Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Update 6/11: Nemo insanity, Mark Twain Almost Ready, Treehouse Not, And CRRROWDS!!

(PART I: In which LDF is SURE that "Private" can't mean "Private.")

So I set off this morning absolutely positive that I would come home with a ton of shots of the Nemo opening, even if it was from far, far away. Nevermind the fact that the website said it would be a private ceremony. Nevermind that they handed me one of THESE as I parked this morning:

I was SURE that the SEATS would be by invitation only, but I mean....how would they keep a thing like that really private? I smiled quietly to myself.

My heart lept as I came up to the security check point. Hardly any crowds! Whoo hoo!

Maybe it won't be crowded today after all.

After I entered the park around 9 am, I made a beeline for the path behind the Matterhorn and I was expecting this to be where the platform would be set up. But when I got there...

What the...

Undeterred, I thought I would make an end run around the Matterhorn and get a view from near the lagoon. On the way, I thought it was strange that the Matterhorn line was already ginormous...

And then I found out why:

The left side of the Matterhorn was shut down, and the passage way was completely blocked off. This did not look good.

That did it. I would just have to back track to Tomorrowland and see what could be seen from the Tomorrowland Terrace.

But when I entered Tomorrowland...

That entire SIDE of the park was blocked off! Man! When these people say private party, they MEAN PRIVATE! The Autopia was shut down, as was the Monorail and even Innoventions!

No big deal. I'll just hop up to the Space Mountain walkway and grab a few shots from there.

So it's not the best view.

I KNOW!! My last resort is to go back to the Matterhorn and grab some shots from the ride. The right side of the line was still open. HA! This HAS to work!

But as soon as I ran back...

They shut down the entire ride.

Maybe I'll see something from the train!

Hmmm....

They're not stopping in Tomorrowland. Now THERE'S a surprise.

Finally giving up on my dream of seeing the ceremony from far, far away, I decided to get a look at the line at this point. At 9 am it began in the old boat dock:

And wound it's way down towards IASW:

I guessed it was already about 2 hours long, and this is probably 3 hours before opening. Definitely was not looking good.

The hippest thing of the day for me was the Submarized Monorail:

One of the monorail CM's said the Nemo Sub outfit would stay on Monorail Red throughout the rest of the day and maybe longer. It was supposed to function as a normal monorail according to her, but it still wasn't running when I left. Purple was up, but not Red/Nemo.

(More to come)
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 06-11-2007 at 06:56 PM.

• Shablagoo!

Re: Update 6/11: Nemo insanity, Mark Twain Almost Ready, Treehouse Not, And CRRROWDS!

Oooo, that nemo Monorail is neat looking.

• Minion

Re: Update 6/11: Nemo insanity, Mark Twain Almost Ready, Treehouse Not, And CRRROWDS!

Those new orange banners look good on the Carousel building!

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Wow. A dead-end at almost corner..all for a ride.

I like that Submarine-styled Monorail. When did they start running that?

• Playtester

I like the sub monorail! That's cool!
    It's Just me, Jenn.
    "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." ~Walt Disney

• Koubu Pilot

It's funny. Monochrome Monorail shows just how pointy the nose is (which isn't as noticable on the normal monorail) and you can see the raised bump running along the side (which is where the stripe of color is placed).

• Senior Minion

The sub Monorail looks so cool, but when I was leaving around 9am I didn't get to see it. Great report so far ... sorry you were denied pretty much everywhere. On Saturday there was even more areas roped off - hard to believe but they cut it down quite a bit around the Matterhorn/Ariel picture op area.

• Knight that says Nee!!

Keep the pics coming...thanks!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Ok I was going to pick on your spelling since I know how you love to do that to me....crowed????

But then I saw the pic of the monorail. Oh my freaking..... that is just so totally COOL!!!!!! Man I wish they would leave that running all summer! I so want to see that and ride on the Submorail ride!!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Wow! Amazing photos! The Suborail is pretty dang cool! They should totally have that as part of the Sub promotion during the rest of the summer!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Defying gravity

Cute TR...thanks. Wow, a lot of Disneyland sure was closed off today.

This must have been de ja vue for you...I remember your post when you tried valiantly to get on Splash Mountain when it reopened and you ran into similar problems with POTC AWE setup foiling you at every turn. Thanks for not giving up on your quests. Your pix are always GREAT and keep us right there with the action and anticipation when we can only be there through the TRs.
    Cheers.

• Premium Youngling and

The Monorail is freakin sweet!!!!

• Senior Minion

The Monorail looks terrific! Thanks LDF.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

that is so cool.....now only if thay had an opening ceremony that was public.....that would have been awesome...but yea.....that was not gonna happen...lol

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast