Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• That's Hawt

I think it would be a good idea for a little taunting! They did it for years with the Haunted Mansion before it opened and by the time it did people wanted it 10x more!

So is it confirmed? Are the subs truly coming back?

Quote Originally Posted by MiceMan
    I think it would be a good idea for a little taunting! They did it for years with the Haunted Mansion before it opened and by the time it did people wanted it 10x more!
    a little would be leaving a sub or two out in the open and putting up the sign again on one of them

that would be like what the Haunted Mansion was

they did not however have a group of actors and effects people out there all day and night running in circles singing grim grinning ghosts or talking about how the ride would be here soon

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    It would be like they were taunting us.
    That is the whole point. It would make us pumped up for the ride when they start to build it. It would be a nice gift if they promised us they would bring the subs in some way or form. It would be a free gift by just bringing the subs out and parking them. Very easy to do too.

• Senior Minion

If nothing is going to happen until the end of the 50th celebration, which extends into 2006, and it takes at least a year to build out, test, and soft open, then I don't see how a Nemo theme makes much sense--the movie will be rather old, by that point. They should have been working on some sort of connection back when the movie was in pre-production, not now after the movie has been out for so long.

• Miranda Lambert and Me!

I say leave SV the way it was when it was origionally opened. I'm a sucker for classic Walt Disney rides!!!!! You just don't see as many as you should still see!!!!!
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyKyle
    I say leave SV the way it was when it was origionally opened. I'm a sucker for classic Walt Disney rides!!!!! You just don't see as many as you should still see!!!!!
    I agree, they need to keep the same theme but make all the technology 21st century worthy.

• Infinitized!

The question is, does Nemo really fit in the land of the future? NO!

On the other hand, if the subs were based on something like that old Seaquest show, something from the future, then yes it would fit in to Tomorrowland. But Nemo? Doesn't really fit. It's like when they brought the Hunchback to Frontierland.

If Nemo is going in, then be prepared for Big Thunder Mountain getting a Lion King overlay. :devil:

*cough* Discoveryland *cough*

*cough* comprised of Nemo, Matterhorn, Autiopa and Aquatopia (in the motorboat cruise) *cough*

*cough* transition between fantasyland and tomorrowland *cough*

• Magical Memories fanzine

The stroller thread gave me an idea: the fantastic sea of strollers attraction! Marvel at the many hundreds of strollers as they ebb back and forth creating high and low tides! Its like a colorful parade of little stroller sail boats! Or even better the amazing stroller dive; see how attached parents are to their strollers and whether they risk a dive into the murky depths of the lagoon for their precious strollers. I smell a reality show here!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa
    The question is, does Nemo really fit in the land of the future? NO!
    If Nemo is going in, then be prepared for Big Thunder Mountain getting a Lion King overlay. :devil:
    Dont give them any ideas.

I have a sub question and I didn't feel like it deserved a whole new thread so I'll throw it in here hoping it gets answered. It's been so long since I rode the subs, and I don't remember if I ever rode them at night, but what happened at night time? Did the ride stay open? Could you see anything? Did they have lights shining all over the place? If so did they comment on all the lights or being able to see under water at night time?

• Old Timer

I remember riding it at night, this was 1966 so I was 9 years old, really spooky, my brothers and sisters were all scared because of the smells and leaking water, babies crying, the ride was like forever long and the most exiting memorable event I ever knew for many many years. As I vaguely remember it was so hard getting into the sub even for us kids and my dad was huge, my mom also, I think they decided to wait for us kids to come out at the end of the ride because I would have remembered if my dad was there.

39 years later...
    No the ride didn't take THAT long to unload But as what Al has just brought to our attention is that the funds for bringing back the subs has been greenlighted!

I have my ideas about how the ride may or rather should evolve....
    No guest will actually board a moving sub at all, instead will be subsimulator cabins like Star Tours. Its an impossible task to make those subs ADA complient, OSHA safe or even easier to load and unload. So here is my crystal ball prediction, we get a Jules Verne version of being on the Nautilus battling a giant squid in a storm, we travel to a secret base and finally escape a climate explosion, the real 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea story using the latest technology used in simulators from everything Disney has used like Indy, Star Tours, Mission Space (hopefully some better effects used currently at TDS)and even possibly usage of technology from Soarin with a little borrowed from Back to the Future at USF. There is I believe enough space in the warehouse area for the main building as I somewhat remember if not there is of course a building or two at TL that can be used similar to how the line is at Indy but the main building is actually outside the berm.

The best part is the lagoon can have a night show with storm effects and a cast battling the squid upon a full size nautilus replica, or a daytime show of them stuck on a reef while angry natives try to board. The show could only be done say once a night weekends only, otherwise a few of the old subs continue to circle the track but empty, just for show.
    Micechat member # 98

TARDIS
    "Time And Relative Dimension In Space."

PLEASE NO NEMO!!!!! He would be totally out of place in tomorrowland. I'm hoping to a new sub ride similar to the original version, but with better special effects and with more of a "wow" factor.
    Hail Matt Ouimet, the savior of Disneyland!

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

I would be happy for the 50th just to see the lagoon clear of thrown in debris and , maybe a little bright blue or emerald green coloring in the water and underwater lights that change colors at nights , maybe words that come and go saying we are imagineering a whole new ride , maybe I went a little too far...Lol.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast