Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

PHOTO UPDATE 6/9: More Subs- previews & media set-up. + TS Mania! and Pirate problems

Yup, another update.

WELCOME TO DISNEYLAND!
    The traveling Sub Mobile has returned to Disneyland for opening week of the Finding Nem Submarine Voyage. It's currently parked out next to the Tower of Terror. Here it is as seen from the Timon Lot's tram stop:

Inside Disneyland, a better look at the new Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage poster in the train station tunnel:

The Disneyland Railroad is up and running once again, but Main Street Station is still covered up, as its refurbishment continues.

Guests wishing to board the Railroad at Main Street Station have to enter the attraction through the exit.

Over at the Castle - can somebody PLEASE clean or replace this banner? It's been like this for over a month now. Disgusting!

OPENING NEMO
    A lot of prep work is going on to get ready for the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage opening day ceremonies. A new stage has been erected in front of the lagoon, right in front of the buoy.

The lighting and camera crews will use this to film from:

These outdoor vending carts over by the Sub queue have a new addition to their set-up: a red popcorn bucket buoy! Pretty cool!

Lots of power cords are running through Tomorrowland for the Sub festivities

All of this is at one of the Sub exits:

Over near the Fairytale Arts facepainting carts by the Matterhorn, this sign is up. I like that it is still in-theme with Finding Nemo, but also matches the Matterhorn/Fantasyland area in design.

This shirt is now available at the Tomorrowlanding shop. It's $20. I couldn't resist picking one up for myself.
    Front (attractoin logo):

Back (attraction poster):

And, there were no official guest previews today, only Cast Member previews... but if you asked nicely and the Cast lines weren't too big, the CMs guarding the queue would let you in We got to ride twice today. Awesome!

WARNING - POSSIBLE SPOILERS!!!
    Here are some on-ride photos. Only shots from the outside portion of the ride-through. So if you haven't ridden yet and want to be completely surprised, then don't look!

POSSIBLE SPOILERS END HERE!

PIRATE PROBLEMS
    Over at Pirate's Lair...

Dead Man's Grotto was closed... I wonder what could have gone wrong or already broke that would make them close the crown jewel of the Tom Sawyer Island additions.

And unlike the buoy in the Submarine Voyage lagoon, this bird poop isn't painted on. The ducks have left their mark over here, and it isn't looking good.

TOY STORY MANIA! CONTRUCTION
    Over at DCA, Midway/Toy Story Mania progress continues...

It's been a while since I've been to this area... the building shape makes me hopeful for a truly victorian and immersive pier theme.

I can't wait for this area to get completed some more!

....Alright. That's it for this update. Thanks for looking

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 6/9: More Subs- previews & media set-up. + TS Mania! and Pirate prob

fantastic photos! thanks for sharing them
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 6/9: More Subs- previews & media set-up. + TS Mania! and Pirate prob

Great update
    - Paul

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Such beautiful, clear underwater shots of Nemo. Fantasic!

I don't know which one would be my favorite. The one looking through the porthole is great. I don't want to repost it here because it's in the spoiler section. I also liked the fireworks shots. And I could go on and on, but you get the idea.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

MG - GREAT shots of Nemo! Thanks for another informative and well photographed update!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Great pictures! Thank you so much for sharing!

• Mickey Mouse Slave

Did you take a lot of pictures of Nemo during the fireworks? because i went to ride Nemo at that time :P LOL!
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

• Circle of Ancients

Great pictures!

For some strange reason, the Psycho music is going through my head now!

• Laughing Last..

A set up, similar to the guns that were in the fort, of live black powder guns should take care of that duck issue!!

Seriously, thanks for all the great pics. It's going to be a while before I can get to check it out, so all the coverage helps fill the void.

The ceiling fans at Main Street Station are thoughtful additions. Does anyone have any pictures?

• Knight that says Nee!!

Excellent pics, thanks.

Hey u have my mom and her friends in the second picture of where the camera and lighting are going to be for the thing on monday.
    Last edited by gamer_christopher; 06-10-2007 at 08:05 AM.

u also have my ear on my stitch hat behind the guy wearing the black jacket the two girls with the minnie ears are my moms friends and the one in green is my mom LOL that was funny thx

• Pilot EdForceOne

I'm still surprised DLR doesn't do more to get rid of the ducks. Maybe it's the close proximity to the rest of town that prevents measures from being effective. They should be more aggressive to prevent nesting, etc on the grounds.

• no flash photography...

was the suspension bridge open? It was closed when we were there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast