Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• White and Nerdy

So, what are they going to do the Pirates?

The most recent update says a 4-month makeover is in the works for Pirates of the Carribean. The update was big on generalities, but short on specifics. Anyone have any cool speculation?

I was thinking they replace one of the animatronic pirates for say, a real live Orlando Bloom. I'm not sure you'd see much of a difference.

Any other ideas?

• Official MC Thread Killer

Quote Originally Posted by GoofBall
    Any other ideas?
    Yea.. keep the movie out!!! The MOVIE is based on the RIDE... the RIDE is not based on the MOVIE. Ugh. I feel they should just add new effects and spruce things up like they did with WDW's IASW. I haven't experienced the DL version, so I can't really think of any improvements but I highly suggest keeping Bloom and Depp out of it.
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

• Long live the Fire Lord

fix this dude
    "What single word is the name of a magazine, a cereal, a board game, and a never-ending series of soul-crushing disappointments which slowly leech away your hope and idealism until you are nothing more than a bitter husk of a man?"

• White and Nerdy

That'd be a good place to start.

• Best Buds

What? He's another homage to Pixar. He's saying "There's a snake in my boot!"
    ------------------
    DLR '84, 85, 96, 02, 05, 06x2, 07x2, 08x2, 09, 10, 11; WDW '92, 98, 00, 06, 08, 10; DLP '02; TDR '07

Hey, check out my podcast!
    http://www.comedy4cast.com

• Minion FOREVER!

Well, I've heard/read of a night version as well... (similar to RockIt Mountain)
    along w/ the so-called Movie one.

I agree that it's not good to bring the movie to the ride, but a scarier/edgier night version
    has some possibilities.

BTW. GB, nice avatar. :-)

• White and Nerdy

Quote Originally Posted by nish221
    BTW. GB, nice avatar. :-)

I can't believe she has the hots for me.

• Banned User

I heard they are adding a loop.... he he... (couldn't resist..)

I would figure one new animatronic from the movie... maybe in jail...

upgrade the computers.. make the ride better.. faster.. and Fix The Roof!!!

• Sock Puppet

I'm thinking that WDI is going to pass on putting a Jack Sparrow AA in the ride at this moment. It would be smart to wait and see how the sequels do. What I want is for them to get rid of the stuff done during the PC refurb of the mid nineties and go back to original wench chasing and not food chasing. And I would really like to see the original ending come back as well (but that probably won't happen.)

Maybe a few suddle knods to the movie would be cool, like props from the movie, but I don't think it's time to put in full AA based on the movie yet. And if they were to put a movie AA, I don't think it should be one of the heroes but instead Captain Barbosa (or whatever the villains name was), it would be a whole lot more suddle knod than immediately filling the ride with AA's of Jack Sparrow and Will.

To be honest I can't think of any really big changes to the ride because its already an A+ attraction. Like I said, just get rid of the PC stuff and bring back the original endig and I'd be happy.

• Banned User

remember.. someone said WDI was making an AA of jack for WDW's... it is easy to make multiple orders of the same thing than wait latter... I can see DL putting him in jail.... just adding trying to get the bone.. or standing in the corner... maybe uttering a line.. thats it..

• Prefect

Blog Entries
    i read a rumor about the scary ghost pirate thing for the evenings. that seems like it would take longer than 4 months to do, though.
    <o>

They should put the AAA's from Paris and Tokyo, and just spruce up effects. as for the que i think they should keep the outside part of it but when you see PotC fountain thats when it should go inside and be theme really similar to WDW. what do ya think?

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    remember.. someone said WDI was making an AA of jack for WDW's... it is easy to make multiple orders of the same thing than wait latter... I can see DL putting him in jail.... just adding trying to get the bone.. or standing in the corner... maybe uttering a line.. thats it..
    Then let them test out the guest reaction of the JS AA at the weaker version in WDW. I don't think it's time to put Jack Sparrow in the original just yet. I don't think it would taint the ride, but I just think they need to see how the second movie does and how well the AA at WDW does before they put him in a bonafide classic.

Again, I have nothing against putting lesser characters from the movie in it in AA form.

• Hooterville, USA

Put Eisner in the well and watch the pirates dunk him. I'd chip in for that!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• White and Nerdy

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas
    Put Eisner in the well and watch the pirates dunk him. I'd chip in for that!
    Best. Post. Ever.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast