Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Haunted Mansion Lover

We rode with Captain Jack!

We had an amazing time this trip to DL! We got there at about 2 pm on Wednesday and stayed through Friday. We won tickets for the Nemo sneak peek which is why we made the trip (like we need a reason). It was an amazing trip so here goes:

Wednesday we rode every E ticket as the lines and crowds were realitively light. All Fantasyland rides except Peter Pan and Alice had no lines. We rode Splash for the first time in a few months as it was closed for refurb our last trip and we also rode Space Mountain. We realized how much we missed the original!!!! We went to Pirates Lair and explored the island and enjoyed it very much. All in all it was a great first day!

Thursday was our day for the Nemo preview and we got to the ticket booth at 8:15. We stood in line for about 15 minutes and then got our preview passes which entitled us to early entry. Went into the park and headed over to Nemo only to find out it was not running! The CM told us they would honor our time slot at any time today so we could either ride rides or stand in line. We went to BLAB and then headed over to Space which was not operating either so we headed to The Matterhorn which was also shut down, oh well! We then went to Fantasyland and rode the rides.

We came back to Nemo and it was still not operating so we went on BTMR. Then we came back to Nemo and it was working!!! YEAH!!! We loved it!! The stairs were steep and the subs are not for people who cannot handle cramped quarters but other than that it was AWESOME!!

We then headed over to DCA to get our thrill fix on Screamin'. We rode Monster's Inc and then headed over to Soarin which had NO LINE! It was like the park was empty! After a quick dinner at White Water Snacks we headed back to DL for some more fun.

We had a CM at Fanstasyland question my husbands GAC and that just ended the night on a sour note. The CM was talking to another guest about us when we exited the ride so we went to City Hall to let them know.

Friday started with Space and then we headed over to Nemo to see if there was a soft opening and there was so we rode again! We liked it even better the 2nd time!! We headed over to Splash and the went on Winnie the Pooh. As we were exiting Pooh we won Dream Fastpasses. We have won Dream Fastpasses the last 3 trips so I guess we can be considered lucky at winning Disneyland things!!!!

Now to the Captain Jack Story:

Later that night we were in the portrait hall of HM and a guy started talking to us. As we rode the ride my husband wondered why a guy that good looking was at Disneyland all by himself so when we got off of the ride he asked him. He said he worked at DL and was just riding ride to avoid traffic. We asked him where he worked and he said the Pirate Stunt show so of cours we asked which character and he started acting like a pirate. My husband said are you "the" pirate and the guy in character says "why yes it is I". He played Captain Jack in the stunt show earlier that day and was riding some rides before going home for the evening. He walked with us over to Splash where we ended up riding together. Of course I have no proof because our photo was "Washed Away" but if you saw this guy you would believe him!!!! He was awesome and a really nice guy not to mention extremely good looking and when he was in character it was AMAZING!!!!

That's all but we had a once in a lifetime thing happen to us and it was very memorable!!

P.S. He said it takes him about 45 minutes to put on the makeup and costume for the show!
    Foolish Mortal

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

Re: We rode with Captain Jack!

Wow, how fun is THAT?! Hopefully, someday I'll be able to ride with a character...and maybe it'll even be a DREAMY one, like yours!
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

• love my friends

that is soo great..sounds like a fantastic time

Friends for life

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

It sounds like your trip ended on a good note! What an extraordinary thing for you to meet the man who plays Capt. Jack. Very cool stuff!

• ...the legend

Blog Entries

What an awesome trip report! Great memories. Lucky you!
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

• Love Dole Whips

Glad you had fun. Sounds like you had a blast.

• Minion

What is GAC?

That's such an awesome story. Talk about an awesome character/normal person to be riding splash mountain with.
    kingdom hearts <3er

• Rat Tat Tat.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedqueeniam View Post
    What is GAC?
    Guest Assistance Card--allows people that need special assistance a means of informing attractions Cast Member on how to best serve the person that needs the card (Ex. no stairs, minimum time waiting possible, front row in theaters, etc).

• ~Mambo Italiano~

Nemo and ride with a character? AWESOME!!!

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

Haha...i probably rode with a character on a ride and never knew it!!!! LUCKY!!!!!

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• ~Mambo Italiano~

Quote Originally Posted by aaronpaulcustoms View Post
    Haha...i probably rode with a character on a ride and never knew it!!!! LUCKY!!!!!

LOL

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

i thought you got to ride with him in costume that would have been an interesting experience espicallly on pirates
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• ~Mambo Italiano~

Quote Originally Posted by thrax View Post
    i thought you got to ride with him in costume that would have been an interesting experience espicallly on pirates

That would be.........AWESOME!!!

• Haunted Mansion Lover

I wish!!

Riding with him out of costume was awesome because no one but us knew who he was. If he was in costume there would be people swarming around him and it would have ruined the expereince a little.
    Foolish Mortal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast