Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Feeling LOVED

Toontown.....or not Toontown that is the question??

I know for me this is one area of the park I always skip. Even when my kids were little it drove me nuts. Just curious how many of us tend to skip this area of the park?
    HEARTS CLUB !!

• is too darn hot.

Re: Toontown.....or not Toontown that is the question??

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2dzneboys View Post
    I know for me this is one area of the park I always skip. Even when my kids were little it drove me nuts. Just curious how many of us tend to skip this area of the park?
    I tend to skip it most of the time unless I really want to go on Roger Rabbit Car Toon Spin. Some of the interactive elements in the building outside the gag factory are fun. If I'm there with a small child I'll enjoy it with them.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Disney worshipper/geek

This question could not have come at a better time.

I was there yesterday. Gadget's Go Coaster was the second thing I took my goddaughter on. Mickey and Minnie's houses were pretty quite and she wanted to go in, so we did. WE WERE IN MINNIE'S HOUSE FOR ABOUT A HALF AN HOUR! Why, you ask? She wanted to serve tea in the kitchen, pretend she was Minnie going to sleep in the bedroom, type e-mails like Minnie and listen to Minnie's messages loop (which is, like, two messages) 500 times! Finally, the only way we got her to leave was through the fron door. I hate going in the direction that they tell you not to...

THEN, she tried to do the same things in Mickey's house. She doesn't like how dark it gets when you get to the movie barn, but as you get close, she decides she doesn't want to see Mickey. Instead of finding that exit before the barn, we had to go BACK, when it started getting busy and THAT is when she started dawdling in there.

Wh must have wasted, like, and hour, total. Ticked me off to no end. I don't know why my aunt didn't at some point just tell her enough was enough. Plus, the land as a whole is so much lower than my expectations. Either that thing needs to go to expand Fantasyland, which it so deperately needs, or they need to totally revamp it and keep it repainted. It ALWAYS looks faded!
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

• Glad to hear: Flynn Lives

Personally I like toon-town... in concept. It just has always seemed half done to me, even when it first opened when I was a teen.

I still like going there and just looking at the scenery... when it is in good shape. I just feel that it is about half of what it could be. If they moved more of the admin buildings away, they could fit some nice rides on the outside... they have plenty of facades to act as doorways.

I just wish it could live up to its potential.
    Daffy: How's this for a new team name: The Ducks!
    Bugs: Please! What kind of Mickey Mouse organization would name their team The Ducks?

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Roger Rabbit's Cartton Spin. A friend and I were talking during finals today... We would really enjoy a Mickey dark ride where Pete once again kidnaps Minnie and Mickey has to go through different movies that he was in to save her. I think it would be alot of fun
    Last edited by Kritter; 06-07-2007 at 11:54 PM.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Quote Originally Posted by bytemaster View Post
    Personally I like toon-town... in concept. It just has always seemed half done to me, even when it first opened when I was a teen.

I still like going there and just looking at the scenery... when it is in good shape. I just feel that it is about half of what it could be. If they moved more of the admin buildings away, they could fit some nice rides on the outside... they have plenty of facades to act as doorways.

I just wish it could live up to its potential.
    I have to agree here. In concept, Toontown is fantastic. However, even when it opened, it was slightly disappointing and that has only grown over time. It's a long walk to get there just for 2 rides and a line to see Mickey. Chip and Dale's Acorn thingy has long since stopped being fun and is just a walk-thru, and adding Goofy's bounce house to Yesterland early last year certainly didn't help. The "land" if it can be called that needs more of a reason to get you there, and to get you to stay for a while.

It has been discussed in MANY threads here about adding an actual restaurant up there - and a popular idea has been to create a "House of Mouse" based on the TV show of the same name. I think that would be a great start. Also, with the potential (per AL) of the Muppets getting evicted from DCA for Mickey's Philharmagic, why not let the Muppets come to Toontown (or better yet - put Mickey's Philharmagic in toontown!!!).

People claim it is a pain to walk there due to it being a dead end - well, that hasn't hurt foot traffic into Critter Country! Why? Because there is a "destination ride" there in Splash Mountain. I think the themeing and character interaction in Toontown is even better than in Critter Country but it gets lost because it just doesn't have anything to be a destination more than once.

I think something needs to be done here, even before they do anything else to Tomorrowland. Why? Because there will be enough traffic for a while in Tomorrowland with Nemo. Adding any other construction projects (and I really would love the PeopleMover to come back) right now isn't a great idea traffic wise. So, move to a different land and spice it up. I vote for Toontown! (ok, and Frontierland after that )
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• ap holder

i think because it is all the way at the end of the park we tend to skip it. i always forget about it. even though i remember when i was younger gidget's go coaster was my favorite and i had to go on in like twenty times.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I've gone quite a bit in the past year, but it's always to grab a fast pass for Roger Rabbit, fool around for half an hour and then hop on the ride.

And I agree that Toon Town as an idea is great. They just need to treat it like a REAL land. Like... REAL attractions and REAL dining options.

Toon Town shouldn't be targeted to the kiddies either. You'll see that the kids play there and have fun so some may argue that there's a need for something like that, but those same kids would be having fun doing just about ANYTHING anywhere. They have vivid imaginations. Disneyland is expensive so let the park be filled with quality attractions worth paying for.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Destroyer of Mallcore

I recall when it first opened and everything was there. The bounce house, the trolley, etc. which was great when you were a kid but now it's just an area I kind of see when I get my fastpass for cartoon spin. I wish there was something else that would be more for the general public with the whole toon theme.

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

• Pathetically Obsessed

We go every year up to Mickey's house to get our official Disneyland pictures, then if Minnie is around, we'll get pictures there (but just our camera), a ride on Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin, a quick once around the Gag Factory for some shopping and we're done.

Hate the no-shade factor. We always get sucked into Toontown in the afternoon for some reason and we just fry.
    "Fire at will, boys!"

"Which one's Will?

• curiouser and curiouser

I've never been a fan of Toontown so i usually skip it.
    When my boyfriend went to Disneyland in Tokyo I told him that Toontown was the one area that he could probably stand to miss, yet for some reason it ended up being his favorite part of the park... Maybe their version is better?

I almost never go to toontown, it need something, a show or another ride maybe?

I also avoid Toontown. Don't have kids, so maybe that's part of the reason

But I don't care for Roger Rabbit, and refuse to wait in line for a ride that lasts 45 seconds (the little coaster).

In fact, the only time I ever go is when I use the train to get to Fantasyland.

• I love this place!

We only get back to Toontown maybe once every 5 or 6 trips. It has 3 things working against it, IMO.

#1 It's so far from anything else
    #2 There's no shade
    #3 Only thing worth doing is Roger Rabbit and (occassionally Mickey's House)

They can't do anything about #1, but #2 should be addressed and #3 could be helped by either adding Mickey's PhilharMagic somewhere or a restaurant themed to the Fab Five.

• Popular Princess

i only go there to ride roger rabbit and shop in the gag factory. after those two things i'm pretty much done. i will walk through mickey's and minnie's houses sometimes, too.
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast