Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Wasn't Me!

Things You Overhear at Disneyland....

I love hearing stupid comments from people at Disneyland!!

This is one of my favorites.....

I was walking through Downtown Disney and overheard a man explaining to his family that the monorail used to go right up to the Disneyland Hotel. BUT, when they built Downtown Disney, they had to move the hotel back....that's why the monorail doesn't go right up to it anymore.......

Or this one....

Two teenagers were in line in front of us for Big Thunder. One was explaining to the other that he always rides in the last car...because it goes faster then the first car....

What have you overheard?

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries
    Umm, not actually in DL but last night, right after closing, trying to wade through this incredible wall of people in DTD, two girls were walking back through the crowd and I heard one of them say, "He better still be cute when we get back there." I don't know why, but this cracked me up.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by NeverGrow Up
    Two teenagers were in line in front of us for Big Thunder. One was explaining to the other that he always rides in the last car...because it goes faster then the first car....
    In a way, she's right.
    If you are in the back of the train, you take the hills faster than the front car. Often, the front car is slowly going down the hill while the train gets itself over the hill. If you sit in the back, you take the hill faster than the people in the front...

• insufferable know-it-all

NeverGrowUp: um, the back car does go faster than the front car.... in the parts of the attraction one wants to go fast. Of course the entire train goes the same speed at any given point, however, the cars are not at the same point on the track when it does. There is at least one point on Thunder where the front car is almost entirely down the hill before the train releases. This means the front went laboriously slow over the hill, and the back car gets whipped over it.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Social Imagineer

It's also true about moving the Disneyland Hotel "back," in a manner of speaking.

Since they removed the pools and the restaurants and the stores and the low-storey housing sections from the front, they did - in essence - move the hotel back ... though of course no buildings were actually moved (simply demolished). While it would be incorrect to say that, for example, they moved the Sierra Tower back ... it's quite proper (though odd) to say that they moved the Hotel back.

I love to quibble.

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    NeverGrowUp: um, the back car...
    Yeah, what she said. Me not eloquent.

• Former CM

Quote Originally Posted by NeverGrow Up
    Like the others said it is ture. It's the same with Ghost Rider at Knott's. IMO it seems as though it pushes you around more in the seat too since it's moving faster.

• white and nerdy

No shortage of Stupid people

1. People asking Cast Members "How do I get to Disney?"
    2. Two strangers talking in a park. One askes the other, "how many siblings do you have?" the other answers "do I count myself?"
    3. Cast member says to guest with baby, "my what a cute baby!" Guest says, "He's my nephew." Cast member says "is it a boy or a girl?"
    4. loud man in line says, to anyone who will listen, "thousands of people die at Disneyland EVERY day."
    5. Teenage girl says "I live here in Anahiem so this place is more mine than it is yours."
    6. Indiana Jones cast member asks, "How many?" Brazillian fella answers, "How many what?" CM, "How many in your party?" Brazillian, "It's not a party, it's just my family."
    8. big lady says to family, "if you want to pay extra, you can watch the fireworks from the top of the Matterhorn or he Castle, but it's too expensive for me."
    9. lady complains to Merch. Cast Member, "Is there anything here for free?" CM: 'No, not really...... except for the bags." Lady: "I'll take fifteen bags then."
    10. Man whose splash Mountain photo got washed away. "I demand a free ride!" Cast member "Ok, I can't give you a fee ride, but I'll back door you for half of what you paid to get on the ride in the first place." Man says (after thinking for a bit) "how much would that be?" Cast member "uh, nothing. you don't pay to get on the rides." Man says "Great, then I demand a free ride!"
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Social Imagineer

ok, so to give the O.P. a break after we rip 'em to shreds, here's a funny one I overheard in the Park.

I was walking through New Orleans Square with two friends who rarely post here (god I hope not after I tell this story, even though I'm not identifying them) and they were telling me, in conversational tones, that they had become Swingers, and were - ya know - getting it on in swap style with other couples.

A kid of about 9 years old obviously did most of the overhearing in this case, cause as soon as he passed us, he shouted to his companion, "Mom, that lady's a Swinger!!"

Mortification and hilarity ensued.

• e komo mai

"Where's the Haunted House?"

----------------

A guest staring at the Wicked Queen: "Look it's the Wicked Witch of the West."

-----------------

"Let's go on the Pirate Ship Ride!" (Meaning POTC)

• white and nerdy

Ohhh.. this happened at Disney MGM studios though... Lots of people mistake the Chinese theater for "Mulans Castle"
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Hooterville, USA

I signed some guests earlier this week and had 3 guys ask me where that California Adventure was. They were staring at DCA when they asked. I said, "Maybe it's where those big letters that spell out california is." Duh!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Former CM

Things I've heard while working there:

Where's xxx ride? When you are standing right in front of it and they are lookign at it.

Do you sell popcorn? When selling it at a popcorn wagon.

While at HBR. Do you sell hamburgers?

Also at HBR. What drinks do you have here? This is right after they were just told.

How many people are lined up to watch the parade or watch Fantasmic? Like I would be there counting.

Where is xxx ride/land? Which doesn't even exist at DL or WDW, but may at Knott's or MM.

Is this the price for 1 peice or per pound? At the CC Fruit Cart while guest looks at a sign saying the price for a piece of fruit.

Look this resturant will be open again at 10:30 or 11pm toinght. While leaving HBR after closing.

Where's around the corner? At HBR right after telling someone to go around the corner of the building.

• On Autopilot

Hmm... I've heard...

In DisneyLand...

"WHAT'S THAT D@MN BIG HOLE FOR!?" <--- talking about the old mine trail hole in frontier Land.....

In DCA....

Where's the castle?

For Disney World...

Everything's so big!

I've also heard the Mulan Castle thingy.....

Nahtazu? What does that mean in African?

• Drunken Disneyland Master

Stuipd people in the parks

Good times! Good times...

I overheard kids saying: "Ew mommy! Why does that man's water bottle smell like liquor?"

and... "Why does that man stumble around?"

and... "That man's drinking out of his water bottle in Mr. Lincoln and there's no drinking allowed in the autotorium!"

Those kids always say stuff like that. And I don't know why?

Great Moments with Mr. Drinkin'.
    Last edited by Big Drunk Dave @ DL; 06-23-2005 at 12:34 PM. Reason: typos

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast