View Poll Results: Disney Park With the Best Dark Rides

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • DL ~ H. Mansion, Peter Pan, Roger Rabbit, Buzz, Alice, Pooh, Snow White, Pinocchio, Mr. Toad.

44 74.58%
  • Magic Kingdom ~ Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan, Buzz, Pooh, Small World, Snow White, COP.

5 8.47%
  • Tokyo DL ~ Pirates, Pinocchio, Alice, Peter Pan, H. Mansion, Small World, Pooh, Roger Rabbit, Buzz

2 3.39%
  • Disneyland Paris ~ Pirates, Phantom Manor, Buzz, Small World, Peter Pan,

2 3.39%
  • Tokyo DisneySea ~ 20,000 Leagues, Sindbad's Storybook Voyage, Journey To the Center of the Earth.

5 8.47%
  • Hing Kong Disneyland ~ Buzz, Pooh.

0 0%
  • EPCOT ~ Figment, Spacship Earth, UOEnergy, Nordstom, Gran Fiesta Tour (3Cs)

1 1.69%
  • Disney-MGM Studios ~ Great Movie ride.

0 0%
  • Walt Disney Studios ~ Crush's Coaster

0 0%
  • DCA ~ Monsters, Inc. or Other Park

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Disney Park With the Best Dark Rides

Which Disney theme park do you feel has the best dark rides? Disneyland, DCA, Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, Disney-MGM Studios, Disneyland Paris, Walt Disney Studios, Hong Kong Disneyland, Tokyo Disneyland, or Tokyo DisneySea?

I'm not considering rides that aheavily dependent on simulated technology dark rides in this survey - nor major coasters, darkrides or 3-D/4-D motion theater attractions.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 06-12-2007 at 12:57 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Boogers are salty

Re: Disney Park With the Best Dark Rides

Disneyland hands down, they're Walts Babies, they are beyond classic, the basis of everything that has followed. They have endured for 52 years and are still as strong a draw as ever, I mean some nights Peter Pan has longer lines than some E ticket rides.

My vote is for Tokyo with DL being a VERY close 2nd. DL has Toad and Alice that are absent from Tokyo, but Tokyo has Pooh, the single greatest dark ride ever! They also have a version of Splash (my favorite mountain) that's WAY better than the other two. Other things are superior like their Haunted Mansion Holiday. The rest are about even between the 2 parks (the fantasyland rides, Pirates, HM, etc.)

If you make it a resort by resort comparison then it really becomes no question. TDS has KILLER dark rides (including the best Indy, and an amazing 20k Leagues) DCA has Monsters, and that's it!
    Last edited by Peabody; 06-12-2007 at 11:37 AM.

Since I've only been to DL and DCA, I guess I would have to say DL, lol.
    "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by 1disneynut2another View Post
    Disneyland hands down, they're Walts Babies, they are beyond classic, the basis of everything that has followed. They have endured for 52 years and are still as strong a draw as ever, I mean some nights Peter Pan has longer lines than some E ticket rides.
    "Walt's Babies" - I love this engendering phrase. The Peter Pan Flight is the ultimate C-ticket (some would argue B or A) dark rife experience, in terms of longevity + fun. I have ridden it many times over. I still feel as though I am flying, and the illusion captures my imagination as freshly as it did when i was a boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Peabody View Post
    My vote is for Tokyo with DL being a VERY close 2nd. DL has Toad and Alice that are absent from Tokyo, but Tokyo has Pooh, the single greatest dark ride ever! They also have a version of Splash (my favorite mountain) that's WAY better than the other two. Other things are superior like their Haunted Mansion Holiday. The rest are about even between the 2 parks (the fantasyland rides, Pirates, HM, etc.)

If you make it a resort by resort comparison then it really becomes no question. TDS has KILLER dark rides (including the best Indy, and an amazing 20k Leagues) DCA has Monsters, and that's it!
    DisneySea still has a way to go yet in terms of general darkride quantity and variety. It's quality, however, surpasses all. DisneySea is tied w/EPCOT for fifth ranking, in my opinion. behind Disneyland, Magic Kingdom, Tokyo Disneyland, and Disneyland Paris.

I'm not considering rides that aheavily dependent on simulated technology dark rides in this survey - nor major coasters, darkrides or 3-D/4-D motion theater attractions.

Disneyland. We have Mr. Toad!

• Boogers are salty

The poll left of POTC,IASW and a few others at Disneyland

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Disney's California Adventure
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by C-HOX View Post
    Disneyland. We have Mr. Toad!
    Yay for Toady! Still leaps and bounds of exciting fun. The train hasn't hit me yet. Hope that it never does.

The poll left of POTC,IASW and a few others at Disneyland
    Whoops! I had intended to. I believe character limitation (in conjunction with what I thought of first) caused me to do that. Small World and Pirates are, nevertheless, at the forefront of Disneyland's entourage of awesome dark rides.

• Boogers are salty

This thread might be a little bias being in the Disneyland forum

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disney's California Adventure

At least it has one fan. Disney should make you, sleepyjeff, the official DCA goodwill ambassador - and give you a lifetime pass to the park and it's bars. The more you drink, the better that DCA will look.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    DisneySea still has a way to go yet in terms of general darkride quantity and variety. It's quality, however, surpasses all. DisneySea is tied w/EPCOT for fifth ranking, in my opinion. behind Disneyland, Magic Kingdom, Tokyo Disneyland, and Disneyland Paris.
    What happened to quality over quantity? Anyways, I voted for Tokyo DisneySea. By far the most elaborate and richly detailed dark rides found in any Disney park.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

At least it has one fan. Disney should make you, sleepyjeff, the official DCA goodwill ambassador - and give you a lifetime pass to the park and it's bars. The more you drink, the better that DCA will look.
    Why do you think they serve alcohol there, anyway?

Oh wait. That could be construed as a negative DCA comment.

And I swore off making any more negative comments about DCA, I thought.

Just pass me an "alien urine sample" and let's forget the whole thing...

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Iron-Clad Allie

This thread might be a little bias being in the Disneyland forum

Really? What on Earth (happiest place) makes you think so? I Kind of feel sorry for the dirty trick that I've pulled on TDR_Fan. He's alone (was alone) on the poll, but standing his ground just the same. TDLFAN will most likely clobber me when he sees this thread - and frankly, I'll deserve it.

Honestly, I searched around for a forum that related to all of the parks. The closest two were Entertainment and MiceChat Lounge. Both seemed too general for something specifically dealing with Disney Parks. We need another forum added to the Disney park section.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 06-12-2007 at 02:18 PM.

• Boogers are salty

Really? What on Earth (happiest place) makes you think so?

Honestly, I searched around for a forum that related to all of the parks. the closest ewo were Entertainment and MiceChat Lounge - both seemed to general for something specifically dealing with Disney Parks. We need another forum added to the Disney park section.
    Yeah, if any Admins come across this post WE NEED A GENERAL DISNEY PARK FORUM, heck even the park merch says Disney Parks, why not MC

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast