Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Consummate Disney Fanatic

Question Disneyland-Inspired Theming in Your Home?

(I wasn't quite sure where exactly this topic would belong, so feel free to movie it if it's glaringly out of place, mods.)

A good friend (and fellow Disney fanatic) of mine recently had his college graduation party at his family's home in San Francisco. While we were there, he showed me the Adventureland-themed bathroom he had decorated for his parents several years ago. It was quite lovely and surprisingly understated in its execution; lots of safari green and khaki hues accented by a rich vine-patterned wallpaper along the bottom half of the wall. Various framed Victorian-style prints of hippos and giraffes and the like adorned the upper walls, with the centerpiece being a framed Jungle Cruise attraction poster. What I loved most was how the room was immediately evocative of the land itself without being overly kitschy or covered in knick-knacks, choosing instead to focus on theme and atmosphere, with one or two identifying focal points to tie it directly in with its theme park inspiration. Seeing that rekindled all the fantasies I used to have as a child of one day creating my very own Disneyland-themed dwelling, and also started me wondering:

Have any of you fabulous MiceChatters ever incorporated a Disneyland-inspired aesthetic into your home design?

Ever done up your dining room to look like a royal banquet hall straight out of Fantasyland? Designed a bedchamber fit for Master Gracey and his 999 spectral guests? Cooked a hearty stew over the open flames of your Frontierland kitchen? Turned to Tomorrowland in order to transform your bathroom into an adventure through liquid space? (...ew) Even if you haven't yet had a chance to act on your Disney-decoration urges, what elaborate plans have you dreamt up on those slow days at work? Post them here! I'd love to see what our own Armchair Imagineers have come up with, from the tiniest Toontown nook to the grandest New Orleans estate!

As for how my personal design preferences run...this is a bit much for my taste (points for rampant enthusiasm, though!), whereas having an office based on Walt's would be nifty.
    Last edited by Sapsorrow; 06-12-2007 at 03:25 PM.
    Verities and Balderdash

Mice Chat: Come for the Disney, stay for the Monkey.

• I'm not really here

Re: Disneyland-Inspired Theming in Your Home?

We're painting Sleeping Beauty Castle on my sister-in-laws bedroom wall. I'll have to get pics when we move up there later this month and finish it.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Dapper Dan-nabe

I have nothing at the moment (save some attraction posters), but I remember reading an article about a former WDI (I believe) employee in Atlanta who had worked a bunch of Haunted Mansion effects into his large home in Atlanta. Apparently the bathroom mirror was tricked out with a Pepper's Ghost illusion or something, among others. Always sounded like the height of cool to me.

• Boogers are salty

My Walls are covered in Disney Merch, thats about it.

• Evaporate, tall person!

I live in the Inland Empire of Southern California..
    Blog Entries

That is a pretty neat idea.. I think if I were to do a room.. I'd make my room like Aladdin's Oasis..

Ya.. that's nice...
    Last edited by Giddy4Aladdin; 06-12-2007 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Changed my mind on my original post...

DISNEYLAND: It even makes science geeks look cool!!

Our computer room is Disney Pirates......it has taken me 4 years to get it to where it is at. It has been very fun. I love this room!!! When people first hear about it they say, "A Pirate room. What exactly does that mean?" Then when they see it they are amazed at it all. Everybody who walks in says, "This is cool." One person said, "This room could get me to like pirates." I'm very proud of it.

Our bedroom is being done in Frontierland.

The main part of the house is done in Disney "stuff". I have a huge tapestry of the original concept art of the Castle. More pirate stuff. Quite a few sketches from Off the Page. Oh yeah, lots and lots of Disney theme going on in our house LOL our house is not so called normal.
    "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

• Someone's excited!

I'm inspired....

Now what room do I do...?

- Runs off to get his imagineering notebook -
    Still wishing for that AP....

Future Imagineer, right here!

"Have I really been on MiceChat for TWO HOURS?!?!?!?" -Me

•   
    • Super Hero

Quote Originally Posted by bloodnswash View Post
    Our computer room is Disney Pirates......it has taken me 4 years to get it to where it is at. It has been very fun. I love this room!!! When people first hear about it they say, "A Pirate room. What exactly does that mean?" Then when they see it they are amazed at it all. Everybody who walks in says, "This is cool." One person said, "This room could get me to like pirates." I'm very proud of it.

The main part of the house is done in Disney "stuff". I have a huge tapestry of the original concept art of the Castle. More pirate stuff. Quite a few sketches from Off the Page. Oh yeah, lots and lots of Disney theme going on in our house LOL our house is not so called normal.
    Pics, pleeez!!! I'd love to see your decor!
    Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab
    I still can't figure out where that strap goes.

• The line is HOW long!?!

Talking Re: Disneyland-Inspired Theming in Your Home?

All the sinks in our houses have faucets that come on when you put your hands under them, and all our toilets flush automatically when you stand up.
    Pirate!

• Consummate Disney Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by bloodnswash View Post

Oooh, I second the call for pictures! A Pirate room is definitely in the blueprints for my imaginary mansion.
    Verities and Balderdash

Mice Chat: Come for the Disney, stay for the Monkey.

•   
    • Super Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Monkey View Post
    All the sinks in our houses have faucets that come on when you put your hands under them, and all our toilets flush automatically when you stand up.
    RM, you need to change that so the toilets flush while you're still sitting!

Also, how about adjusting at least one of your sink faucets to spray water in a three foot circle with enough water pressure to instantly hose off a baby elephant? That way you'd have one DCA faucet. (Why, oh why won't they take the aerators out of the DCA faucets? They waste sooo much water!)
    Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab
    I still can't figure out where that strap goes.

• Disney Nerd

My husband and I are planning our son's room right now, and we're doing a Peter Pan theme. When we've gotten our ideas off paper, I'll post some pics. We've got to hurry though, only a little over 2 months left!!!!

We have a churro cart in our living room.

Our front living room is Main St./General DL inspired. Our kitchen is Emporium/Main St. Coffee shop decorated. Master bed is Adventureland w/ a Tiki drummer and barker bird. Our office is Tomorrowland decorated. Our guest room is NOS decorated. The guest bathroom is HTH decorated. All of those towels and stuff gave me the inspiration for that.
    Kungaloosh!

• no flash photography...

no, I leave the disney decorating to disney. I enjoy going to see it, but I don't want to look at it everyday.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast