• Boogers are salty

Disneyland and the Nine Old Men

I was wondering, I know that they were responsible for all of the classic films, but how much work did they do conserning Disneyland. Attractions, shows, characters, lands, concept art and so forth. I know they were his Dream Team when it came to Animation, but what if any work from them went into the park.

• Mousketeer

Re: Disneyland and the Nine Old Men

Marc Davis was heavily involved. Ward Kimball did some consulting on the railroad cars, but I think Marc was the only one that actually worked substancially on the parks.

• Directly directed

Walt Disney's Nine Old Men and the art of Animation by John Canemaker is a fabulous source. It's pricey but I think Amazon sells it for around $40. It's the background story of each of the nine old men and what they did for Walt including what they did for Disneyland. Most of them helped out in some way.

• Minion

And beyond the Nine Old Men (certainly Marc and Ward), several key art talents from Walt's animated features (and live-action features) were heavily involved in Disneyland's design, including Ken Anderson, Ken O'Connor, Mary Blair, Claude Coats, Eyvind Earle, Bill Justice, X Atencio. Emile Kuri, John Hench and others. It would not be as "Walt Disney" a Disneyland wihout them. They had the look and color and design and eye and attitude down.

• Little Green Man

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
    Walt Disney's Nine Old Men and the art of Animation by John Canemaker is a fabulous source. It's pricey but I think Amazon sells it for around $40. It's the background story of each of the nine old men and what they did for Walt including what they did for Disneyland. Most of them helped out in some way.
    Thanks for the tip on the book.

• Knight that says Nee!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
    Great info, thanks.

• Boogers are salty

Great info, thanks