Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Golden State of Mind

Best of Disneyland

The Best Disneyland Has to Offer. . . .

What is the reason that Disneyland is the "Happiest place on earth", whats the reason everyone loves it so? Why do thousands flock to Anaheim each year to catch a taste of joy, and amazment? Is it the fact the Walt himself used to stroll down the legendary Main Street USA? What attractions jump out. Do you go just see you're old pal Mickey? Why are there so many Disney AP's Is it the atmosphere, the look, or the feel? To you WHAT MAKES DISNEYLAND...DISNEYLAND????
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Gobble GOBBLE

Re: Best of Disneyland

My theory is this:

Disneyland is America concentrate. I'll be back to explain.
    That was wonderful! Bravo! I loved that! Ah, that was great! Well, it was pretty good. Well, it wasn't bad. Uh, there were parts of it that weren't very good though. It could have been a lot better. I didn't really like it. It was pretty terrible. It was bad. It was awful! It was terrible! Take 'em away! Boo! Boo!

• ~Mambo Italiano~

Its all about the work they put into there scenery and on rides, sure people love amusment here in there for Six Flags but those rides get old quick, people enjoy the rides with scenery to boost the amusment and thats what keeps people coming back for more!

• AKA: Indyiluvu

The theming and attention to Detail. The fact that every time I visit the parks there is something new for me to see or experience. It allways a new adventure when I walk inder the bridges.

• ~Mambo Italiano~

Quote Originally Posted by indyIluvu View Post
    The theming and attention to Detail. The fact that every time I visit the parks there is something new for me to see or experience. It allways a new adventure when I walk inder the bridges.

Exactly!

Also the upkeep and love paid to the attractions and the park in general, but especially the older rides. i.e. jungle cruise piranas, HM Atic, Pirates frefurb (yes I liked it, even jack sparrow), Space mountain refurb, Mark Twain refurb, Splash Mountain upkeep. That is what made me sad when I saw the disrepair at WDW last year. But that's a whole other thread.

• ~Mambo Italiano~

Also the upkeep and love paid to the attractions and the park in general, but especially the older rides. i.e. jungle cruise piranas, HM Atic, Pirates frefurb (yes I liked it, even jack sparrow), Space mountain refurb, Mark Twain refurb, Splash Mountain upkeep. That is what made me sad when I saw the disrepair at WDW last year. But that's a whole other thread.

Wait WDW loast their Splash?

• Pathetically Obsessed

It's immersive escapism into a true 3-D virtual world. The planning, theming, attention to detail, as well as all the visual cues that are designed to make you feel safe and comforted. In a word happy.

But more than the physical space, it's the people that run the park. It's also the people that go to the park. Se all feel just a little bit better, treat each other just a little nicer, and the world is just a bit better place when we're inside Walt's playground. The real reason Al has an audience is that we want to continue to enjoy that experience when we go back to the parks and pass it along to our kids.

Yeah, it's all of that and more.
    "Fire at will, boys!"

"Which one's Will?

• ~Mambo Italiano~

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredByWalt View Post
    It's immersive escapism into a true 3-D virtual world. The planning, theming, attention to detail, as well as all the visual cues that are designed to make you feel safe and comforted. In a word happy.

But more than the physical space, it's the people that run the park. It's also the people that go to the park. Se all feel just a little bit better, treat each other just a little nicer, and the world is just a bit better place when we're inside Walt's playground. The real reason Al has an audience is that we want to continue to enjoy that experience when we go back to the parks and pass it along to our kids.

Yeah, it's all of that and more.

Couldnt of stated it better

Quote Originally Posted by SILVERMOUSE21 View Post
    Wait WDW loast their Splash?
    What I meant was a lot of the attractions at WDW seemed run down and unkept compared to their DL counterparts.

• ~Mambo Italiano~

What I meant was a lot of the attractions at WDW seemed run down and unkept compared to their DL counterparts.

What do you like better DLR OR WDW?

• DL is my anti-drug.

The attention to Detail, the happy atmosphere, the clean park, just everything....you feel like your in a whole different world.

• ~Mambo Italiano~

Quote Originally Posted by bbks18 View Post
    The attention to Detail, the happy atmosphere, the clean park, just everything....you feel like your in a whole different world.

Its like all your troubles disapear when your in Disneyland!

• Producer Extraordinaire

firstly, let me qualify my statement as being made in relation to the condition of adulthood. i believe it's easier for a child to whole-heartedly indulge and enjoy disneyland for reasons that don't necessarily have to extend beyond, "it's mickey's house!"

... or jack's house (snicker snicker)

for me, it's the total immersion in something unlike anything outside of the park's boundaries, the anticipation once you begin to see the park, the excitement of boarding a ride, the gratification of getting off a ride, the ability to let go and be loose in a safe and comforting environment (i think thats why crime, injury and misdeeds within the park are so troublesome, because its an invasion of 'sacred' space, a reminder of the reality the park philosophically seeks to protect and remove us from).

in disneyland and california adventure, you can fly, you can cruise the jungle, see a broadway-quality show, eat gourmet food, experience wine country, go river-rafting, tour a haunted mansion, time-travel, travel through space, live your favorite movies amongst your most beloved characters, it's like taking a hundred vacations, all in different locations, simultaneously. some of these places exist in real life, but some exist only in disneyland - and that may be the biggest draw of all.

you are reunited with a special joy that school, work, bills, taxes and just adulthood in general seem to pull you away from.

• Gobble GOBBLE

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonD View Post
    My theory is this:

Disneyland is America concentrate. I'll be back to explain.

Disneyland is all the good things about America, reduced down and concentrated on 85 acres in California. Maybe a better way to say it is, Disneyland is America idealized. The only place in the world where your dreams come true. Where you can be want ever you want. A place where the streets are washed and buildings are freshly painted. And everybody has a smile.

Behind the facade is a giant capitalistic machine at work, with only one purpose: to make money. And that's just fine, as long as the magic of Disneyland enchants every guest, everytime they enter the Park.
    That was wonderful! Bravo! I loved that! Ah, that was great! Well, it was pretty good. Well, it wasn't bad. Uh, there were parts of it that weren't very good though. It could have been a lot better. I didn't really like it. It was pretty terrible. It was bad. It was awful! It was terrible! Take 'em away! Boo! Boo!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast