Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Subs Return: Why Don't You Pat Yourself On The Back?

Really.

Reach back there (No! Not there! There.) and give yourself a nice pat on the back.

Well Done!

Congratulations!

Couldn't have done it without you!

Because without the tremendous fan support over the past 9 years for bringing back Submarine Voyage in one form or another...I really don't think we'd be witnessing a day like today at Disneyland.

Of course we can thank all the Imagineers and management that supported and approved Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage. But I really think this is one where none of them would have gotten off first base without the backing and egging-on of thousands of baby-boomers, newer Disney fans, and members of Disney internet bulletin boards everywhere posting and writing to Disney...pushing, prodding, jabbing, and cajoling...that they bring back the subs to the lagoon.

So seal that hatch and take her down! You deserve it! You're a great big part of Disneyland history today, whether you realize it or not.

IMHO.

• Man O Lantern

Re: Subs Return: Why Don't You Pat Yourself On The Back?

Yes, congratulations! Good job you! You were working hard instead of hardly working! You were thinking outside the box! When the going got tough, you got going!!

But please don't start another thread with the word "Nemo" in the title. Thank you!

• Inhospitable about happy

"But now, with new advances in Internet technology, we can actually hear the fans talk."

• Rock Star Minion

Meh. I'm patting Cast Member (in Perpetuity) Matt's back. He's the one who realized that having the Subs in the lagoon and moving is an important part of a guest's day in DL. It's not about how much it costs to run them, or what the capacity is, or how much profit the gift shop will turn. It's part of a guest's total experience, whether he/she rides it or not.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Boogers are salty

Now we can focus our energy on the peoplemover, all together now,[smilie=4,14,24] FOCUS

• Boogers are salty

Actually you can all thank me, I used the Jedi mind trick on Ed

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by 1disneynut2another View Post
    Actually you can all thank me, I used the Jedi mind trick on Ed
    "What you think you're some sort of Jedi waving your hand like that? That doesn't work on Toydarian. Only money."
    Ed played Watto in the movie. Ed is a CGI, not an AA as others claim.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Meh. I'm patting Cast Member (in Perpetuity) Matt's back. He's the one who realized that having the Subs in the lagoon and moving is an important part of a guest's day in DL. It's not about how much it costs to run them, or what the capacity is, or how much profit the gift shop will turn. It's part of a guest's total experience, whether he/she rides it or not.
    It may be "Meh" to you, but that's not the point of this thread.

The point of this thread is that neither Matt, nor Tony, nor Marty, nor anyone...would have had a chance at bringing back the subs if it had not been for the tremendous popular support of seeing the subs come back...that was expressed by its legions of fans, and even those Guests who had never experienced it before...but thought enough of it from what they had read and seen...to want to see it come back. And express those feelings and desires in postings and letters.

My whole point is that there are plenty of accolades in other threads and in the Press for those that get a paycheck from Disney, that pushed and helped design this reborn attraction. Hats off to them.

But in this particular case (and in this thread)...the fans of the old Submarine Voyage...played a very important role in this show that we don't get to see very often.

So congrats to them too.

• Rock Star Minion

Pish-posh. Six years of whining about it did nothing. CM Matt comes in and voila!
    All hail, CM Matt!!

• Minion

...From the Lagoon of Liquidspaceman

Well, it is great to have the subs back in action! I can finally continue my voyage in liquidspace. During my short stay at Micechat I haven't seen anything about the fuel on the subs. Does anybody know if they are still powered by diesel and does the smell of fumes hang in the air like it use to? To this day, if I smell diesel in the air I think I'm at Disneyland.
    ...Liquidspaceman, over and out
    -Silent Sentinel of the Deep-

We've enjoyed having you aboard on this
    adventerous voyage through Liquidspace...
    our last frontier on the planet Earth.

• U. B. Bold

Today the Subs, tomorrow...

People-Freeking-Mover!!!

Sorry, got a little excited there.

Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

• The Happiest Cynic

I hear they opened some kind of new Submarine ride at Disneyland can someone tell me what's going on with that?!

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidspaceman View Post
    ...From the Lagoon of Liquidspaceman

Well, it is great to have the subs back in action! I can finally continue my voyage in liquidspace. During my short stay at Micechat I haven't seen anything about the fuel on the subs. Does anybody know if they are still powered by diesel and does the smell of fumes hang in the air like it use to? To this day, if I smell diesel in the air I think I'm at Disneyland.

...Liquidspaceman, over and out

Electric.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSwami View Post
    I hear they opened some kind of new Submarine ride at Disneyland can someone tell me what's going on with that?!
    You can't believe every rumor you read on these internets boards. That rumor has been flying around for two years.

• Minion

...From the Lagoon of Liquidspaceman...

Before anyone answers that, do we need to start at the beginning? Do you know what Disneyland is???? Have you heard of Mortimer???
    ..Liquidspaceman, over and out.
    -Silent Sentinel of the Deep-

We've enjoyed having you aboard on this
    adventerous voyage through Liquidspace...
    our last frontier on the planet Earth.

• Silent Lucidity

Well, back in the 60's this rock band from across the pond, they were from "Iceland" I believe... Anyway, this band, they were named after an insect, they called themselves "the Weavels" I believe... Anyway, they had this record that had this song about a Submarine, and they all lived in that submarine, it was blue in color, I think it was blue, maybe it was orange, no it was definitely blue, yea, they all lived in their blue submarine... Anyway, to make a long story short, the new sub ride at DL is all about that song, you know the one from the 60's I was talking about...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast