• Minion

More fuel on the Resort Housing fire

From the OC Register, 6/7/2007:

The amount of financial benefit that Anaheim derives from the resort may be less than the Save Our Anaheim Resort coalition claims.

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister...le_1721310.php

• Hillary scares me.

Re: More fuel on the Resort Housing fire

Burn!

Disney completely lost me in this debate when they argued that this housing project will further global warming. True story.
    Last edited by chrisaaron; 06-07-2007 at 11:08 PM.

• Who's your DaddyB?

ah-ha... and what's your source for that Chrisaaron?

And I'd hardly say that ANYTHING by the Daily Show rips ANYONE a 'new one' and especially not that piece of "comedy" you linked to. "The Daily Show" is not 60 minutes, my friend. That piece SPOOFS the situation, not ripping anyone "a new one".

IMO "Daily Show" jumped the shark about 2 years ago.
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

Well said daddyb.

• Multi-decade CM

Quote Originally Posted by daddyb View Post
    And I'd hardly say that ANYTHING by the Daily Show rips ANYONE a 'new one' and especially not that piece of "comedy" you linked to. "The Daily Show" is not 60 minutes, my friend. That piece SPOOFS the situation, not ripping anyone "a new one".

The Daily Show is liberal propaganda housed in a pseudo-comedy programme. Don't take anything they say seriously. In fact, if The Daily Show is against something I am already against, it would make me re-examine my position.

Lighthope

Pearls of Wisdom - A second Flood, a simple famine, plagues of locusts everywhere, or even a cataclysmic earthquake I'd accept with some despair. But, no, you sent us Congress! Good God, Sir, was that fair?

--== TIGERS' QUEST - http://www.tigersquest.com
    --== THE DOCTOR WHO AUDIO DRAMAS - http://www.dwad.net

Quote Originally Posted by chrisaaron View Post
    Disney completely lost me in this debate when they argued that this housing project will further global warming. True story.
    LOL!!!
    "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

• Hillary scares me.

Quote Originally Posted by daddyb View Post
    ah-ha... and what's your source for that Chrisaaron?

Well gosh, it's a good thing you pointed that out to me because my tiny little brain couldn't figure out that the Daily Show was satirizing the recent events between Fortune 100 company Disney and Anaheim! Furthermore, that link is in my signature and wasn't used to argue any point whatsoever in this thread, nor did I in any way indicate it was a legitimate source of news. It's a moot point to even bring it up.

In a new argument Tuesday, Disney officials provided city officials with a thick packet asserting that, among other things, the residential project would exacerbate global warming because of the traffic it would generate.
    - LA Times, April 26, 2007

• Progressive Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthope View Post
    The Daily Show is liberal propaganda housed in a pseudo-comedy programme. Don't take anything they say seriously. In fact, if The Daily Show is against something I am already against, it would make me re-examine my position.
    The news on the Daily Show is no more or less credible than that found on the conservative mouthpiece network, aka Fox News, but at least the Daily Show is more honest with their intentions.

When looking at that map on the Daily Show bit to see where this housing is being planned only makes me not support Disney's side in this matter even more so. People made it sound as if it was right next door to the parks; it's not. The guy talking about what slime this housing project will bring to the area sounded like a kook.

It will take Disney's team of 150 lawyers -- and then some -- to beat this issue. Personally, I think they will all find a compromise at some point after the courts rule in favor of the city.

• Animatronic

I thought the housing track was near the proposed 3rd gate, not the current parks. Housing next door will all but kill the 3rd gate and all the super amazing over budget E-tickets it would no doubt have under John Lasseter.

• Nice ears dude. Thanks.

I cannot find a link now, but I am almost certain that where the Daily Show showed the housing going in is not correct. I believe it is going to be southeast of Disneyland near the Katella and Harbor intersection.
    Do you see the excellence of this invention?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by derrickd View Post
    I cannot find a link now, but I am almost certain that where the Daily Show showed the housing going in is not correct. I believe it is going to be southeast of Disneyland near the Katella and Harbor intersection.
    Close to the 5 (Santa Ana) Freeway and Katella.

East of that intersection.