a sneaky bugger :P But really, it happens at either park, except it's a known fact that the litre thing seems to happen more at mk

Okay, I'll give my two cents...

Comparing MK and Disneyland is like comparing apples and oranges. While Magic Kingdom is based on both the concept and design style of Disneyland, it is in no way supposed to be Disneyland.

After visiting DL last year, I can safely say that I appreciate DL for it's charm, it's history, and ultimately it's magic. However, I do have to say, as a designer and observer, MK is the superior park. (Before you get too pissed, read on) Here's why...

Magic Kingdom was a way for Walt and his Imagineers to correct the mistakes that were made at Disneyland. By incorporating the addition of sufficent space along with the ability to control the surrounding areas, Magic Kingdom is able to create a fully immersive environment. The attractions that the park duplicates from Disneyland are not quite as good, but by the same token there is a reason they are not. POTC is a shorter ride, but by incorporating a new queue and a speed ramp at the end, the Imagineers were fixing the problems of the first version. Now for the die-hard Disneyland fanatics, this makes the ride lackluster, but for someone who experiences this version first, it makes the CA version seem too long (I'm not among them).

Despite what people say, Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom is superior to Disneyland's. DL will need some serious time to make up the lost ground forfeited to her younger sister. With the addition of the Subs and Peoplemover, the area will grow, but the lighting, atmosphere, and character placed in the new (WDW) Tomorrowland are amazing.

As a theme park, Magic Kingdom is superior, because it was designed to be. As a place, Disneyland is superior, because has the prestige and magic. I personally find Disneyland to be a wonderful place, my favorite park on Earth, but to an outsider, a true tourist, Magic Kingdom is a better fit.

The imagineer in me also wants to include that Magic Kingdom definetly takes the cake on the "blank slate" factor. With tweaking and future development, it could become a park to rival even DL. Also, the entire WDW resort is not a boring place. Epcot is a truely remarkable experience, when the thrillingest ride fad passes, she will shine; in the future it will be an icon. MGM needs work, that much is clear, but don't count her out yet. Animal Kingdom is Disney's most promising American venture to date. With work, patience, and imagination, she can be a wonderful place, there's a reason Busch Gardens has survived the decades of Disney.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• The one, the only...

One more point...

One thing different that has not been mentioned is that at MK I feel that right now management is shorting the park. What I mean by that, Adventureland is not open when the rest of the park opens. I believe that it is now open at 10 am. You cannot even walk through it when it is closed. Tomorrowland rides COP and Timekeeper are only open for short times during peak seasons. When new rides were announced for other parks, MK got Cinderellabration, which, although I have not seen it yet, looks like a glorified fashion show. One can hardly call that an attraction. It looks like a parade stop to me.

Disney, like it has treated Disneyland, is short changing its most popular park. I believe that a major new attraction needs to be planned for MK. Stitch is a big disappointment. I did not like the chili-dog oder and the reusing the AA from Alien Encounter only made the ride seem stupid. Alien Encounter was a thrill ride in its own way. It was a much better show. I hope that Disney is listening.

So bottom-line... Both parks have some wonderful features. I love both parks. I grew up at DL so I will always have a special place in my heart for it. MK has just unrealized potential!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Hi

Actually i've visites Disneyland Paris , Walt Disney World and Disneyland California . All those MK are totally Different .

DLP's Magic Kingdom has a lots of Details who make us love Disneyland Paris like The Sleeping Beauty Castle , Space Mountain , and all those great stuff wich are diferent to another Disney Theme Park .

WDW's Magic Kingdom is nice , i love that HUGE Cinderella Castle and at night they change the colours every 15sec . Things that i love at the Magic Kingdom is Splash Mountain , Wishes , Carousel Of Progress .

Disneyland California have this Castle that Original Castle who makes Disneyland Special . Walking on that Park were Walt walked it's so magical for me . I Loved Everythings there .
    HKDL : Done !!!

• Don't Panic

Actually it does change your experience when you find litter all over the place... There was a whole discussion how MK was disgusting with trash everywhere. How there was a wall of gum on splash mountain... It entirely changes the entire experience if everywhere you look theres garbage.
    ok, well, when i went to DL, i saw a wall of gum on the Splash Mt. there, too. But, i went around New Year's. a few days into January when the big crowds had died down, i saw them cleaning it. i almost guarentee that whoever brought up the gum wall at WDW went during a time when there are huge crowds in the park and that it was cleaned soon after they saw it. i have gone to WDW many times in my 16 years and have never once seen a wall of gum. the worst i've even seen are the coins on Thunder Mt (which i think, one day, they should clean up and donate to charity or somthing. if people are gonna be *insert whatever insult you like* and disrespectful to the park, might as well use it all for some good)

• I know I'm just a newbie

Quote Originally Posted by xerotheory142
    the worst i've even seen are the coins on Thunder Mt (which i think, one day, they should clean up and donate to charity or somthing.
    they don't mind the coins at thunder mt because at least at wdw they donate the money to local needy families once a year, by disneyhand an outreach program run by disney. there are signs up by all fountains and in the thunder mt line thanking you for your donation ............ it says "your wishes will help us to make dreams come true thanks for your contribution to disneyhand"
    Last edited by darkknightctn99; 06-28-2005 at 01:01 AM.
    Eating greens is a special treat, it grows long ears and great big feet, But it sure is awful stuff to eat

Walt and his crew were pure Geniuses

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234