Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Up is Down

Re: My 1st Trip Report! 1st Sub for AP Preview of NEMO; Spoiler's are avoidable!

Great Trip report I loved it!
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

• Miss Marvel

Re: My 1st Trip Report! 1st Sub for AP Preview of NEMO; Spoiler's are avoidable!

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Awesome triop report! Funny thing is...I was right there in the area at the same time! I was at the park alone that morning (as I had posted in another thread) and then I spotted a couple of other MCers at rope drop and followed them over...and lurked in the are for quite some time after that)...sorry that I didn't get to meet any of you.

Glad you had a good time.

--Barry
    "Strangers in the night, doobie doobie doobie, passing in the night....."

Well, I may have made up the "Passing in the night" part, but you get it.
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
    "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

• Neep meep beep

Now I see where you got delayed - it was the rope drop. The clever and sneaky micechatters I was with snuck through the shops on the tomorrowland side of Main street, to be able to jump ahead of the pack at rope drop and get to the subs first - even the castmembers we met up with, after separating from the large herd going to space mountain, said "aren't you guys excited? You get to be the first ones to ride the subs!"

So we were in the first full sub to be dispatched before you even got to the dock, I think. Either way, a very quick and trouble free ride.

• Miss Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto View Post
    Now I see where you got delayed - it was the rope drop. The clever and sneaky micechatters I was with snuck through the shops on the tomorrowland side of Main street, to be able to jump ahead of the pack at rope drop and get to the subs first - even the castmembers we met up with, after separating from the large herd going to space mountain, said "aren't you guys excited? You get to be the first ones to ride the subs!"

So we were in the first full sub to be dispatched before you even got to the dock, I think. Either way, a very quick and trouble free ride.

Hmmm. I don't think so. The castmembers said there were only THREE people who got there first. I'm pretty sure those first three subs that took off either took off empty, or with travel industry peeps. It only took us 1 minute to walk from the start of rope drop to the subs. There's NO WAY that they had sixty or so people walk to the far end of Tomorrowland, work their way through the queue, and have three subs COMPLETELY loaded and hatches shut in 1 minute. There's just NO WAY.

The first people in line were shuttled to the left side of the queue. Because of the way it loads, I was in the fourth seat from the end of the sub facing the lagoon, with the three ladies who were first in line in the last three seats.

We were probably on the same sub.

(You really want that first Micechatters to ride the sub title, don'tcha? )
    Last edited by MaryAnn in Wndrlnd; 06-08-2007 at 11:21 AM.
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

• Miss Marvel

OH. Even more obvious. WE BOTH RODE NAUTILUS. So I doubt we were on seperate subs.

Nice trip report. Thank you!
    I believe my family and I were in the Scout sub that you photographed. We exited the sub at almost exactly 10:00 AM! We were in the second three subs to dispatch.

We did encounter closed parking because the Mickey and Friends lot did not open until 7:30 AM but our ticket page instucted us to be at ticket booth #8 at 7:30 AM..... Oops. The ticket booth opened promptly at 8:00 AM.

Oh yeah, did you make it to west LA in time ?

• Miss Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by ravencroft View Post
    Nice trip report. Thank you!
    I believe my family and I were in the Scout sub that you photographed. We exited the sub at almost exactly 10:00 AM! We were in the second three subs to dispatch.

Oh yeah, did you make it to west LA in time ?
    Your welcome!

That timeline makes sense. I bet that was your sub.

And we did make it. With about seven minutes to spare.

great shots

• Star Tours Fan

Nice Report. Thanks

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Excellant trip report! We'd love you to do more TRs any old time! Seasoned pro I'd say!

Chad

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234