Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Pie > Cake

Re: Don't Bother with the park today.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasJefferson View Post
    Why is everybody giving this guy such a hard time?

People like them are the reason why I usually avoid this site. There are soooo many people who instead of giving constructive criticism like to put people down. I guess it makes people feel better about themselves.

I never said don't go I said don't bother. Its a mad house. Go if you want to.
    "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
    - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by aluisi View Post
    I am not some ignoramis. I knew Nemo would be a huge *** line. I didn't expect the park to be so messy with this press event. ToT when it opened yes had the walls. But it was only around the gate area of the ride and didn't have such a impact on DCA

Thats because theres no one is in DCA anyway.
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Mommy of 2 Miracles!

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Because he's picking his nose.

Isn't it funny how an avatar can provoke a feeling of "do I really need to take this person seriously"? hmmm, thought provoking isn't it.

Lets just hope everyone gets it out of their system before Sunday!
    "To ALL who come to this happy place, Welcome" Walt Disney

All means ALL

I didn't think it would be empty at all. I did think how ever that tomorrow land wouldn't be so messed up. Things today would have been fine if it wasn't for the press event and its oh so gigantic walls.

Yea, I expected crazy lines (even 5hr ones) but in my opinion its pretty tacky for Disney to schedule the press event on the same day they advertised to the opening to the public. I imagine a lot of people are feling dissapointed they are second to the press.

The press event shoudl have occurred yesterday. Is this Ed Grier's fault or Jay Rasulo??
    Ryborg

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    The Star tors point about the 30 minute line.... ummm a few weeks ago it was at 45 minutes.... it has a long line often.
    Yup.

I get really annoyed when people say Star Tours never has a line. Just not true.

A lot of that press stuff was up yesterday...of course it would still be up today! This is a HUGE event! Of course they have to accomodate the media...that's how business is.

• Senior Minion

welcome to the world of disney, please keep all hands in feet in the ride vehicle at all times
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Up is Down

People like them are the reason why I usually avoid this site. There are soooo many people who instead of giving constructive criticism like to put people down. I guess it makes people feel better about themselves.

I never said don't go I said don't bother. Its a mad house. Go if you want to.

no one is giving you a hard time at all that I have read.... sorry if you feel that way though
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

• Pie > Cake

Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
    Yea, I expected crazy lines (even 5hr ones) but in my opinion its pretty tacky for Disney to schedule the press event on the same day they advertised to the opening to the public. I imagine a lot of people are feling dissapointed they are second to the press.

The press event shoudl have occurred yesterday. Is this Ed Grier's fault or Jay Rasulo??

I say its Jay's fault. Ed i believe is a new type of animatronic who is programed by Jay
    "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Wow..that sounds like poor planning on Disney's side, all right. Now, with that said, this is why I decided not to go to the press event today, because I figured that it was going to be packed.

That is why I plan to go that ride in a while after the crowds die down.
    Last edited by Rocker; 06-11-2007 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Mispelled

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Agreed, the press event should have been held on a separate day. But the schedule of today's events was made public some time ago, wasn't it? And there's always a certain amount of "buyer beware" when you go on the first day of a ride opening. Or at at there should be.

And I, too, am getting tired of people on this board giving people like the OP here such a hard time just for trying to give other people some helpful information.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Pie > Cake

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    no one is giving you a hard time at all that I have read.... sorry if you feel that way though
    I don't feel that way. But I am also not the only one who noticed the snide comments and people who point out the obvious for no reason but to belittle. But oh well. What can you do.

I stated my opinion take it or leave it.

• Minion

Let's blame it on Pressler.

If he didn't close it they wouldn't have to have a (re)opening.

Besides, he's gone.

I wonder how long its gonna be like this... I always figured we would have to wait til fall to get on Nemo. I did just watch the news... the newlady said that its "hours and hours" of waiting. Oh well, I can wait. I guess this is good bye disneyland see you in September.
    I've stuck my foot in my mouth so many times I don't think I'll ever get rid of the taste.

• Pie > Cake

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Agreed, the press event should have been held on a separate day. But the schedule of today's events was made public some time ago, wasn't it? And there's always a certain amount of "buyer beware" when you go on the first day of a ride opening. Or at at there should be.

And I, too, am getting tired of people on this board giving people like the OP here such a hard time just for trying to give other people some helpful information.

--Barry
    I have been to the park for every new ride opening since as long as i can remember. And never have I encountered the closing of a major section of the park for the press. I am glad that i am not the only one who thinks this public opening was poorly planed. Supposedly they had a press event yesterday as well. Whats the point of two days of press events.

• Minion

I have been to the park for every new ride opening since as long as i can remember. And never have I encountered the closing of a major section of the park for the press. I am glad that i am not the only one who thinks this public opening was poorly planed. Supposedly they had a press event yesterday as well. Whats the point of two days of press events.
    Maximize Free Publicity

You got a problem with that ?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast