Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Land Never Been But Live in Orlando

HI ALL!

I just found this great site.

I was born and raised here in Orlando & have been going to DisneyWorld my whole life.

I have NEVER been to Disneyland though. I am going to go the last week of this month (June)!! I am really excited I can't wait to go see Mr.Toad! I've missed him! Hee hee.

I would like to know though those that have been to both parks or just really knows what they are talking about what are some CAN'T MISS things at Disneyland I should see that I won't at the World or are differnt than down here?

I know from my parents that the Tea Cups are different because there are 'outside' and that the one restaurant over looks Pirates rather than Small World down here.

ANY HELP would be grrrrreat!!! THANK YOU ALL!

• Dapper Dan-nabe

Re: Land Never Been But Live in Orlando

Pirates is nearly twice as long out here, and a much better show. The Mansion is also head and shoulders above its Florida counterpart. Also, don't miss Indiana Jones- trust me, you have nothing like it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentDante View Post
    Pirates is nearly twice as long out here, and a much better show. The Mansion is also head and shoulders above its Florida counterpart. Also, don't miss Indiana Jones- trust me, you have nothing like it out there.
    Okay then that is a question is the drop on the Pirates as steep out there or worse?

Indiana Jones is that the say one out here at MGM or Epcot?

THANK YOU!

I going to Disneyworld for the first time end of june. I am a passholder here at Disneyland. It looks like WDW doesnt have a Indiana jones ride, so dont miss that, and space mountain has been revamped and is very cool. I would suggest hopping over to DCA and riding Screamin and Grizzly Rapids. Plus the subs just reopened with finding Nemo theme. Haven't been on them yet but I here its good.
    Where at Disneyworld is a good place to buy water and other items at a reduced price. I have heard that there is a store in the resort but can't seem to find anyone else that knows about it.
    thanks

• Dapper Dan-nabe

I don't remember the drop in Orlando specifically (last time I went was for my honeymoon last year, when Pirates was closed for refurb), but out here there's two drops, neither one bad. But there are a lot more scenes, making for an appx. 15 minute ride as opposed to WDW 7 or 8 minutes. Indy in Orlando is basically a stunt show, out here it's one of the most impressive rides in the park. Great fun!

• Ultimate Margarita Time!

Don't miss Indy for sure, Splash Mtn is the bomb, ToT, and dont the newbie, the Nemo subs!

Indy is big time fun!!! An absolute must!
    "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

• Dapper Dan-nabe

Point of reference: I have lived in LA for a year. I've gone to the park 4 times (can't make it down every week, I'm afraid), and already I list Indy with The Mansion and Pirates as my top 3 rides. It's just awesome.

Okay well I ask about the drop because I am a whimp! LOL Out of all the attractions around the World the biggest "roller coaster" I will go on and still have a little panic is actually Thunder Mtn at DisneyWorld. I have been known to go on Space Mtn but I can't remember it I have blocked that out!!! Even the drop for Splash Mtn is too much for me I won't go on it. I did it once.

I am going to Disneyland with my boyfriend & his son... so honestly ya'll I don't want to be embarassed or panic that is why I am asking about drops & stuff! LOL

• Dapper Dan-nabe

Don't worry about the Pirates drop at all, it's nothing, and really Space Mountain out here doesn't have huge drops either, but I won't force you.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Pirates of the Caribbean - Alot longer then WDW.

Indiana Jones Temple of the Forbidden Eye- Is like Dinosaur out there in WDW, but alot more movement and craziness

Matterhorn- Is an awesome ride!

Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters- Alot of fun and longer then WDW's I believe

Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage- No explanation here!

Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin- The ride is alot of fun for young and old alike. I think you will enjoy this.

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride- A missed ride from WDW, but instead of having dual tracks it is one track.

Pinocchio's Daring Journey- I don't believe it's there in WDW

Alice in Wonderland- Personally my FAVORITE dark ride.

Well the school bell ring and I have to get to class. I hope you have fun!

I agree with the previous posters: definitely go on Indiana Jones, Pirates, and Haunted Mansion. Space Mountain and the Matterhorn are great, but if you don't like roller coasters then you probably won't have fun. They're both pretty tame though.

And, make sure to see the fireworks show from in front of the castle. You should probably get a spot an hour or so before it starts. And personally, I love the Aladdin show at California Adventure.

i agree with everyone, you have to check out indy, matterhorn, Haunted mansion, pirates of the carribbean, tiki room if you miss the old show, space mt, its way better at DL. and i agree about the fireworks, the best show around! and dont forget nemo.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by OrlGoingToLand View Post
    Okay then that is a question is the drop on the Pirates as steep out there or worse?

Indiana Jones is that the say one out here at MGM or Epcot?

THANK YOU!
    Indy at Disneyland is a ride with a vehicle similar to the ones used in Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom. As you know, the Indy attraction at MGM is a stunt show. There is no Indy ride at Epcot ( ).

And I chime in on definitely checking out the Matterhorn, Subs, Pirates... plus Casey Jr & Storybookland as WDW doesn't have those rides.

• Boogers are salty

You should bring A WDW map to compare what is a different experience, Pirates Lair is totaly new and unique to th park if you like that sort of thing, Fantasmic is always a must, and dont forget to ride the Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast