Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Lets just say the only place in california that celebrates BEANS!

My sons birthday I need some advice for Disneyland

Well my sons 14th birthday is coming up, and he said he would like to go to Disneyland for his birthday problem is he wants to go with his best friend only and she is a girl. I'm not sure about letting them too go together. If I did would anyone recommend me giving them a certain amount of money cause we live in northern cali and I don't want him to run out of money and would the Disneyland resort know anything about me leaving them? help!! any other advice is welcome I'm open to whatever.

Should I even let them go alone ???

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Re: My sons birthday I need some advice for Disneyland

Let them go for sure, he is old enough and will only be a teen once in his lifetime. You should probably give him 40-60 bucks for food. Don't worry the Disneyland Resort doesn't care.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 06-08-2007 at 12:44 AM.

• Banned User

Suspended in the timelessness of inner space

They won't be able to do anything, anyway. Don't worry!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by PhaseBlue View Post
    They won't be able to do anything, anyway. Don't worry!

Huh?

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Incase you were woried that they would do anything inappropriate they can't at Disneyland but we don't know your son so can't really judge on that one.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    Incase you were woried that they would do anything inappropriate they can't at Disneyland but we don't know your son so can't really judge on that one.

Well he is a good kid around me its just from what I have seen from some kids now days they have to different personality's EXPAMPLE: They act good in front of there parents. You see them with friends there crazy and I don't want my kid getting into trouble messing with people at the wee hours of the night and them being asked to leave or something. Because my biggest concern is I live in northern calif and I would be 300 miles away

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfan4lyfe View Post
    Well he is a good kid around me its just from what I have seen from some kids now days they have to different personality's EXPAMPLE: They act good in front of there parents. You see them with friends there crazy and I don't want my kid getting into trouble messing with people at the wee hours of the night and them being asked to leave or something. Because my biggest concern is I live in northern calif and I would be 300 miles away
    Yeah, don't worry about it. He wont get in trouble.

• Destroyer of Mallcore

I am sure he will be fine. I am a pretty frisky fellow but I tame it down A LOT at disneyland (yeah, I am one of those couples you probably hate in lines that don't mind showing some affection!) but thats about it , so I wouldn't worry too much unless your son is a sexual deviant and if you're scared about general trouble, I don't think anyone who wants their birthday to be at disneyland will want to get into trouble , especially since it's a trip with a girl, not a bunch of guys. He will be too busy showing off his churro (bad joke, i know)

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

• Quality not quantity

What exactly are you asking here?

Are you planning to send the two of them down from Northern Cali on a Greyhound bus for the weekend?

Are you planning to drive them down, check them in and then come back a few days later?

Are you planning to come down, check in, stay in the room but let them roam the parks alone?

What does HER family think of this concept?

???
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• Proud Monster Mommy!

Quote Originally Posted by Moonliner View Post
    What exactly are you asking here?

Are you planning to send the two of them down from Northern Cali on a Greyhound bus for the weekend?

Are you planning to drive them down, check them in and then come back a few days later?

Are you planning to come down, check in, stay in the room but let them roam the parks alone?

What does HER family think of this concept?

???
    Thanks for asking those questions! I was getting the impression that the OP was letting them come down from No CA by themselves too.
    ~Gina

Mothers of teenagers know why some animals eat their young!

• Minion

I don't want my kid getting into trouble messing with people at the wee hours of the night and them being asked to leave or something. Because my biggest concern is I live in northern calif and I would be 300 miles away
    OK, I am all for kids going to Disneyland with friends, BUT, who is getting them there??? Where are they spending the night? They won't be able to check into a hotel. (You must be 18 to register into a room.)
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Knight that says Nee!!

Not actually knowing the "child in question" myself it is tough to give advice. For me personally, since details are lacking, in this day/age I would not put a 14 year old (or a pair of 14 year olds) on a bus to anywhere on their own. Even if the kids are "mature" and responsible there are just too many things that could happen, buts that's me.

If you are talking about driving them down there and then basically cutting them loose in the resort with a budget and hoppers to the parks while you do your own thing at the resort/parks, that's awesome and I would totally do that. They would have a great time, feel independent, and they would have you to refer to for any problems or emergencies.

• Minion

Because my biggest concern is I live in northern calif and I would be 300 miles away
    Let's just clarify, he cannot go by himself/with girlfriend without adult supervision. Can you drop him at the park for the day? Yes, but he cannot be out alone after 10pm. He must be under adult supervision then. My son thought he was all that at 14. Luckily, the law said "No, you can't", so that was all I had to tell him. If he should be injured at the park (or anywhere) and need medical care, and it was found he was from N. Cal and allowed to travel without adult supervision, his legal guardian could be charged with negligence/neglect. And when he pulls the "Nothing is going to happen" remind him that no one planned for the BTMRR train to kill someone.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

As a fellow teen...i say let him go...but as a parent i wouldnt be 300 miles away, more like, on main street while they're in fantasyland or something. I dont think he would go around acting crazy. Instead, because of you giving him the freedom to go to the park with this lady friend, he would feel good that you trust him and would have a certain amount of responsobility that he feels he should have for letting you trust him. My parents are letting me go on a trip with a couple of the guys...the problem is...we are all 16 or 17 so im trying to plan everything perfectly so nothing goes wrong. Hope that helps from the prospecive of me. haha

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• UnExiled Minion

Well my sons 14th birthday is coming up, and he said he would like to go to Disneyland for his birthday problem is he wants to go with his best friend only and she is a girl. I'm not sure about letting them too go together. If I did would anyone recommend me giving them a certain amount of money cause we live in northern cali and I don't want him to run out of money and would the Disneyland resort know anything about me leaving them? help!! any other advice is welcome I'm open to whatever.

Should I even let them go alone ???
    No.
    Next question.

Tell him that DL will be there in four years, when he can do what he wants with his own money and adult-onset-responsibilities.
    Last edited by sediment; 06-08-2007 at 10:15 AM.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast