Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Re: My 1st Trip Report! 1st Sub for AP Preview of NEMO; Spoiler's are avoidable!

Yay yay Yay! Love it so far!

and thanks for that one turtle pic in the other thread - it was so subtle I didn't even notice it
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

•   
    • Senior Minion

Re: My 1st Trip Report! 1st Sub for AP Preview of NEMO; Spoiler's are avoidable!

Fantastic first trip report ... makes me even more envious!

• Miss Marvel

PART 3: THE AFTERMATH

Welcome back if you came from my NEMO spoilers. Thanks for staying if you didn't!

We had a great time, and were very sad to leave the subs. AGAIN AGAIN! Alas, Batman was keeping time, and it was about 9:37 when we disembarked. Factoring in the time to walk to the tram, the tram ride, the walk to the car, driving back to LA, there wasn't room for any more riding; NEMO or otherwise.

As we were leaving the attraction, this is what the line looked like.

Not very many people at all. It looked like Disney did a good job of inviting the right amount of guests to keep the subs going, but not make everyone wait a bajillion hours. I imagine the later the day, the more backed up things might become if breakdowns occur. Or any other reason that might slow things down.

No. This guy didn't dress up for the ride at all....

Maybe he didn't. But orange, Nemo colored, sailor stripes is just a bit suspicous to me. Even outbacky, khaki shorts and hiking boots. HMMM.

The obligatory countdown shot. (Which will eventually find its way to the appropriate thread.)

We leave the subs, and head back towards the tram. We reach the hub, where I make a U turn, and head back towards the lagoon. "MaryAnn, why are you going back into Tomorrowland? We have to go to work!" "Batman, we didn't have our picture taken by the lagoon! We have to commemerate!"

We head back to the lagoon, and find four non-suits, but non-costumed, cast members with name tags on. I thought they were normal guests until they turned around. I asked one to take our photo, and he obliged.

I then convinced Batman we had enough time for me to snap some more pics of the subs.

And finally, the sign we didn't see 'til the very end, which probably should have been at the beginning of this trip report.

As we passed through the hub, I saw the churro cart. Whether I wanted a churro, or I was just finding any excuse to stay in the park, I really don't know. I informed Batman I would like the Churro, or breakfast pastry as I've been calling it. But, we didn't have any cash.

We continue down Main Street and spy...

"Batman, can I have a pastry at the bakery." "Okay, MaryAnn." As soon as we walked inside, we saw at least a 15 minute wait. "Not enough time," Batman informed me.

As we exited the bakery, I saw...

My favorite end of day spot. "Batman, could we..." "As long as the line isn't too long." We walked in to find no one in line. YEA!!!!! So I order a white hot chocolate, my favorite, and a snickerdoodle. No one makes Snickerdoodles like Disneyland. In fact, I normally don't eat Snickerdoodles. But I looooove Disneyland's.

As we're walking through town square, I turn to Batman. "Ya know, I kinda want something Nemo like as a souvenir." "MaryAnn, we SO don't have the time."

I exit the park with a cocoa and snickerdoodle in my hand, and a satisfaction in my heart.

My subs are back. There is motion in the ocean. And that, my friends, is a very good thing.

THE END

PS If you're wondering why my hubby's so scruffy, he informed me that he couldn't shave today because it is hockey tradition. He said if he shaved, the Ducks would lose today. And the Stanley Cup trumps pictures.

Well, I guess he's right. 'Cause the Ducks just won the cup less than a minute ago. GO DUCKS!
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
    "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

• Miss Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Wow, you're like... the coolest!!!!

Well, you're like...the coolest for saying so!
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
    "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

• Popular Princess

awesome TR! looks and sounds like you had a lot of fun! thanx for sharing!
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

Red Face Re: My 1st Trip Report! 1st Sub for AP Preview of NEMO; Spoiler's are avoidable!

Hi there,
    What a Terrific Trip Report!!!
    My family and I were also there for the 9-10am check in at the booth and recognise you from the pics you posted. (Hubby and I wondered how early the people in the front arrived) We were not on the first sub.. it is a little tricky with 2 toddlers in tow. I would have loved to have documented the trip just like you guys. It's a eerie same same feeling because we too tried to check into the Travel Industry Preview Desk.
    We enjoyed the ride.. I was somewhat concerned about earlier posts of it being potentionaly scary for little ones.. so I admit late last night I cheated and watched the Google Vid Clip to see what I was in for (my youngest does not like the Pooh Bear ride but love Kids Coaster - so go figure?). I am not sure if this lessoned my "wow" factor or because I spent most of the ride trying to remember when the "scary" stuff is coming to comfort the kids!
    They were OK with it. I think it would be hard to enjoy the wonderful coral sea scenes during the night? I think my dissapointment is there is a big difference in story view depending on where you sit.
    I never rode the original but I am thrilled to have shared this new and early experience with my Hubby and 2 girls.
    P.S. They did have the waterfalls turned off for most of the day we were there.
    P.S.S. I had a shocking headache most of the day, perhaps there are decompression issues on the sub??
    --- just kidding --- tis ok.. Hubby looked at me stupid when I said this at the park today )

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnn in Wndrlnd View Post

I love this shot! The way the sun is hitting the water, the sky, the clouds ... really terrific.

That TR was just the best. Thank you so much for giving us a first hand up close and personal look at the AP sub preview.

• Are we there yet?

OMG wow, that was sooo fun! Great pictures and great report! Thanks!
    What time is the 3 o'clock parade?

http://www.myspace.com/pduliere

• Picturing the Magic

Thanks for keeping me updated. Good first trip report. Also, I love the shots of the empty parking lots and Tomorrowland terrace.

(Sign up and search "Splashmoun10")

I use a Nikon D50 with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens and a Zoom-Nikkor 70-300m f/4-f/5.6 G

Check out my latest TR (August 4th---August 11th) at Disneyworld!

Check out my latest TR (January 4th) at Disneyland!

• Dreams do come true

great report thanks

• is on the rocks

Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnn in Wndrlnd View Post
    Everyone, thank you for all your kind words. I'm having so much fun writing it; so I'm glad you're having just as much fun reading it.

I'm going to pick up comic books now, but I'll be back in over an hour to finish up!
    I had a FANTASTIC time reading! Great first TR!

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Wow, you're like... the coolest!!!!
    Isn't she? I MaryAnn and Batman.
    She did it!

you rock, my dear.

i'm really glad that you had an awesome time today. good for you!!!!

you and your hubby are too cute together.
    kingdom hearts <3er

• Proud Narnian

Traveling between Narnia, Camelot, and The Midlands

Awesome first TR!!!!!

• That Guy

Great TR, thanks very much!

I have a ? for the group.

Is it me, or is the NEW best job at DLR the job of piloting the Subs? What a pimped out job. My big question, is what, if anything are they doing to pilot the sub. Left and right are out...so is it more of an on/off thing, and babysit the guests?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

That was an awesome TR! And thank Batman for allowing the Ducks to win this evening. That was rather cool of him.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast