Thread: Grad Nite Help

• yay Disneyland!

Grad Nite Help

hey everyone! I'm new to this site and I was hoping I could meet some of you guys. Plus I need some tips for grad nite. Like which rides are open and how should I plan my day, you know stuff like that. I'm a little kid at heart and I was thinking of running through the castle and ride the carousel at least once. so any tips for grad nite?

Re: Grad Nite Help

When I went Fantasyland was closed until about 4:30. And even then the Castle was closed off.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Crzy4Dzny View Post
    hey everyone! I'm new to this site and I was hoping I could meet some of you guys. Plus I need some tips for grad nite. Like which rides are open and how should I plan my day, you know stuff like that. I'm a little kid at heart and I was thinking of running through the castle and ride the carousel at least once. so any tips for grad nite?
    Major parts inside the castle are close from before the fireworks until after them. These are not the usual big fireworks but low scale ones run from about 1 AM to 3 AM three times.

Also the pathway between the castle and the Matterhorn are also closed at this time.

You cannot go up the bridge to the castle and into Fantasyland because one of the DJ setups is in front of the castle.

• Popular Princess

the castle will probably be closed off as they usually set up a band in front of it. some but not all of the rides will be open in fantasyland. snow white and alice were closed while i was there (although alice was closed because they were refurbing it). the rides that i remember being open were: jungle cruise, pirates, splash mountain, haunted mansion, carousel, peter pan, pinocchio, tea cups, big thunder, matterhorn, space mountain, and small world. toontown was closed if i remember correctly. the stores on main street will be open. hit them right when you get there as the lines will be really long near the end of the night! also, dance to the bands for a little bit! i didn't and i totally regret not doing so!

welcome to micechat and if you have any other questions, feel free to PM me!
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Grad Nite gets hectic, so just be prepared for a lot of people wanting to celebrate their completion of high school. Also, realize that Disneyland isn't going to be that same nostalgic Disneyland that you've grown up loving. It's going to be morphed into a party/clubbing atmosphere with popular music, banners, blow-up wavey tube things (you'll see what I mean), strobe lights, lazer beams...stuff like that. Granted, they're all going to help you stay awake until they let you make your way back to your bus, it's a totally different Disneyland experience. Like wickeddisneygurl said, get to your favorite rides when you first are let into the park. The lines are going to be quite big.

Most of all, just have fun. Don't get stressed out or bummed out if you don't get to do everything that you wanted to do. Do what you can, take pictures, make friends while you're in line. Congrats on graduating!