Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Banned User

whats better.. keeping the ride as it is.. or removing many of the PC from the ride and adding a JS animatronic on the jail scene...

(and changing a pirates face to match that of a certine by that time former CEO..)

I talked with a guy eating a churro who said there would be a loop.......

Sorry I got a good laugh from figment's post.

I say get rid of the PC stuff. Bring back the girl hiding in the barrel.

I would love to see the dueling AA's from Paris. That is really impressive.
    The Mur

• White and Nerdy

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    (and changing a pirates face to match that of a certine by that time former CEO..)
    You could put Iger's face on the fat wife pleading for his life.

YaaaY!! Finally a post comes that people can get their teeth into.. THANX AL!

um, lets see... I really like the concept mentioned in JHM a while back about the night version where the boat takes a different path (through the storage area) & all of the Pirates become skeletons & jump out at riders etc..

One thing I always wanted to see in Pirates was a more thrilling Finale. The ride is dam amazing but a climb up an empty lift shaft at the end is a bit of a flat way to finish it off, IMO. I don't know how it could be done but another splashdown of sorts at the end would be cool..

hmm Now that's starting to get expensive!

• White and Nerdy

In all honesty, I don't mind a few references to the movie -- mostly because the movie was so good. To me, the movie made the ride more meaningful, and the ride definitely complemented the movie.

If the movie would have sucked, then all bets would be off. But that was a cool movie.

I'm totally against a full blown makeover to make it 'Johnny Depp's Pirates of the Carribean,' but I think it would be cool to update it and throw in a few cool nods to the movie. Like Depp in the jail. Or skeleton hands rising out of the water to grab at you as you go past. Or even being able to look into the water and see the skeleton pirates marching, like they do in the movie.

Just sayin....

• Animatronic

I say fix the roof. It's all moldy looking in the final scene and I swear I got dripped on. Beyond that, I say have the whole final scene burst into real flames as you super speed UP the final ramp shrouded in mist. That should help the final bump of the boats as the ramp wouldn't be the slow part and a splash up could be as fun as a splash down. To make it even more scary, the final misty ramp could be inside the mouth of a Jolly Roger skull and all you'd see is the boat in front of you being sucked at high speeds into the misty mouth of an evil skull.

^ very cool! - A super speedy incline to escape the disaster could be an exciting way to cap it off!! I LIKE IT!

• That's Hawt

that would be pretty cool but what would they do when the ride gets backed up ... like it always does?
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

don't taint it with the movie. keep it the way it is (basically). Spruce it up a little add some updated effects. Maybe larger cannon ball explosions between the ship and the fort. As said before - restore the chase scene and the original ending.

• Bear Country Refugee

Quote Originally Posted by chadb14
    don't taint it with the movie. keep it the way it is (basically). Spruce it up a little add some updated effects. Maybe larger cannon ball explosions between the ship and the fort. As said before - restore the chase scene and the original ending.
    Hear hear! Don't mess with Pirates!

• Puppy Cuddles

On one of the other threads, it was suggested that Jack be in the jail scene, but it would be ever so much subtler if they just had another one of the pirates saying, "That dog is never going to bring you the key," or something like that. I don't know, the stoyr of the ride is just so different from the story of the movie that I would find it hard to put movie characters in without overwhelming it. I agree whole-heartedly that they should test at WDW before they start messing with the original, but it sounds like they're dead set on it being at DL. Hopefully, they'll at least wait on the second movie to see how people like it. I mean wouldn't they feel stupid if they'd started messing around with HM before the movie came out, adding those characters?
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• CM for 4 years!

I think they are just going to refurb a lot of the anamatronics. Trust me, they need it. The middle "Yo Ho" singing guy-- the blonde fatty one next to the guy with the accordion? Yeah, his mouth hasn't worked for months. It's distracting to me.

And yeah.. the auctioneer AA not working is a really issue. LOL
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

Years ago, I recall going on the ride & the Auctioneer fell over just as the boat went by & there he was, on the ground, scrambling around.. HILARIOUS! The ride was shut for repairs by the time we got off. They are pretty on the ball!

I highly doubt they will do anything that will dramatically alter the show - even the night time concept mentioned would add to the show & not take away from the original plot line that could be experienced during the day. Anyway, I always welcome 21st centurey style upgrades to existing attractions if it means a bit of TLC

• I know I'm just a newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas
    Put Eisner in the well and watch the pirates dunk him. I'd chip in for that!
    amen
    Eating greens is a special treat, it grows long ears and great big feet, But it sure is awful stuff to eat

Walt and his crew were pure Geniuses

• I know I'm just a newbie

the DL ride is the best............. but the wdw ride need's a drop hill in the worst way.... I know it can't happen but I can wish can't I
    Eating greens is a special treat, it grows long ears and great big feet, But it sure is awful stuff to eat

Walt and his crew were pure Geniuses

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast