Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Tiki Lover

VMK booth...details?

Has anyone visited the Virtual Magic Kingdom booth at Disneyland? What is it...what's it about? Details!

Thanks!
    ST

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

•   
    • Prefect

Blog Entries
    the fantasyland quest was there yesterday, too. i was on a major photo safari, so i just grabbed them & left. going back today to actually finish the quests
    <o>

• Sock Puppet

I noticed in Darkbeer's photos that there is a bar code on the quest packets. Do you have to purchase these quests?

Edit. Nevermind I just saw the pic where he said you can just grab a quest without talking to a CM. This is going to be great!

• Tiki Lover

WOW...great photos and info! Does anyone know if they have this same program/booth at WDW?

• I was deleted.

I heard you can get ears from making your character at these stations too? At least at WDW.. isn't there something similar at DL?

And after looking at Darkbeer's photos I realize they scan your AP/pass. But do you think that is fair to the person who gets to go once a year (if that!) vs. the local APs? Just because a kid can't get their family to go or they can't financially go as often means they can't play the game or get the goodies? Not the best marketing in my opinion on Disney's part. Locals are one thing, but excluding tourists?! Sad.

I did the fantasyland quest on monday nad it was ok, got 6 wrong and what was it 4 or something about the archway has two things but is only supposto have one, but i got a briar stone and a pin!
    Current DL Entertainment Technical Services

Former DCA Attractions CM

• Banned User

wow.. that many wrong.. amazing..

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    But do you think that is fair to the person who gets to go once a year (if that!) vs. the local APs? Just because a kid can't get their family to go or they can't financially go as often means they can't play the game or get the goodies? Not the best marketing in my opinion on Disney's part. Locals are one thing, but excluding tourists?! Sad.
    You can play from home without ever visiting the park, you just don't get some of the goodies you can get from visiting the park and doing quest or creating a character from there.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnie
    You can play from home without ever visiting the park, you just don't get some of the goodies you can get from visiting the park and doing quest or creating a character from there.
    I know you can play at home. I have been playing since beta testing started. It is just an issue of the extras. I know it is a marketing thing to get kids in that certain age group to want to go to the Disney parks to get extras. But what if you live far away from SoCal or the Orlando area? What then. You visit the park for a couple of days but can only get the extras one of the days of your trip. And for most guests your next visit is, when? In the next few years or maybe next year? That is all I am wondering about. Locals can come back a lot easier than those who live in say, Iowa. Do you understand? Couldn't they have it work so that tourists could do the booth once a day for their three day visit and then they won't be back for a while so what does it matter? That is all I'm trying to get at!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

I know you can play at home. I have been playing since beta testing started. It is just an issue of the extras. I know it is a marketing thing to get kids in that certain age group to want to go to the Disney parks to get extras. But what if you live far away from SoCal or the Orlando area? What then. You visit the park for a couple of days but can only get the extras one of the days of your trip. And for most guests your next visit is, when? In the next few years or maybe next year? That is all I am wondering about. Locals can come back a lot easier than those who live in say, Iowa. Do you understand? Couldn't they have it work so that tourists could do the booth once a day for their three day visit and then they won't be back for a while so what does it matter? That is all I'm trying to get at!
    They scan your AP/pass to find out which rewards you've already earned, so as a local, we can't keep going back to earn more things over and over. They gave us a time of 30 days until we could get another bracelet, I'm sure it's similar to the other items as well.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Hooterville, USA

Ah ha! I saw that booth in TL yesterday. Now I know why it was there. Thanks.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Disneyland Freak

I believe it's once per quest every 30 days because we were able to do both the Adventureland and Frontierland quests.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

From what I understand you can do all the quest available when you visit the park, not just one per visit. It's just something special you get for going to the park. It will help to keep the game alive if there are things I can get by only visiting the parks, I'll want to keep playing to try and get those either by going or trading with someone that has.

I did all three quests yesterday. so much fun, and they are very good questions. some were difficult, but we got them all! wohoo! and If you buy gold ears inside the park, you get a code to give your character gold ears in the game.

so when will they have new quests for the other lands?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast