Thread: Honeymoon

Honeymoon

My fiance and I will be going to Disneyland for our honeymoon this October. We will have my step-kids with us...and I was wondering if DL would do anything special for our new family if I let them know in advance before checking in to the DL Hotel?

• Fighter Pilot

Re: Honeymoon

funny, actually we heard WDW does special little things for newly weds and we're doing our honeymoon there this October too haha, but because of that we're goign there instead of DL cause being a AP theres nothing really special there and haven't heard of DL doing anything special

• Dapper Dan-nabe

I went to WDW for my honeymoon and let everyone I could tell know about it. No one did anything huge for us, but we got a lot of little things like preferred seating at the Rose and Crown for IllumiNations, some special Fast Passes, stuff like that. We also got a signed card and balloon from Cinderella in our hotel room. More than anything, everyone was just super nice to us all week. You can see the top hat mouse ears I'm wearing in my avatar- I recommend them if you're looking for special treatment.

let your travel agent, or whoever you're working with know. I know there are a lot of packages for Honeymooners...but if you have your children, i'm not sure what you'd exactly be looking for.
    check this out. Disney has a honeymoon regristry list. your guests can purchase stuff for you to enjoy there. something that might make it extra special. http://honeymoonregistry.disney.go.c...HomePageRender

• Multi-decade CM

For shows, if you go up to a CM ahead of time and let them know your bringing your new wife, sometimes they will do special things for you. Preferred seating, complimentary gifts, etc.

Though it does concern me that you are actually looking for special treatment. Might make me want to baulk if you came up to me. I much prefer giving little niceties like that to people who aren't asking for it.

Lighthope

Pearls of Wisdom - The finest things in life are not things.

--== TIGERS' QUEST - http://www.tigersquest.com
    --== THE DOCTOR WHO AUDIO DRAMAS - http://www.dwad.net

Not looking for special treatment...just wanting to make this event very special for my new family...is that okay with you?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MKfamily View Post
    Not looking for special treatment...just wanting to make this event very special for my new family...is that okay with you?
    OK, since you are looking to make it special, how about the Fantasmic! balcony seating. You reserve it one month in advance. Great seats and desserts. Its $59 per person. And there is the preferred seating for the electrical parade. I believe they do a cheese tray and drinks. I believe it is also $59. You can also get buttons at City Hall to celebrate. Blue Bayou is a great special event. Book a table then when you get there request a waterside table. You can check out the menu at www.dlresortinfo.com and click on the Disneyland menus. Book a Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour. In Oct, there will also be the Halloween Treat. Tickets go on sale Aug 1st. I too had thought you were looking for ways to get CMs to give you special privs. The comment of "I was wondering if DL would do anything special for our new family" made us think that. Hope these ideas help.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Thanks for the info...