Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

MINI UPDATE 6/11: Meeting Tony Baxter! + Maps, Outdoor vending, Mark Twain, +MORE

A few photos from Disneyland this afternoon as the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage officially opens to all park guests.

The highlight of my day was meeting Tony Baxter as he was leaving the Submarine Voyage on his way out of the park for the day. He seemed as happy as a kid in a candy store, and as proud as a parent showing off their newborn baby. It must be a very exciting day for him, indeed. Congrats to him and all of the Imagineers who worked on the project - the attraction is undoubtedly a winner in every regard!

He was very nice and gracious, signing my park map and making sure he found his special metallic silver marker that would look just right on the dark blues of the park map cover. peoplemover1 asked if he was happy with everything on the ride and he said he was quite pleased with the attraction. He also said that he was amazed at how many people had come out to see the new Subs - he couldn't believe how many people were in line.

Subs can now be seen in the Tomorrowland Lagoon on park maps - a sight for sore eyes!

Anyway, CMs are handing out these VMK Quests for the new attraction to guests in the queue:

Lines were pretty long (but when I was there they hadn't quite hit Small World Mall yet - but they line was quickly growing out of the Fantasia Gardens area:

Outdoor vending has some nice Nemo snacks available at various points through the queue:

Water and the goldfish crackers in the "East Australian Crunch"

"Frozen" Minuite Maid apple juice is available in special collectors' Finding Nemo cups:

A new FNSV merchandise cart has set up shop in front of Innoventions where the VMK booth used to be. It features a lot of stuff that you can get at the Tomorrowlanding gift shop across the way

The Starcade is still being used for the Media Center today...

Elsewhere in the park...

The old Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland doesn't have the little trees in front of the cave anymore...

And over at Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island, the new "Lafitte's Tavern" sign got painted over and is just green now...

And the Mark Twain is out from under its tarps and its gleaming white. It looks really nice!

And lastly, they were filming something for the Disney Dream Job winners out on the lawn of the Haunted Mansion:

...Alright. That's it! See you at the Subs

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Banned User

Suspended in the timelessness of inner space

Re: MINI UPDATE 6/11: Meeting Tony Baxter! + Maps, Outdoor vending, Mark Twain, +MOR

Subs can now be seen in the Tomorrowland Lagoon on park maps - a sight for sore eyes!

Yes, that's when it really sunk in, you can see the subs on the park map again! However, it looks like they were a little lazy and didn't update the waterfalls.

• Senior Minion

Re: MINI UPDATE 6/11: Meeting Tony Baxter! + Maps, Outdoor vending, Mark Twain, +MOR

Very nice report ... and you got Tony to sign your map! So cool!!!

I'm wondering though, are you able to get anything from the Nemo Quest? Is there a code on that thing ...

• Popular Princess

wonderful report! thanx for sharing!
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by PhaseBlue View Post

Yes, that's when it really sunk in, you can see the subs on the park map again! However, it looks like they were a little lazy and didn't update the waterfalls.
    They probably wouldn't have had enough room for two Subs in the lagoon on the map if they had added the extended cavern. So I'll take two subs on the map over the waterfall update anyday

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    Very nice report ... and you got Tony to sign your map! So cool!!!

I'm wondering though, are you able to get anything from the Nemo Quest? Is there a code on that thing ...
    There isn't a code that I can see on the Quest. It looks like its just something to keep people entertained for a couple minutes while waiting in line... seems like they just slapped on the VMK logo to advertise the online game.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Loved the TRIP REPORT. Awesome, visually the best so far.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

Thanks for the pic update. That's awesome to see Ricky Brigante in the last pic. If you don't already know, he's the host of the Inside The Magic podcast and won his dream job of being a Haunted Mansion butler.

I really like the park maps, hopefully those will still be the same in a few weeks when I'm there.

• For You!

Great pictures - thanks for scanning the maps! I hope you had a fun day. Thanks for sharing!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• All you need is LOVE

Thanks for sharing

• I Love Disneyland!!

Most amazing 2 hours of my life!! Best day ever!!!
    Running into Tony Baxter just made my day. Getting his autograph on opening day .... Priceless!!

Great pictures MasterGracey... Keep 'em coming!

I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

• Don't mess with the duck!

Anudder awesome report!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Awesome souvenir, Gracey! That's radical. Now make sure you take good care of that map. Don't let it get all folded up like the others! (i have that problem most of the time but i try to get at least a few in mint condition)

Thanks for the close up! And yuck, that Autopia eye-sore looks even worse now!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Great report. I'm glad you got to say hi to Tony and get his autograph. Way to go!

Beyond that, the motorboat cruise area next to the subs appears to have water in it. We all know that that was all filled in with dirt and we're only left with Fantasia Gardens. Everything past the Autopia bridge is dry.

• It's a dead man's party!

Cool report! Thanks! Can't wait to get my new park map tomorrow and, hopefully, ride the subs.
    Ghost Mickey Popcorn Bucket Mission? 10/14/10 SUCCESS! FINALLY!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast