Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Original Mice-Chatter

#1- was the auctioneer actually fallen over like that?
    #2- will someone FINALLY tell us what the original ending was? I grew up going to DL and I do not recall-

• șoș Tom șoș

*Something I never noticed but saw Saturday- the scene with the skelton pirate sitting on the gold, the gold in his hands now has glowing glittering yellow LEDS which were done in the last rehab but I never noticed. Thanks to Al for helping me find that info on Sunday!

My suggestion for movie based AA's are less based on the main chracter and more the dead pirates- why not replace the majority of Skelton pirates, bathe them in a moonlight look and fill the first few caves with a few more dead pirates, some marching through the water!

• Official Mice Chat person

They need "cracks" in the roof of the caves showing that moonlight is falling in from outside on to the pirates.

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    As questioned above...what was the original ending?

I'd love it if they made the alternate night ride. I think it would be a nice addition and add some new thrills to this ride. After seeing how creepy the mummies in The Mummy's Revenge at Universal is, just imagine how scary and awesome this alternate ride would be?
    The orginal ending was more Pirates shooting at each other. That's it!

How about an alternate ending of a swinging monkey from the move as you go up the lift hill?

As for the Alternative night ride It would take over a year to build something like that and base on the time frame I don't think that we will see it during this rehab.

I also seem to remember heaters where the rafters glow red, adding to the illusion the place was on fire...

• FastPass n00b

Quote Originally Posted by EmilyStrange
    Found an awesome video here : http ://www.disneydreamer.com/POC.htm

(Added a space in URL to prevent hotlinking)
    You know what's really funny about this video? It's how people are cowering as they go by the cannonball scene. The look on their faces as they go by is just one of astonishment and almost fear, as if they've just seen something they've never seen in their lives. As funny as it may seem to us today, it really puts it back into perspective that for its time Pirates was a truly impressive technological feat. It's still very impressive today so I can't even imagine how impressed people were in 1967.

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach
    The orginal ending was more Pirates shooting at each other. That's it!

How about an alternate ending of a swinging monkey from the move as you go up the lift hill?

As for the Alternative night ride It would take over a year to build something like that and base on the time frame I don't think that we will see it during this rehab.

I doubt that they would actually do this during the rehab, but i think it could actually be done since the proposed alternate route could be worked on without having to shut down the attraction. The new scenes that were described by Jims article would take place in the area used for storage. AA's could also be built or retroffited from several attractions that have been shut done during the last few years in Epcot and other WDw attractions.

The question is..... Is there actually enough room in the storage area for show scenes?

If they did decide to have a nighttime version would it be better if they installed a computerized switch track that would send some boats thru the orignal version for families with young childrens and older people that do not enjoy being scared? This is quite possible. They already have two loading areas. Every other boat would go into the nighttime dead pirate scary section. the queues could easily be done so that in the evning hours one of the queues loads one loading area with boats traveling the nightversion and each boat could have a simple device that would activate the track change.
    think Indy on water (each jeep activates diferent effects)

• FULL METAL JACKAL

Personally, I feel like going back to the previous version of the "pirates-chasing-women/food" scene would be kinda pointless -- a step backwards, a retreat, an admission of mistakes...and a difficult-to-defend PR battle that isn't really worth it.

On the other hand, the PC version doesn't do much for me, so I propose replacing that entire scene with one of men and women carousing together -- buccaneers and wenches alike raising their ale steins to us as we float by.

The scenery and buildings would pretty much stay the same, as would the general mood (i.e., jovial decadence), but a new batch of AAs would make the scene its own -- rebuilding from scratch -- rather than coming off like a cheap overlay, jerry-rigged to sit uneasily on top of the remnants of what was there before.

(some AAs could stay -- the fat blonde guy would be perfect, for instance. The fakey-looking "running" ones, though -- I never liked them, even as a kid.)

In addition, it would add some more women to the ride who weren't being completely dominated by men (easy of virtue though they may be).

The other thing I honestly wouldn't mind seeing is a few pirates of African descent. It's true to the movie (and some previous movies, too) and it's certainly historically accurate, so why not?

--K

• Fastpass Hater

Quote Originally Posted by EmilyStrange
    I tried looking up the original ending on google, but all I could find was that "more things used to fall on you". Which I have no idea what it means...
    If you read it on the internet, it must be true!

I think everyone who claims there was a different ending is basing it on that ride-through video from the TV show of the opening. They also added gunshots that actually had things coming out of the guns and ricocheting off things, I don't think that existed either.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345