Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Old Timer

Re: Don't Bother with the park today.

Quote Originally Posted by Opus1guy View Post
    They closed down all of Adventureland for the opening of Indy.

And the line at one time went all the way through Frontierland, closing that off and continued down Main Street. We waited almost five hours. I went to the bathroom and it took me 45 minutes to find my party again.

• The Tomorrowland One

Quote Originally Posted by aluisi View Post
    I didn't expect the park to be so messy with this press event. ToT when it opened yes had the walls. But it was only around the gate area of the ride and didn't have such a impact on DCA as a whole that this Nemo press event had on Disneyland this morning. This is my point. Poor planing. The press event area was a ghost land. The only people I saw in there were cast members. There was no point on have as much of tomorrow land closed as they did.
    Please look at the locations of said two attractions. One in back in the corner of one land at DCA, the other is in the middle of 2 lands in Disneyland, which was trying to keep the rest of the park open like normal. I could see this as bad if Nemo was located about where, say, Autopia is, but it is not. ToT was easy to close off as all that a normal guest would miss is the ride it self and maybe Aladdin if they had the Hyperion block off as well.

Besides, what did you miss? Matterhorn? Autopia? Innoventions?

So, lets see you better plan how to close off an area between 2 lands, that is also the line for one attraction and keep all the press happy and not have people trying to get into the event as well. Not really feasible, is it? The way Disney did it was, IMO, the best way to get privacy with out shutting down the ENTIRE side of the park. Sure, City Hall is probably having a fun day with people complaining about so much being closed and the huge line, but it was better than what it could have been.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95 View Post
    I agree. Yesterday while sitting near the Matterhorn, near the entrance for the Nemo event, there were so many families trying to head towards the subs and being denied access. They have all these decorations up and the blue carpet and the average guests probably assumes it's a public party for everyone to enjoy. It's not untill you try to get near that the "bouncers" for this exclusive "party" stop you and tell you that this section of the park is for special people. What does that tell a paying guest? They aren't "special" enough to attend the event? What do you tell your kids when they see other families going on the submaries and they ask why they can't ride? "Sorry Timmy. We aren't special enough to go on the submarines today. Maybe next year."

Then to add to the fun they drive the Disneyland Railroad real slow so we can see all the fun and excitement of the party that WE ARE FORBIDDEN TO ATTEND.

Personaly I think they should have these exclusive parties and events afterhours when the park is closed, like what they do with the Pirates premiers. They have the party when no regular paying guests are around to wonder why they can't go and you don't have to have the Disney bouncers at the ropes keeping people away.
    Well, there are guests, and then there are GUESTS.

Didn't you get the memo ?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by 10-97 View Post
    I wonder what it was like today at DCA.

Your post frightened me for a few seconds because I had a weird vision of the Subs returning... but it opened at DCA instead of Disneyland!

Sound familiar?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Tourist

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Your post frightened me for a few seconds because I had a weird vision of the Subs returning... but it opened at DCA instead of Disneyland!

Sound familiar?
    Whenever I'm at DCA and I hear familiar music signaling the start of the Electrical Parade, I get this weird feeling that something isn't right...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345