Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

No drop hill at WDW's? Bugga..

• wasting time

I want the pirates to chase the women !

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey_D
    No drop hill at WDW's? Bugga..
    WDW has a drop.. and you get out before the lift... (then the boats go up the lift.... while you go up the speed ramp..)

• I know I'm just a newbie

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    WDW has a drop.. and you get out before the lift... (then the boats go up the lift.... while you go up the speed ramp..)
    yeah but not like DL's it's only a small hill
    Eating greens is a special treat, it grows long ears and great big feet, But it sure is awful stuff to eat

Walt and his crew were pure Geniuses

• Senior Minion

The scene where the mayor is being dunked, needs a refurb badly he used to spit water alot farther!! He doesn't come up to far either out of the well like he used to.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Boozer, User, and Loser

Quote Originally Posted by chadb14
    don't taint it with the movie. keep it the way it is (basically). Spruce it up a little add some updated effects. Maybe larger cannon ball explosions between the ship and the fort. As said before - restore the chase scene and the original ending.
    Refresh my mind, I don't remember the original ending

All POTC needs is a good lengthy refurb. It would be nice to see pirates set back to its pre PC layout (and lets get rid of that anoying spanish guy on the Haunted Mansion while were at it). I guess I'd rather not see anything Walt had a hand in tampered with.

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

although l love orlando bloom and johnny depp, it would be best to keep them away from the ride, it would just be too dumb

• Don't Panic

so how about keeping it the original during the day, and making the alternate/scary/movie version for the night? they would have to make new AA's anyway if they were going to make an alternate version, so why not make it have to do with the cursed pirates and the black pearl and such? (maybe even go down a hill and go "under water" and all around you are the skeletons marching?) it allows them to bring in new special effects and cool new ideas, but keeping the original intact. because i really think if they made a night version, they would almost have to take things from the movies.

but i think they shouldn't do anything too big with the movie stuff until all three movies come out. that way, they could have more things to work with instead of having to possibly shut the ride down again.

• e komo mai

I'd love to see the sword fight from DLP (or was is WDW) in the DL version. That would be sweet. Also, the swinging pirate from DLP somewhere in the ride would be fun. BUT if they add, I hope they don't take anything cool out....

• The one, the only...

I am up for upgrading the fire affects in POC. The fire looks great thirty years ago, but now it looks too fake. I don't think that they could use real fire like Indy does, but how about plasma TV's with fire scenes on them? Or how about projected fire loops on screens that look like real fire. I just think that this special affect needs to be updated.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

241 miles from the Happiest Place on Earth
    As a certified, card carrying member of the International Wenches Guild, I would like to see more Wenches chasing after Pirates and those of us women who are also part of the International Guild of St Errol Royal Privateers, have more plundering by women Privateers
    Namaste

...I'm not old, I'm just older...bonjovi

• Disney worshipper/geek

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by 1stStarIC2nite
    Yea.. keep the movie out!!! The MOVIE is based on the RIDE... the RIDE is not based on the MOVIE. Ugh. I feel they should just add new effects and spruce things up like they did with WDW's IASW. I haven't experienced the DL version, so I can't really think of any improvements but I highly suggest keeping Bloom and Depp out of it.
    GOD BLESS YOU!!!!!!!!!!! I wholeheartedly agree with that!!!! I cannot tell you what this is gonna do to me if they put in an animatronic Depp or Bloom. I love those two as much as another other 19 year old, but that is gonna confuse the stupid ones who don't know that the movie is based on the ride even further. I am not going to sit around yelling at people telling tham the ridfe opened in the late sixties and Orlando Bloom wasn't born until 1977!!!!!!! Do the frickin' math!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOB
    I'm thinking that WDI is going to pass on putting a Jack Sparrow AA in the ride at this moment. It would be smart to wait and see how the sequels do. What I want is for them to get rid of the stuff done during the PC refurb of the mid nineties and go back to original wench chasing and not food chasing. And I would really like to see the original ending come back as well (but that probably won't happen.)

Maybe a few suddle knods to the movie would be cool, like props from the movie, but I don't think it's time to put in full AA based on the movie yet. And if they were to put a movie AA, I don't think it should be one of the heroes but instead Captain Barbosa (or whatever the villains name was), it would be a whole lot more suddle knod than immediately filling the ride with AA's of Jack Sparrow and Will.
    I agree to remove the PC refurb-it's just confusing and not historically accurate (as much as a Disney ride can be). A nod to the movie, like a prop, would be good, I can deal with that.
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Lore
    I say fix the roof. It's all moldy looking in the final scene and I swear I got dripped on. Beyond that, I say have the whole final scene burst into real flames as you super speed UP the final ramp shrouded in mist. That should help the final bump of the boats as the ramp wouldn't be the slow part and a splash up could be as fun as a splash down. To make it even more scary, the final misty ramp could be inside the mouth of a Jolly Roger skull and all you'd see is the boat in front of you being sucked at high speeds into the misty mouth of an evil skull.
    I say you are right on with that.
    I really hope a four month rehab DOES include roof repairs.
    My husband was a roofer years ago, and I seriously worry about collapse.
    It is really bad, certainly another wet winter would be a disaster waiting to happen.

I never thought I would say this but I am not totally opposed to a nod to the movie, I just think subtle, and in the right spot.
    Someone mentioned updated Pyro, I have to disagree. I think the effects are outstanding as they are now, and you get the full "Theater dramatic" effect.
    I don't think it should be changed in that way, just because they have new technology.

• Lurker Extraordinaire

1. Fix the mist. When you enter the battle area, there's not enough. I can remember going in there and the fog being so thick you could barely see.

2. Movie AA's: Bring 'em on! Especially the two blundering pirates in dresses in the rowboat!

3. Curve the track to the right to take the boats closer to the Blue Bayou, then circle to the left and continue the original course (it's add time to the ride, maybe even make room for a few more boats).

Ummm...that's all I got.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast