View Poll Results: OLD vs. NEW

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Submarine Voyage

7 53.85%
  • Finding Nemo

6 46.15%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Old Submarine Voyage or Finding Nemo?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Necrosis View Post
    I had the fortune to ride the Nemo version on Friday during the soft-opening (thanks so much for the tip, guys) and I have to say that I like the old version better.

Firstly, the old version had a larger scale, size and scope. There was dramatic, subtle lighting and animatrons. Now all the walls are close up to the windows, the size and scope is gone completely, and it seems that half of the effects aren't working properly. There were an inordinate amount of areas where I was staring at just plain black (which I know is sometimes intentional) and I never, not once, saw the character of Marlin in the ride.

Secondly, not everyone is seeing the same show, which isn't bad in principle, but I was four seats from the rear and barely saw anything at all. I heard most of the show and then those of us in the back half caught a brief fleeting glimpse of residual, meaningless action. Again, when the size and scope was larger, everyone saw the same show, and the size and breadth of it was impressive.

Lastly, the underwater projections are a severe letdown. They're conspicuously two-dimensional, not as opaque as they should be, and drag the show down.

Naturally, if this revamp was the necessary alteration in order for it to be financially feasible or worthwhile for them to fix and reopen the attraction, I'm grateful for it. There was no way the Submarine Voyage could have continued to run to this day the way it was before. It's better off running the way it is rather than being an embarrassing spread of dead space.

But I still like the old version better. There you have it.
    Extremely well-put.

• Golden State of Mind

Re: Old Submarine Voyage or Finding Nemo?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Necrosis View Post
    I had the fortune to ride the Nemo version on Friday during the soft-opening (thanks so much for the tip, guys) and I have to say that I like the old version better.

Firstly, the old version had a larger scale, size and scope. There was dramatic, subtle lighting and animatrons. Now all the walls are close up to the windows, the size and scope is gone completely, and it seems that half of the effects aren't working properly. There were an inordinate amount of areas where I was staring at just plain black (which I know is sometimes intentional) and I never, not once, saw the character of Marlin in the ride.

Secondly, not everyone is seeing the same show, which isn't bad in principle, but I was four seats from the rear and barely saw anything at all. I heard most of the show and then those of us in the back half caught a brief fleeting glimpse of residual, meaningless action. Again, when the size and scope was larger, everyone saw the same show, and the size and breadth of it was impressive.

Lastly, the underwater projections are a severe letdown. They're conspicuously two-dimensional, not as opaque as they should be, and drag the show down.

Naturally, if this revamp was the necessary alteration in order for it to be financially feasible or worthwhile for them to fix and reopen the attraction, I'm grateful for it. There was no way the Submarine Voyage could have continued to run to this day the way it was before. It's better off running the way it is rather than being an embarrassing spread of dead space.

But I still like the old version better. There you have it.

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12