Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1

    • Autobot Weapon Specialist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    6,208

    Toy Story Midway Mania

    Hey I forgot about this ride!!!!!!!!!! Poor lil ride in DCA, Any cool updates the thing has been overshaddowed completely by the subs.

  2. #2

    • Scentsy Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    In the jungle.
    Posts
    5,902
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Toy Story Midway Mania

    Well, take a look through recent Trip Reports. Some MiceChatters have got some great pictures of the construction going on at the attraction site.

    Otherwise, I think Nemo really does deserve the attention at the moment. After all, it's been how long since we've had any activity going on in that poor lagoon? It'll be nice once both attractions are fully up and running. But what will we have to talk about then?!

  3. #3

    • is too darn hot.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    It's all about the LBC, yo!
    Posts
    14,849

    Re: Toy Story Midway Mania

    Quote Originally Posted by MissChristine View Post
    Well, take a look through recent Trip Reports. Some MiceChatters have got some great pictures of the construction going on at the attraction site.

    Otherwise, I think Nemo really does deserve the attention at the moment. After all, it's been how long since we've had any activity going on in that poor lagoon? It'll be nice once both attractions are fully up and running. But what will we have to talk about then?!
    The PeopleMover track and the degradation of theming in Disneyland. Oh, and pirates.

    Back on topic, I think there won't be much to talk about Toy Story (Midway) Mania until they start moving show scenes into the building. I for one am annoyed that they dropped "Midway" from the title. It just fits in to the area. Oy. *grumble*
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

    On Track for Weight Loss!


  4. #4

    • When Will It Return?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Valencia, CA
    Posts
    1,348

    Re: Toy Story Midway Mania

    Didn't Lutz say that DCA's will be Midway Mania and MGM's will be Toy Story Mania?

    -- PMM

    "Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

  5. #5

    • is too darn hot.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    It's all about the LBC, yo!
    Posts
    14,849

    Re: Toy Story Midway Mania

    Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    Didn't Lutz say that DCA's will be Midway Mania and MGM's will be Toy Story Mania?
    That was originally going to be the case, but then they reversed the decision, from what I've heard and read. The Disneyland calendar page says, "California Screamin' is scheduled to open at 1:00 p.m. on Monday through Friday now until fall 2007 due to construction for Toy Story Mania! — a brand new attraction scheduled to open in 2008." Not that the name is only Toy Story Mania.

    EDIT: HOLY CRAP! 900 posts! In two months! I'm pathetic.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

    On Track for Weight Loss!


  6. #6

    • Scentsy Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    In the jungle.
    Posts
    5,902
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Toy Story Midway Mania

    Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    That was originally going to be the case, but then they reversed the decision, from what I've heard and read. The Disneyland calendar page says, "California Screamin' is scheduled to open at 1:00 p.m. on Monday through Friday now until fall 2007 due to construction for Toy Story Mania! a brand new attraction scheduled to open in 2008." Not that the name is only Toy Story Mania.

    EDIT: HOLY CRAP! 900 posts! In two months! I'm pathetic.
    All thanks to the wonder that is MiceCrack. Before you know it, you'll be at 3,000 posts and wondering how the heck you've gotten to that point.

    I'm done talking about Pirates...we've worn out that topic. Peoplemover...let's hope the conversation gets started once actual work happens on the track.

    2008 is going to be here before we know it. I'll be excited when this attraction opens. Hopefully it brings in more guests to DCA and breaths a breath of new life into Paradise Pier. it needs it.

  7. #7

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    La Jolla, CA
    Posts
    456

    Re: Toy Story Midway Mania

    when in '08 are they lookin to open it? ive been hearing both january/early feb. and summer time. it doesnt look to be nearly far enough along for a january opening, but then again, i would assume that with the way this ride is designed, most of the stuff can be built off site and then just shipped in at the last minute
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

  8. #8

    • :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Matterhorn, 5th floor.
    Posts
    1,592

    Re: Toy Story Midway Mania

    But I dont wanna go to dca!!!

  9. #9

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,722

    Re: Toy Story Midway Mania

    Quote Originally Posted by dsnyfnatic View Post
    when in '08 are they lookin to open it? ive been hearing both january/early feb. and summer time. it doesnt look to be nearly far enough along for a january opening, but then again, i would assume that with the way this ride is designed, most of the stuff can be built off site and then just shipped in at the last minute
    Actually that is how a LOT if not most rides are built. And seeing Pirates Lair, I think they can pull off a January opening. Also Toy Story Midway Mania sounds too long, which is why they stuck to simply Toy Story Mania. But I would like simply Midway Mania.

    -Jojo

  10. #10

    • Autobot Weapon Specialist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    6,208

    Re: Toy Story Midway Mania

    Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    Also Toy Story Midway Mania sounds too long.
    Toy Story Midway Mania

    at least its not as long as

    Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage

    or

    Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

    or

    The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

    or

    The Sea's With Nemo and Friends


    I could go ON and ON.

  11. #11

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,722

    Re: Toy Story Midway Mania

    I meant the wrong thing, I meant to say that it doesn't flow, the names listed above do, but TSMM can be a toung twister.

    -Jojo

  12. #12

    • He Gets The Job Done
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Tustin
    Posts
    8,152
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Toy Story Midway Mania

    I haven't forgotten about TSM. I check every night in DarkBeer's album to see if any new additions or anything is going up on the ride.


  13. #13

    • a wind to shake the stars
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    935

    Re: Toy Story Midway Mania

    I can't imagine there will be anything to see for quite some time now, and even then since the ride is entirely indoors we won't be seeing much right up until it's close to opening. We will hopefully have a more detailed view of what the ride will be like, though.

  14. #14

    •   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    37,942

    Re: Toy Story Midway Mania

    Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    Toy Story Midway Mania

    at least its not as long as

    Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage

    or

    Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

    or

    The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

    or

    The Sea's With Nemo and Friends


    I could go ON and ON.

    You forgot Pirates Lair at Tom Sawyer's Island...lol

    Chad

  15. #15

    • is too darn hot.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    It's all about the LBC, yo!
    Posts
    14,849

    Re: Toy Story Midway Mania

    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    You forgot Pirates Lair at Tom Sawyer's Island...lol

    Chad
    Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

    On Track for Weight Loss!


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [News] Toy Story Midway Mania
    By BCC in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-23-2008, 03:22 PM
  2. Toy Story Midway Mania TV Ads
    By Zorro825 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 203
    Last Post: 06-03-2008, 10:08 PM
  3. Toy Story (Midway) Mania
    By Frank_The_Tank in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-02-2008, 12:55 AM
  4. When did it become Toy Story Mania and not Midway Mania
    By BFJen in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-09-2007, 09:42 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •