• Know More Than You Should

Question Disneyland Dropoff/Pickup

Here's a question: where would you reccomend for dropoff/pickup by car at the resort (for the purposes of going directly to the park)?

I was figuring either at the Timon/Pumba lots and take the tram in or at the Grand Californian and walk in through the hotel.

But is there an easier way? I'll be going with a group (6 or 7 people) for my birthday later this year and we were thinking of hiring a car to pick us up/drop us off (that way we don't have to worry about driving and we don't need two cars). However that brought up the question above.

I assume there are people here that do the pickup/dropoff thing at DLR so I figured I'd ask.

• Sock Puppet

Re: Disneyland Dropoff/Pickup

Right next to the entrance on Harbor there is a dropoff area. I'd recommend there because its EXTREMELY easy.

• Future Indy Castmember

I recommend the DTD parking lot. That way the person dropping you and picking you up doesn't have to pay anything. Remember that the first 3 hours are free. The DTD parking lot is open until 2 AM. Thats haw I go to DL and gp home later on.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel View Post
    Right next to the entrance on Harbor there is a dropoff area. I'd recommend there because its EXTREMELY easy.
    I totally agree with this one if you are only dropping off and picking up.
    "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

Yeah, the loading zone's got free 15 minute parking right there in front of the park on Harbor. I'd use that.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Club 33 View Post
    Here's a question: where would you reccomend for dropoff/pickup by car at the resort (for the purposes of going directly to the park)?

I was figuring either at the Timon/Pumba lots and take the tram in or at the Grand Californian and walk in through the hotel.

But is there an easier way? I'll be going with a group (6 or 7 people) for my birthday later this year and we were thinking of hiring a car to pick us up/drop us off (that way we don't have to worry about driving and we don't need two cars). However that brought up the question above.

I assume there are people here that do the pickup/dropoff thing at DLR so I figured I'd ask.
    Others may correct me, but there is a shuttle area off of Harbor Boulevard for shuttles, buses, dropoffs, etc...from there it's about a 10-15 minute walk to the entrance plaza (or you can catch one of the Lion King trams if they're running)

--Barry
    Last edited by Radiobarry; 06-12-2007 at 02:40 PM.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by RumRunner31 View Post
    Yeah, the loading zone's got free 15 minute parking right there in front of the park on Harbor. I'd use that.
    Walking around the park I was surprised to learn of this parking lot. This loading zone is right on Harbor and, as others have said, it is free for 15 minutes. It is very close to the right entrance of Disneyland, the security tents are like a quick minute walk away from there.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    Walking around the park I was surprised to learn of this parking lot. This loading zone is right on Harbor and, as others have said, it is free for 15 minutes. It is very close to the right entrance of Disneyland, the security tents are like a quick minute walk away from there.
    And I forgot about this lot when posting earlier. Definitely, if you are being dropped off, that's the place to go to!

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Ok time for cocoa

I like DTD and taking the monorail into the park.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

• Disney Starved in AZ

Anaheim police had this area blocked off for our entire visit last month... it wasn't busy or anything, I just noticed it as we drove by every day.

Might wanna plan an alternative just in case... otherwise this is the easiest!