Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 52
  1. #16

    • Done waiting!!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    943

    Re: Nemo Sneak Peak Preview Open Today!6-8

    Any idea if this will be happening tomorrow?
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.


    By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

  2. #17

    • Feeling LOVED
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    la la land
    Posts
    1,300

    Re: Nemo Sneak Peak Preview Open Today!6-8

    Just keep in mind that they can close this at anytime. Most soft openings are usually for a limited amout of time.
    HEARTS CLUB !!

  3. #18

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Anaheim, California, United States
    Posts
    668

    Lightbulb Re: Nemo Sneak Peak Preview Open Today!6-8

    Yeah, they can close at anytime... and I bet the line will be much longer if it's still open tonight, since it's Friday and the park normally gets pretty busy with AP'ers "after work" even without Nemo.

    Goodluck to those who go, hope you get a chance to ride- IMO it's a GREAT attraction!
    -Wes

  4. #19

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Azusa, Ca
    Posts
    392

    Re: Nemo Sneak Peak Preview Open Today!6-8

    can anyone do me a favor and check if it will be open on Saturday?

    thx in advance

  5. #20

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    12.5 minutes from Disneyland
    Posts
    14,009
    Blog Entries
    9

    Re: Nemo Sneak Peak Preview Open Today!6-8

    I think the thing that's a bit irritating is that when people have called this week to check on soft openings, they got "There won't be ANY. The ride will open on 6/11" rather than "Maybe. We don't know at this point" which would have been more accurate. If you flat out tell folks that there WON'T be any soft openings, that seems a bit deceptive to me.



    At any rate....I asked myself this morning "Self....What are all of these cm's going to do between now and Monday when the ride opens? What if they were to do soft openings just to see how they could handle the larger crowds?"

    Hmmmmm.......

    So of course, off I went it good hopes that the dream team or some kind cm might tap me on the shoulder and give me a pass.

    But I came around the corner by the Matterhorn, I saw this:





    Shucks. No books, no ipod, no sunscreen, no lap top....no nothin. But if it's open now, I'm definitely getting in line, whether I stare into space for four hours or not!

    So into the line I go. Just to give you perspective, here's a merged shot of the line after I got off:




    As I mentioned above, both of the waterfalls were working as I arrived which made me very happy. The falls add so much to the look of the lagoon, and if they can't fix the leaking problem, it's really going to bum me out in a huge way.




    I think these might be for Monday? Or are they shooting a commerical?





    Make no mistake. A good part of the line is out in the bright sunshine. Bring sunscreen and wear a hat.




    Today was still only in the 70's, but when it heats up this Summer and the heat is bouncing back up off of that pavement, it's gonna get really, really warm. I was hot today, but only until the line moved back under the monorail station. With a breeze it was more than comfortable under the station. I looked at my watch and was SHOCKED to find that I had made it this far in only 40 minutes.



    The other falls were on: Total wait time from the Matterhorn to loading: 53 minutes.



    I ALMOST got on the Voyager, but they're still working on fitting people in. My row filled up before I got on, so I had to step back into another line and wait for the Mariner:




    The subs looked GREAT inside. Quite an improvement from the 1990's.



    My shots and thoughts of the actual ride may be viewed here:

    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...30#post1833930
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 06-08-2007 at 03:44 PM.

  6. #21

    • Feeling LOVED
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    la la land
    Posts
    1,300

    Re: Nemo Sneak Peak Preview Open Today!6-8


    I believe it is for the blue carpet event on Sunday and for Mondays opening.
    HEARTS CLUB !!

  7. #22

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tiki Juice Bar
    Posts
    5,247

    Re: Nemo Sneak Peak Preview Open Today!6-8

    I'm waiting until Tuesday to ride. Wanna be safe about it.

    Have fun you guys!

  8. #23

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,749

    Re: Nemo Sneak Peak Preview Open Today!6-8

    Great pictures so far localdisnyfan I loved the one inside the sub.

  9. #24

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,891

    Re: Nemo Sneak Peak Preview Open Today!6-8

    Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    I think the thing that's a bit irritating is that when people have called this week to check on soft openings, they got "There won't be ANY. The ride will open on 6/11" rather than "Maybe. We don't know at this point" which would have been more accurate. If you flat out tell folks that there WON'T be any soft openings, that seems a bit deceptive to me.

    Because the attraction is not officially open and is subject to shutting down for any and all kinds of reasons and they don't want people coming to the park with the expectation that it will necessarily be working because some cast member told them so.

    If people want to come and chance it, so be it, but they're not about to create a wide expectation to satisfy a minority who are antsy. Nothing personal.

  10. #25

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SoCal, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,837

    Re: Nemo Sneak Peak Preview Open Today!6-8

    Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    I think the thing that's a bit irritating is that when people have called this week to check on soft openings, they got "There won't be ANY. The ride will open on 6/11" rather than "Maybe. We don't know at this point" which would have been more accurate. If you flat out tell folks that there WON'T be any soft openings, that seems a bit deceptive to me.
    "There won't be any" was probably the correct answer at the time. My guess (based on experience) would be that someone decided they were far enough along to go ahead and soft it. A rush overnight order to the sign shop...and bingo! You just lower the chain.

    If I were instructing Cast Members, the correct response would have been "I'm sorry, but that has not been decided yet and will likely be unannounced if it does happen, even to us." I would not tell them to say "maybe" because that carries with it a certain degree of expectation with some people. And there should be absolutely no expectation.

    But overall...until they decided to actually soft open it...even a simple "No" would...at that time...have been a correct answer.

    Now that it has soft opened...any calls asking if it will be soft'd again tomorrow should be pretty much the same: "I'm sorry, but we haven't been told if that has been decided yet, and it would likely be unannounced if it does happen, even to us."



    You know...when you look at that great picture and you think about all the popular aquariums out there that you walk through where you are actually underwater and IN the aquarium...and you look at those smiling faces back there in this photo and that little kid with his head deep in the porthole...you just gotta wonder how such an incredible asset and experience could ever have been considered gone for good.

    Well...there's at least one thing we can be grateful to Pressler for: He apparently didn't insist on the subs being sold for scrap, and the lagoon filled in to become Churroland.


  11. #26

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    12.5 minutes from Disneyland
    Posts
    14,009
    Blog Entries
    9

    Re: Nemo Sneak Peak Preview Open Today!6-8

    Quote Originally Posted by Opus1guy View Post
    "There won't be any" was probably the correct answer at the time. My guess (based on experience) would be that someone decided they were far enough along to go ahead and soft it. A rush overnight order to the sign shop...and bingo! You just lower the chain.

    If I were instructing Cast Members, the correct response would have been "I'm sorry, but that has not been decided yet and will likely be unannounced if it does happen, even to us." I would not tell them to say "maybe" because that carries with it a certain degree of expectation with some people. And there should be absolutely no expectation.

    But overall...until they decided to actually soft open it...even a simple "No" would...at that time...have been a correct answer.

    Now that it has soft opened...any calls asking if it will be soft'd again tomorrow should be pretty much the same: "I'm sorry, but we haven't been told if that has been decided yet, and it would likely be unannounced if it does happen, even to us."


    Mmmmm.....I still think the appropriate response would have been "Probably not, but you never know for sure." That way, you don't head to the park expecting it to be open. If you empatically state that under no circumstances will there be any soft openings before 6/11, then guests who may otherwise have come, i.e. ME, might have stayed home thinking "Well, she SAID there were NO soft openings, so why waste the trip over?" Some people will miss out. To me, "probably not" means probably not. I still think it was stinky of them to make that statement probably knowing that there was a good chance they would do a soft opening.

  12. #27

    • Hug a Billy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree
    Posts
    2,535

    Re: Nemo Sneak Peak Preview Open Today!6-8

    Well, phooey. There is no way I can go today. In the middle of a project. But great pictures. Glad to hear that even though the line looks bad the wait was not that long.

  13. #28

    •   
    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Just around the riverbend
    Posts
    8,057

    Re: Nemo Sneak Peak Preview Open Today!6-8

    Darn it! I knew I should have called in sick today, but I ended up leaving my wallet at work so I HAD to come in! DARN, DARN, DARN!!!!


  14. #29

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Seal Beach, California, United States
    Posts
    2,944

    Re: Nemo Sneak Peak Preview Open Today!6-8

    I think I'll run out and give it a try. Then over to the Cove.
    Mike



  15. #30

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,891

    Re: Nemo Sneak Peak Preview Open Today!6-8

    Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    Mmmmm.....I still think the appropriate response would have been "Probably not, but you never know for sure." That way, you don't head to the park expecting it to be open. If you empatically state that under no circumstances will there be any soft openings before 6/11, then guests who may otherwise have come, i.e. ME, might have stayed home thinking "Well, she SAID there were NO soft openings, so why waste the trip over?" Some people will miss out. To me, "probably not" means probably not. I still think it was stinky of them to make that statement probably knowing that there was a good chance they would do a soft opening.
    I don't think that Disney wants to get in the pattern of giving out ambiguous or conditional information. People will tend to interpret it to their personal preferences and assign different degrees of credibility to it.

    And it's subject to change throughout the day until officially open. They could choose to close the attraction for other reasons than breakdowns.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. YAY! CMs get a sneak peak at the Boardwalk Games!
    By Scurvy Pirate in forum Break Room
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-02-2009, 04:07 PM
  2. A Sneak Peak At Disney's 'Bolt'
    By tjcjr in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-26-2008, 06:01 PM
  3. POTC III -Sneak Peak
    By MellyMouse in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-11-2007, 08:50 PM
  4. Sneak Peak of Nemo on WDW Christmas parade!
    By yoyoflamingo in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-28-2006, 01:18 AM
  5. Sneak Peak of new parade
    By dramaqueen in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 03-31-2005, 11:19 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •