Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Done waiting!!

Re: Nemo Sneak Peak Preview Open Today!6-8

Any idea if this will be happening tomorrow?
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

• Feeling LOVED

Just keep in mind that they can close this at anytime. Most soft openings are usually for a limited amout of time.
    HEARTS CLUB !!

Lightbulb Re: Nemo Sneak Peak Preview Open Today!6-8

Yeah, they can close at anytime... and I bet the line will be much longer if it's still open tonight, since it's Friday and the park normally gets pretty busy with AP'ers "after work" even without Nemo.

Goodluck to those who go, hope you get a chance to ride- IMO it's a GREAT attraction!
    -Wes

can anyone do me a favor and check if it will be open on Saturday?

thx in advance

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

I think the thing that's a bit irritating is that when people have called this week to check on soft openings, they got "There won't be ANY. The ride will open on 6/11" rather than "Maybe. We don't know at this point" which would have been more accurate. If you flat out tell folks that there WON'T be any soft openings, that seems a bit deceptive to me.

At any rate....I asked myself this morning "Self....What are all of these cm's going to do between now and Monday when the ride opens? What if they were to do soft openings just to see how they could handle the larger crowds?"

Hmmmmm.......

So of course, off I went it good hopes that the dream team or some kind cm might tap me on the shoulder and give me a pass.

But I came around the corner by the Matterhorn, I saw this:

Shucks. No books, no ipod, no sunscreen, no lap top....no nothin. But if it's open now, I'm definitely getting in line, whether I stare into space for four hours or not!

So into the line I go. Just to give you perspective, here's a merged shot of the line after I got off:

As I mentioned above, both of the waterfalls were working as I arrived which made me very happy. The falls add so much to the look of the lagoon, and if they can't fix the leaking problem, it's really going to bum me out in a huge way.

I think these might be for Monday? Or are they shooting a commerical?

Make no mistake. A good part of the line is out in the bright sunshine. Bring sunscreen and wear a hat.

Today was still only in the 70's, but when it heats up this Summer and the heat is bouncing back up off of that pavement, it's gonna get really, really warm. I was hot today, but only until the line moved back under the monorail station. With a breeze it was more than comfortable under the station. I looked at my watch and was SHOCKED to find that I had made it this far in only 40 minutes.

The other falls were on: Total wait time from the Matterhorn to loading: 53 minutes.

I ALMOST got on the Voyager, but they're still working on fitting people in. My row filled up before I got on, so I had to step back into another line and wait for the Mariner:

The subs looked GREAT inside. Quite an improvement from the 1990's.

My shots and thoughts of the actual ride may be viewed here:

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...30#post1833930
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 06-08-2007 at 03:44 PM.

• Feeling LOVED

I believe it is for the blue carpet event on Sunday and for Mondays opening.
    HEARTS CLUB !!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I'm waiting until Tuesday to ride. Wanna be safe about it.

Have fun you guys!

• Circle of Ancients

Great pictures so far localdisnyfan I loved the one inside the sub.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    I think the thing that's a bit irritating is that when people have called this week to check on soft openings, they got "There won't be ANY. The ride will open on 6/11" rather than "Maybe. We don't know at this point" which would have been more accurate. If you flat out tell folks that there WON'T be any soft openings, that seems a bit deceptive to me.

Because the attraction is not officially open and is subject to shutting down for any and all kinds of reasons and they don't want people coming to the park with the expectation that it will necessarily be working because some cast member told them so.

If people want to come and chance it, so be it, but they're not about to create a wide expectation to satisfy a minority who are antsy. Nothing personal.

"There won't be any" was probably the correct answer at the time. My guess (based on experience) would be that someone decided they were far enough along to go ahead and soft it. A rush overnight order to the sign shop...and bingo! You just lower the chain.

If I were instructing Cast Members, the correct response would have been "I'm sorry, but that has not been decided yet and will likely be unannounced if it does happen, even to us." I would not tell them to say "maybe" because that carries with it a certain degree of expectation with some people. And there should be absolutely no expectation.

But overall...until they decided to actually soft open it...even a simple "No" would...at that time...have been a correct answer.

Now that it has soft opened...any calls asking if it will be soft'd again tomorrow should be pretty much the same: "I'm sorry, but we haven't been told if that has been decided yet, and it would likely be unannounced if it does happen, even to us."

You know...when you look at that great picture and you think about all the popular aquariums out there that you walk through where you are actually underwater and IN the aquarium...and you look at those smiling faces back there in this photo and that little kid with his head deep in the porthole...you just gotta wonder how such an incredible asset and experience could ever have been considered gone for good.

Well...there's at least one thing we can be grateful to Pressler for: He apparently didn't insist on the subs being sold for scrap, and the lagoon filled in to become Churroland.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Opus1guy View Post
    "There won't be any" was probably the correct answer at the time. My guess (based on experience) would be that someone decided they were far enough along to go ahead and soft it. A rush overnight order to the sign shop...and bingo! You just lower the chain.

If I were instructing Cast Members, the correct response would have been "I'm sorry, but that has not been decided yet and will likely be unannounced if it does happen, even to us." I would not tell them to say "maybe" because that carries with it a certain degree of expectation with some people. And there should be absolutely no expectation.

But overall...until they decided to actually soft open it...even a simple "No" would...at that time...have been a correct answer.

Now that it has soft opened...any calls asking if it will be soft'd again tomorrow should be pretty much the same: "I'm sorry, but we haven't been told if that has been decided yet, and it would likely be unannounced if it does happen, even to us."

Mmmmm.....I still think the appropriate response would have been "Probably not, but you never know for sure." That way, you don't head to the park expecting it to be open. If you empatically state that under no circumstances will there be any soft openings before 6/11, then guests who may otherwise have come, i.e. ME, might have stayed home thinking "Well, she SAID there were NO soft openings, so why waste the trip over?" Some people will miss out. To me, "probably not" means probably not. I still think it was stinky of them to make that statement probably knowing that there was a good chance they would do a soft opening.

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Well, phooey. There is no way I can go today. In the middle of a project. But great pictures. Glad to hear that even though the line looks bad the wait was not that long.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Darn it! I knew I should have called in sick today, but I ended up leaving my wallet at work so I HAD to come in! DARN, DARN, DARN!!!!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

I think I'll run out and give it a try. Then over to the Cove.
    Mike

• Minion

Mmmmm.....I still think the appropriate response would have been "Probably not, but you never know for sure." That way, you don't head to the park expecting it to be open. If you empatically state that under no circumstances will there be any soft openings before 6/11, then guests who may otherwise have come, i.e. ME, might have stayed home thinking "Well, she SAID there were NO soft openings, so why waste the trip over?" Some people will miss out. To me, "probably not" means probably not. I still think it was stinky of them to make that statement probably knowing that there was a good chance they would do a soft opening.
    I don't think that Disney wants to get in the pattern of giving out ambiguous or conditional information. People will tend to interpret it to their personal preferences and assign different degrees of credibility to it.

And it's subject to change throughout the day until officially open. They could choose to close the attraction for other reasons than breakdowns.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast