Anyone know about Costco and Disneyland lithos???

I have a friend at Disney who said that Disneyland and Costco are partnering to make lithos or postcards of the original park attractions and putting them inside the upcoming DVDS. I hear that they are the same images from the print-on-demand at the Gallery. If the program works, they will do more. They are supposed to be out in July to actually be a part of the 50th but I';m not sure. I would love to get all of the images if they do make them available. I can't afford the to buy the full size posters so keep checkin and if this is real...tell all of your friends. I WANT THEM ALL!!!

• Prefect

Blog Entries
    which DVD's would they be put in? i haven't heard about this. (not implying it's not true )
    <o>

• Minion

My husband works at Costco. I will see if I can find anything out.

• Minion

I called my husband at work (luckily he just happens to be closing tonight). He checked the computer for anything that might sound like this. There was nothing. So, either you got some really inside info, or it isn't right.
    We are in AZ, maybe it is a CA. only deal. I will post if I hear anything though.

• Basking in birthday love

Re: Anyone know about Costco and Disneyland lithos???

I was just at Coscto this evening, and I saw the lithos. They're packaged with old live action Disney movies (Freaky Friday, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, and The Parent Trap among them). It's three lithos per DVD, grouped by land. The land theming apparently has nothing to do with the movie, as I spotted a copy of Tron with Adventureland lithos. The lithos are probably about the same size as the DVD case, because the package wasn't any bigger than the other DVDs. The lithos are of attraction posters. The DVDs are selling for $12.99 each. No idea what the scope of this promo is. (This was at the Costco in Montclair, about 25 minutes from DL.) I was going to buy one, but I couldn't find a New Orleans Square set with a movie I liked, so I bought Aladdin instead.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

I just found these yesterday, what a cool deal! I got the original "Freaky Friday" and it came with a set of three "New Orleans Square" lithos, which is the best set because it has the Haunted Mansion and POTC! (also a cool Disneyland Railroad poster) If I didn't already have most of those Disney DVD's, I'd be buying a whole lot more of them right now. I'm going to have to keep an eye out for some DVD's I don't have yet, I'd like to get the whole set eventually. It won't be easy though, as a crazy obsessed DVD collector I think I have almost all those Disney DVD's.

--Jonathan

I work at Costco I'll have to check them out tomarrow, and maybe snap a few pics.

• Be-Bop Bear

Avondale, AZ (but wishing I was in Anaheim...)

I was at Costco this morning. There are 5 sets of lithos, 3 to a pack, all attraction posters. They are grouped according to theme (Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, etc.) but as someone already said, the theme doesn't necessarily match the DVD.
    "George Bush... is only for now."
    Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind!

I can't seem to find them at my store? oh well I know not all Costcos carry the same merchandice.