Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Don't Bother with the park today.

Quote Originally Posted by aluisi View Post
    I have been to the park for every new ride opening since as long as i can remember. And never have I encountered the closing of a major section of the park for the press. I am glad that i am not the only one who thinks this public opening was poorly planed. Supposedly they had a press event yesterday as well. Whats the point of two days of press events.
    Well, today is the "official opening." So there will be some press there who want to record this historic occasion.
    Yesterday was for some of the press who want to have a story in today's paper about the opening today, along with the standard, "I want to ride it, or I'll give it a poor review," blackmailing process. And yesterday's press likely got plied with alckyhol, part of the blackmailing process as well. Them reporters love their alckyhol.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Pie > Cake

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    Maximize Free Publicity

You got a problem with that ?
    Oh hell if I worked for Disney in marketing I would milk the nemo opening with the press for as long as I could. Its the poor day trippers and vacationers who lose out today. I feel bad for them. Imagine waisting 5 to 6 hours of your day at the park for a 14 min ride because the press need here 4+ hour event.
    "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
    - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

• Up is Down

Quote Originally Posted by Jassy Mharie View Post
    I wonder how long its gonna be like this... I always figured we would have to wait til fall to get on Nemo. I did just watch the news... the newlady said that its "hours and hours" of waiting. Oh well, I can wait. I guess this is good bye disneyland see you in September.

when they did the soft opening on friday the line was only like a hour long and it was open to everyone I think it should be alright and calmed down in a few weeks!
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

• Senior Minion

I have been to the park for every new ride opening since as long as i can remember. And never have I encountered the closing of a major section of the park for the press. I am glad that i am not the only one who thinks this public opening was poorly planed. Supposedly they had a press event yesterday as well. Whats the point of two days of press events.
    They nearly closed down AK while Expedition Everest was opening.
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• ~Mambo Italiano~

So i went to the park this morning when it opened. It was super busy. Half of tomorrow land is closed up with walls for the Nemo press event. There was a line already forming for nemo that was about 5 hours long. the ride didn't open to the public till noon. This in my opinion was extremely bad planning on Disney's part. This press event messed up the entire park. Every ride had huge lines. Star Tours had a 1/2 hour wait. I cant remember every when that ride had such a big line. Space Mt. when down around 9:30 this morning. The starcade was closed to the press event. Its a dang mad house. This is the worst planed press event ever from Disney. There were huge walls up from that ball fountain all around to lagoon side of the Matterhorn. They should have held the press event today and opened the ride tomorrow. I guess it will be quite a while till i ever get to ride nemo. Good luck to you all who went today. Lets see some pics of the madness if you have them.

5 Hours! Are you serial? Did they close the line?

• Rock Star Minion

Oh hell if I worked for Disney in marketing I would milk the nemo opening with the press for as long as I could. Its the poor day trippers and vacationers who lose out today. I feel bad for them. Imagine waisting 5 to 6 hours of your day at the park for a 14 min ride because the press need here 4+ hour event.
    No, I can't imagine that, because I can imagine being on 14 other attractions on a Monday "off-season" instead of waiting in line for 5-6 hours.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Quality not quantity

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    when they did the soft opening on friday the line was only like a hour long and it was open to everyone I think it should be alright and calmed down in a few weeks!
    Could you define "calmed down"?

Given the limited capacity of the ride combined with the fact it's a pretty good attraction (based on early reviews) I could see waits of two hours or more being the norm for years to come.....
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• Pie > Cake

Quote Originally Posted by Master Gracie View Post
    They nearly closed down AK while Expedition Everest was opening.

Wow now your reaching. This isn't the WDW forum. And I don't live in Florida so ya.

Any who, Yes the CM was telling people that its a 5 hour wait and the line was still open and growing. There were a lot of people with there very small children waiting to go on it.
    "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    no one is giving you a hard time at all that I have read.... sorry if you feel that way though
    Gotta agree with you. Very interesting how we all can see/interpret things so differently from one another.
    "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Wow now your reaching. This isn't the WDW forum. And I don't live in Florida so ya.

Now you're giving attitude for someone who gave some good counter observation from Florida.

:::can't stop looking at avatar::::

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

I just got back now, I was in that line for a little more than four hours
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Pie > Cake

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Now you're giving attitude for someone who gave some good counter observation from Florida.

:::can't stop looking at avatar::::

lol should I change my avatar?

• Senior Minion

no keep it, and just giving some input, you may want to pull your finger out of your nose it may be up there a little too high!
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Moonliner View Post
    Could you define "calmed down"?

Given the limited capacity of the ride combined with the fact it's a pretty good attraction (based on early reviews) I could see waits of two hours or more being the norm for years to come.....

Heck...it's not uncommon for Indy and Splash to reach 120 min waits on really busy days.

• ~Mambo Italiano~

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Heck...it's not uncommon for Indy and Splash to reach 120 min waits on really busy days.

True, those are two of the most popular attractions in the park, its days like these that those two attractions will sky rocket with people!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast