Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Official Mice Chat person

"Where's the new Mummy ride I've seen commercials for?"

Just about 3 months ago I pointed out to my mom how well skulpted the Grizzly River run mountain head was done. She said, "WOW, I never noticed that it was shaped like a grizzly bear!" Then 2 familys walking by overheard and came up to us and said the same thing. "Wow, I would have never noticed that!" "Wow, It really DOES look like a grizzly bear now that you mention it" I rolled my eyes in amazement.

"Mommy, I want to meet Bugs Bunny"

While waiting in line for Star Tours a teenage girl said, "When do we get to the part in line where we come to the big room and curve down the big ramp, and then we get on the rockets?".

While waiting in line for Space Mountain a guy said, "Someone once stood up on Space Mountain and got their head chopped off by the bars above".

While waiting for Fantasmic! to Start. A little girl said,

"Daddy, what is this show about?" The dad Replied "It's about the old west"

I don't remember what year it was, but I was there when Thundermountain, Space Mountain, The haunted mansion, and Splash Mountain were all closed. I was walking up mainstreed and heard a family planning out their day. The dad said, "we will ride Space mountain first, then we can run over and ride splash mountain." Then their little boy said "Can we ride the haunted mansion after that?" I felt really really bad for the family...
    Last edited by Disneylandrocks55; 06-24-2005 at 08:32 PM.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

It really irks me when I hear people call the Haunted Mansion "The Haunted House" .... I mean... really... are they joking? The guidemaps say "Haunted Mansion"... all signage say "Haunted Mansion".... everything refers to it as "Haunted Mansion"...

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• e komo mai

People who refer to 'Fantasmic!' as 'Fantastic' really, really bug me.

• Im Mrs Americain Dream

Oooh.. i likey this thread carry on while i think of dumb coments
    ~I Am Finally Just Me~

My Youtube Video Blog

• Disney worshipper/geek

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandrocks55
    I don't remember what year it was, but I was there when Thundermountain, Space Mountain, The haunted mansion, and Splash Mountain were all closed. I was walking up mainstreed and heard a family planning out their day. The dad said, "we will ride Space mountain first, then we can run over and ride splash mountain." Then their little boy said "Can we ride the haunted mansion after that?" I felt really really bad for the family...
    I wouldn't feel sorry for them, they obviously weren't paying attention. There tend to be announcements about closed rides at the entrance. Besides, on he map, it's been saying for ages "Space Moutain-Relaunch 2005". Why is it there? For the Company's health?!?!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    It really irks me when I hear people call the Haunted Mansion "The Haunted House" .... I mean... really... are they joking? The guidemaps say "Haunted Mansion"... all signage say "Haunted Mansion".... everything refers to it as "Haunted Mansion"...
    Mt soon-to-be roommate also mentioned it LOOKS like a mansion, not a house. Do people think this is some kind of travelling carnival sideshow?

This whole thread explains exactly why I don't like people in general. They assume they know what they're talking about and don't care when they sound like idiots and morons. My Grandmother's been doing this thing lately where she doesn't listen/read an info you give her, but immediately asks questions already answered-it's been driving us all crazy. I didn't realize so much of the world was like this.
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

Woman: Did you know that if they drained the lagoon, the Matterhorn would collapse?

Me: That's actually not true. The lagoon is drained as we speak.

Woman: No it's not.

Me: Yes it is. It's drained so they can add a Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage.

Woman: That's not true! I saw the lagoon today and it was filled!

Also...

-Standing in front of Big Thunder-
    Girl: Did you know they tore down Thunder Mountain because too many people died on it?

Ahh, what would we be without stupid people?

• Minion

One of my favorite comments... We have a dog with us in the park. To ride rides like Screaming, Soaring, and TOT, we swap out the dog (2 ride while one holds the dog, then the others ride...) So when we walk out, it seems like the dog came thru with us. My daughter came off of TOT and got her Dare sticker, which she put on her dog's cape as we walked out. The rest of the day we got all kinds of questions like "How did they seatbelt the dog?" "Did he really ride TOT?" and one mom in line even told her son "If the dog could do it, you can too...."

Oh, then of course the comments about the dog wearing his Mickey ears. "Look at the dog with ears!" ... uh, dont all dogs have ears??
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Official Mice Chat person

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    People who refer to 'Fantasmic!' as 'Fantastic' really, really bug me.
    Yeah, Don't you just totally hate that?

Heh Heh...

*earlier post has been edited from Fantasmic, to "Fantasmic!".

• Kirbyshowcase.com

while on pirates before the first drop I always yell out "I'm so scared, its like a 200 foot drop".
    (insert funny comment here)

• Confuzled Woozle

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandrocks55
    Yeah, Don't you just totally hate that?

Heh Heh...

*earlier post has been edited from Fantasmic, to "Fantasmic!".
    People always say: Auto-topia too. I don't know why that iritates me so much. Can't these people read?
    Did you hear about the three blondes who were driving to Disneyland?
    After being in the car for hours, they saw a sign that said "Disneyland left" so they turned around and went home.

• white and nerdy

Quote Originally Posted by mouseketeer007
    People always say: Auto-topia too. I don't know why that iritates me so much. Can't these people read?

or in MGM Studios, when people say Rock and roll roller coaster

or in DCA when people say Terror Tower...grrrr... or Tower terror....
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

During our last ride on POTC, there were two teenage girls behind us. Their accents indicated they were probably British. One must cut them some slack since it was pretty apparent that this was their very first trip to Disneyland, but their comments were still amusing. As we passed Blue Bayou, one said, "I think that's the Rain Forest Cafe. It's so pretty!" Upon entering the cannon battle room, one girl spotted the captain on the ship and announced, "Captain Jack Sparrow!!! ....wait a minute.... that's not him!" They were also impressed that the jail scene was just like in the movie.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Rainicorn.

The funniest thing I ever heard was during grad nite in 04. We were on PotC and two girls in the back row had a convo as we were in the bayou passing the man on the porch that went down like this :

"Who is that?"
    "Them's my kinsfolk."

*facepalms*
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Traveler to the south

I just like to irritate everyone by calling the Haunted Mansion "The Ghost House" and my BF and I like to call POTC "Pirates" but pronounced like pilates. Peerahtez. It annoys everyone!
    "Remember: when life gives you lemons, just be glad you're not a zebra."
    - Skipper Mike

• FastPass n00b

Quote Originally Posted by mrmainstreet
    Guest points at Matterhorn
    "Where is the fastpass for Magic Moutain?"
    "I'm sorry sir, the Matterhorn there does not have fastpass."
    "So is it broken or what?"
    "No. The Matterhorn does not offer fastpass, but the wait time is not that bad right now."
    "Why doesn't Magic Moutain have a fastpass."
    "Sir, that is the Matterhorn. Magic Mountain is a theme park in Valencia, have a nice day."

As a personal note, whenever I used to come to the park as a kid, my mom was convinced that everything was fake, including every single tree in the park. If people only realized how much of this stuff is actually real and authentic, mainly because it looks better, and it usually cheaper too.

This is absolutely hilarious. The fact that they don't even know it's the Matterhorn even after someone calls it "Matterhorn" in front of them!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast