Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Miss Marvel

My 1st Trip Report! 1st Sub for AP Preview of NEMO; Spoiler's are avoidable!

MY FIRST TRIP REPORT
    MaryAnn in Wndrlnd and Batman (Husband) Go to NEMO

Here we go....

Our assigned time for the AP Preview of Finding Nemo: Submarine Voyage was 9-10 AM. The first hour of AP Previews!!! Knowing that we had to work at 11 AM in West LA, we decided to play it safe. We had no clue what traffic was going to be like, and even less of clue as to what the lines were going to be. If we didn't load onto the sub by 9:15 AM, we wouldn't even have a chance at making it back in time for work. And as we are the only people on staff at our work...well, it would be bad if we didn't make it back in time.

So, we wake up at a ridiculous hour.

On the road at 6 AM. Batman is tired.

Breakfast of Champions

6:47 AM We arrive at Timon to...what what...

DENIED Well then.

6:49 AM We arrive at Pumbaa to...what?!

DENIED AGAIN Okay.

6:54 AM We arrive at Mickey and Friends to...

...finally park. Then we're put in Pinocchio.

We tram it to the park and travel through security at 7:06 AM.

You might be surfacing on 11th for some, but you're surfacing for me today!!!!

Well, ticket booth eight was completely devoid of human life. Then we saw this sign...

and this sign...

...with this group of people by it.

So we say, "Oh. That's where we should check in I guess." We line up and feel very self-concious that we're the only ones not wearing suits. And everyone has these funny square cards. "Excuse us," we say as we come to the front of the line. "Is this for us commoners too?" I receive a smile and a comment about how there are many people previewing the ride today. Very Disney response. They look at our paper. "Oh. No. You're suppose to check in at booth 8." I receive the two fingered Disney point, and see a cast member standing amidst the chains that I hadn't seen before. "Thank you," I say, and head along my way. (We find out later it's a preview for the travel industry.)

We then notice this sign by the booth.

Interesting. Oh, wait. Let's look at the back side.

Ah. Wouldn't it be more helpful facing the other way? Anywho...

7:15 AM We enter the line. We are the only ones. I take a picture to bide the time.

Soon, several cast members receiving instructions on how to handle the line come over. We visit with them for a bit. We are also used as test subjects so they can practice on us. They were very nice, and helped make the time pass.

8:00 AM A family of four joins us in line. Two people in their group decided not to go!!! They had two extra tickets and didn't bring anyone else!!! I bite my tongue. More people start lining up about ten minutes later.

8:40 AM The ticket booth opens!!! We receive our passes and book it to the front gate to find....

...this. Batman is the third one in line from the left. We worry. "How many of these people could be here for the preview?" "But we were first in line for the tickets!" "Well, maybe people were staying in line while others retrieved the tickets?" "But ALL AP holders have to be present to pick up the tickets." HMMMMMM We wait and hope.

We look back at DCA.

Poor DCA.

8:42 AM We make it in the front gate! They start letting people in around 8:40.

We make it to the end of Main Street, and there's already a large crowd gathered for the rope drop.

A reference point for how far back we are.

8:48 AM The crowd is forming.

Obligatory castle shot.

Portrait of the happy couple.

Ooops. Take off the glasses.

I'm excited. It's my FIRST rope drop.

I had some time, so I took pictures of windows I don't normally look at.

Magic Eye to the world.

I want to go to finishing school......*sniff*

If Disney teaches a business school, those graduates must be the best. Who wouldn't want to learn business from Disney.

8:59 AM The group behind us is HUUUUUGE now.

9:00 AM ROPE DROP!!! LET THE POWER WALKING BEGIN!!!

More to come....
    Last edited by MaryAnn in Wndrlnd; 06-06-2007 at 04:56 PM.
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
    "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

• Minion

Blog Entries

Re: My 1st Trip Report! 1st Sub for AP Preview of NEMO; Spoiler's are avoidable!

Great 1st TR so far... I can't wait to see the rest...
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: My 1st Trip Report! 1st Sub for AP Preview of NEMO; Spoiler's are avoidable!

EEEEK, YOU'RE PUTTING ME IN SUSPENSE! and maybe i should give you my digits so you can call me up the next time a group doesn't bring extra people to come to the preview! AAGGHGHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MICE~CHAT Resident DJ

LOL....great report so far. I'm loving it!

Check out my Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/joe_e_audio

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Great Trip Report so far. I like the caption under the photo of McDonald's. Too funny! I heard their sausage mcmuffins are pretty good...LOL!
    Last edited by Rocker; 06-06-2007 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Change the location of the restarunt in the pic.

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Wow! This is almost as good as being able to go ... well, not really but the next best thing

I wanted to run screaming from the computer about the couple who had two unused tickets

Looking forward to the continuing saga!

• Miss Marvel

PART 2

We book it through Tomorrowland with no time for pictures! But I do have to stop at the Tomorrowland Terrace as I have NEVER seen it completely empty before.

We finally arrive at our destination with NO OTHER GUESTS IN SIGHT!

Batman's in the foreground trying to convince the cast member our ticket says 9-10, not just 10. We ask if we're the first in line.....our hearts race...

No. There are three ladies in front of us. HOW THE HECK DID THEY DO THAT?! Anywho.

The almost completely empty line.

More line. AND A SUB!!! UP CLOSE!!!

The Seafarer is sitting right in front of us. Ooooo. Is that our Sub that will take us on our magical journey through liquid space?

PLEASE OH PLEASE!

Alas. It moves on without us. And two more go gliding by. And then, no more subs at the dock. Hmm. I pass more time by taking pics of the lagoon and Matterhorn from viewpoints that haven't been available in years.

The Nautilus pulls up.

Could that be our skipper?

The Nautilus pulls up, and lets this guy out.

Just him. Who is he? Why did he receive a solo ride? Was he a leftover from the Travel Industry Preview? Was he so late, he had to catch a different sub? Or is he THAT important? It is truly a mystery to me.

Still waiting to see if we board...

Still waiting.....

WE BOARD!!!!!! We ride Nautilus for the first AP Preview ride around the lagoon!

At this point, I will link to my pictures of the actual ride and report in the "Official Information" thread to avoid spoilage for those who care.

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...81#post1825681

Come back here after you're done to see "Part 3: The Aftermath" of my trip report.
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

I'm impressed with the pics, especially the one with the Scuba-Diver.

I read online that they would use some new screening technology for the underwater sequence.

Anyway, great pics, Gwen.

-Alex

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

I'm glad you made it on! When I dropped by around 9:50 or so, it didn't look like that many people were getting on or off. I was afraid there were technical difficulties and that you might have had to miss it to go to work. Congrats on winning and making it on the ride!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

This is great so far and I appreciate you keeping it spoiler avoidable.

• ap holder

i didnt get chosen :[

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

Wow, this is so hilarious!

I am glad you two were picked to go!
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

• Miss Marvel

Everyone, thank you for all your kind words. I'm having so much fun writing it; so I'm glad you're having just as much fun reading it.

I'm going to pick up comic books now, but I'll be back in over an hour to finish up!

• The Twilight Zone

Very nice like a storybook.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnn in Wndrlnd View Post
    Everyone, thank you for all your kind words. I'm having so much fun writing it; so I'm glad you're having just as much fun reading it.

I'm going to pick up comic books now, but I'll be back in over an hour to finish up!

Wow, you're like... the coolest!!!!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast