Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Lowering Expectations

Another 2DieFR Photo Update: Lots of Nemo, New Merch, Small TLC Projects, + MORE!

The "+ MORE!" at the end of the tread title is supposed to get you real excited-like.

Photobucket is being very stubborn so I'm testing DropShots instead. Bear with me as the photos sloooowly upload. (What's up with this connection? )

I have a few photos from June 6th, my Nemo sneak peek day (no spoilers, don't worry), and the rest are all from the 7th. Are you ready?

Get set!

GO!

The back of an informational sign about the Nemo sneak peek at the M&F structure sports the poster art. Very cute.

A similar sign stands at the far left entrances, for the press I assume.

A press sign-in booth stands at the ready. They look nervous.

Just moments before my very first Nemo voyage! Yay!

I felt bad for all the CMs standing at the entrance, explaining to never-ending confused guests that the attraction is not officially open.

And the numbers dwindle down...

A big black stage has been erected on the side of the Matterhorn for the press. I imagine that's why the waterfalls were turned off.

This ducky decided to take a swim underneath what I call the "penny trap" in the line for Big Thunder.

The cover for one of the F! light stands was barricaded; I found out why the following day. The color and design of the barriers are pretty uninspiring compared to the 50th ones. I suppose DreamCloud(R) barriers are out of the question.

I took this shot to show that at 10 there is virtually no wait to catch a raft. The temporary switchbacks lasted only a week or so. Perhaps they will be back however...

Work continues on the Twain...

This little birdie watched me go into the Matterhorn.

My second rendezvous with nemo

RIP VMK booth. At least it was futuristic looking.

I hear there's a futuristic looking Siemens exhibit open in Innoventions now!

The wheels on Space's vehicles are getting really squeaky. Does that bother anyone else?

Wednesday's crowds at noon are sizable yet still manageable. Not the way I imagine this coming Monday will be.

Up next are many more pictures from Thursday. Check back in a bit!

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

Re: Another 2DieFR Photo Update: Lots of Nemo, New Merch, Small TLC Projects, + MORE!

Great Report So Far!!! Lovin It!

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• Knight that says Nee!!

Re: Another 2DieFR Photo Update: Lots of Nemo, New Merch, Small TLC Projects, + MORE!

Great pictures! Thanks

• Banned User

Love it! Thanks for sharing with the class.

• Merry 2014!

Lovin' It! Keep those pics a posting~
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

Nice clear PICS

• Senior Minion

I was sad to see VMK go, but I got all my quests in a week before. I love your report, and the pictures are great.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

More! Give us more!

And the +MORE! really got me fired up! I'm pumped. Give us +MORE!!!!!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Lowering Expectations

Ahahahaha you like that don't you Andy?

My sister accompanied me for Thursday's afternoon visit. But we don't don our ears quite yet because we hold on to loose items that could fall from the tram.

Whoosh! As soon as I heard the sound I whipped around and *snap*!

Look everyone! Nemo balloons!

"It's soo pretty! I want to touch it!" - Dory

Smothered in Nemo goodness.

Dun-dun-DUNN! You knew it was coming. ODV carts invade the path inbetween Nemo line and Tomorrowland Terrace. Check out the varying colored umbrellas.

There is one good thing about the ODV though - I noticed a new FNSV cup! Blurry shot, but you get the idea.

The sub makes it obvious that the cup is DLR-specific, yet in the bottom right you will see the non-specific Disney Parks logo.

Closer...closer...

AP sneak peek crowds at any one time were minimal.

Oh shut up Observatron, nobody cares.

Lights, cameras, action! What are all these spotlights doing on the Peoplemover track?

They don't seem to be pointing at anything!

Here they are again from the Monorail. I was on the wrong side but I leaned, zoomed and timed it carefully.

At the entrance to the Circlevision building there is a rectangular something covered in fabric and the monorail beam hides what appears to be more spotlights. Maybe they're all for the press event?

No waterfalls just now, but there are some bags on the lip of the exit falls.

An overview shot, with the Explorer.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Interesting lights on the Peoplemover track. I wonder what they could be for?

And that popcorn bucket is really cool! Except - why the heck is there a DisneyParks logo?!!?! Disney needs to ditch that logo like they ditched the 2001 DLR logo. It's ugly and there's no point. Clearly that bucket is for Disneyland - I don't see why they'd be using that at Walt Disney World... so why even bother with the generic DisneyParks logo?! Augh.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Thanks for the update and photos. You really took your time to notice a lot of things that would have passed me right by.
    Cheers

• Lowering Expectations

All entrances to the paths winding past Triton's fountain are blocked, as the area is drained and gets cleaned/repaired. I'm sure many angered guests flocked to City Hall demanding Dream Fastpasses.

There was a little DL kitty hiding near this wall, but it ran out of sight before I could get close enough to capture in a photo.

DL kitties need a playground, too!

There's actually not much to see, so just admire the brown rocks everyone loves to hate

And now a few PoD photos, this one of my favorite Disney character.

Mickey and Minnie with their arms outstretched...

..and then they bring it in with a little kissy action going on.

The finale float is just as ornate as the real castle...

...pictured here for your viewing pleasure.

This shot came out very nice in my opinion. There was a branch in a funny angle toward the top of the shot, so I cropped the photo to make it look more like a panorama.

• Lowering Expectations

I'm famous for jinxing attractions. Don't (or, depending on your point of view, do) ride with me because I'm a 101 magnet.

Whee!

Ba-a-a!

Y, yes I M!

Well now you can see what was done with the cover to the F! light stand that I pointed out earlier. A little patchwork job.

Even uglier than it was to begin with.

Now let's head over to Adventureland.

For instant adventure, just add water!

Now we see a playground of a different type - this one for construction crews!

Looking straight up at the towering bamboo.

I've been playing around with the angles of my shots.

That ladder is just begging to be climbed.

You know, a lot of folks exaggerate how long the lines are.

Maybe Indy's popularity has to do with the reverse psychology. People love to not do what they're told.

Yep, that's definitely it.

I count twelve scratches and two spitwads. How about you?

I really didn't mean to use flash right then. Never noticed the snakes alongside Mara's hands.

Nemo merchandise has been seen in World Bazaar before, but now there is more of it including attraction-specific items, and in a more prominent area between two entrances to the shop.

Hi there, Bingo!

• Lowering Expectations

First I noticed the corn growing, and then I noticed the Tomorrowland sign peeking inbetween!

Since the park closed at 9 for Grad Nite, the Main Street vehicles were out until closing, ferrying guests back to the entrance.

Here's our last TLC project - buffing down and repainting this section of TL wall.

Here you can see what's being done. Last time I passed by, the old colors were visible where the metallic blue cracked off, so this is definitely an improvement. Hooray for progress!

This is the newest FNSV T-shirt available in TomorrowLanding. The back, seen here, is the poster art, and the front has the attraction logo in the corner (not the sub-shaped one - the curvey one like the movie title). I liked it enough to purchase one, and they are going fast!

I wish more attraction posters would be made into T-shirts. I'd wear them.

Finding Neon: half on, half off.

One last look for the night.

Then we went for a spin!

Even at night, Peter Pan packs 'em in...

...while just across the way, hardly anyone visits Snow White.

Simply stunning.

Preparations for Grad Nite are underway. Carnation Stage receives this backdrop:

If you're into Grad Nite, this would make a great desktop.

Smile and say "MiceChat!"

Now on my way out I always stop into Disneyana, and lately it's offered pleasant surprises. This time I saw a Disneyland shadowbox on display, left over from the 50th! The display was the last one left, and I decided to buy it as a graduation present!

Until I can mount it in place, it now resides prominently on top of my stereo.

I'm not going to tell you what I had to stand on to get the angle in this picture.

Angle, it's all about the angle!

I hope you enjoyed the photo update. Thanks for viewing!

THE END

• I Love Disneyland!!

I like the last shot of the castle Matt!!
    I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast