Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

Anyone book Cruzin' Disney's California Adventure Park Tour? (Segway!)

I saw on another site that there's a new tour scheduled to debut at DCA this weekend. Officially called "Cruzin' Disney's California Adventure Park Tour", it sounds like a West Coast version of the very popular "Around the World at Epcot" tour. I did the Epcot tour earlier this year and had a BLAST...two very big thumbs up! So, I'm definitely intrigued by a DCA version.

Have any MiceChatters booked this tour yet? It's supposed to start this Friday or Saturday, but there's no mention of it on the DL tours web page. Hopefully we'll get a tour report or two sometime next week. If it gets some positive feedback, I'll probably try it later in the summer.

Re: Anyone book Cruzin' Disney's California Adventure Park Tour? (Segway!)

I heard about it and my next trip (which is going to be way later than I wanted) I think I'll take it. Sounds like it could be fun and I loved the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour I took in April.

• I'm not really here

We haven't done the Epcot one, though we are definitely going to in the next couple of years. This last trip to DL we were discussing how cool it would be to have something like that on the West Coast.

My only question is how long will it be? The Epcot version is 3 hours isn't it? And Epcot is pretty huge compared to DCA. How are they going to extend it and make it a longer more satisfying tour?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• AKA: Indyiluvu

Quote Originally Posted by Armadillo4 View Post
    I saw on another site that there's a new tour scheduled to debut at DCA this weekend.

It's supposed to start this Friday or Saturday, but there's no mention of it on the DL tours web page. Hopefully we'll get a tour report or two sometime next week. If it gets some positive feedback, I'll probably try it later in the summer.
    What site did you see this on. Link?

I really really want to do the Segway tour. I'll have to look on the Disney site, because when I looked for it previously it was not available.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

•   
    • Super Hero

Oooooh, me too!! I just want to ride a Segway, I don't care where I go. They were so fun when they were in Innoventions, but I really wanted to take it outside and zip around.

The security folks at the Brea Mall scoot around on Segways. If I wasn't always shopping whenever I see them, I'd be totally jealous.
    Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab
    I still can't figure out where that strap goes.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

Quote Originally Posted by indyIluvu View Post
    What site did you see this on. Link?
    I saw it mentioned in the weekly DL update on Mouseplanet. Someone made a reservation and posted details at this link.

Some basic details:
    Cost $99 (AP Discount 20%)
    One tour a day at 7am
    Continental Breakfast included
    Pin included
    Must be at least 16 years old
    All-day parking at DD is included

Hmmmm, with the discount, I'd probably try it later this year. 7am is a bit early, so we'll see if that gets adjusted in the future. I know the Epcot version has early start times (and later start times), but that probably has to do with demand so they can offer it several times a day.

• DCA lover

So they are starting this tour up that will go on every weekend? I hope so, as it is not on the official tour page as of yet. Going this weekend is a bit short notice for me too

• Defying gravity

Just a note: I tested the Segway at Innoventions at Epcot. You must be at least 16, and if you are 16 or 17 you must have a parent/guardian vouch for you. (I'm 17 but the CMs clearly did not believe me because I look so much younger than I really am.) Also, you must weigh at least 100 pounds. (I barely made the weight requirement, carrying my bag on the Segway with me and such. )

• AKA: Indyiluvu

As soon as they put this tour on thier website I am signing up. I rode my first Segway at Epcot last year. It was more of a tease than a full ride. I would love to ride on one all day!

• done

Quote Originally Posted by indyIluvu View Post
    As soon as they put this tour on thier website I am signing up. I rode my first Segway at Epcot last year. It was more of a tease than a full ride. I would love to ride on one all day!
    You don't need to wait for it to be on the website. You can book it now. Just call the tour line and ask for availability. I don't think the 50th tour *ever* made it onto the website.

• Producer Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    The security folks at the Brea Mall scoot around on Segways. If I wasn't always shopping whenever I see them, I'd be totally jealous.
    i always feel embarrassed for the security at the brea mall riding around on those segways. they look fun to ride, but i'd never want anybody to see me on one... like a moped. haha

• Miss Marvel

I've looked at this thread title multiple times a day since it was written. And still, every time I see it, I read, "Anyone BOOZIN' Disney's California Adventure"

Freudian, perhaps?
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
    "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Oooooh, me too!! I just want to ride a Segway, I don't care where I go. They were so fun when they were in Innoventions, but I really wanted to take it outside and zip around.

They ride similar ones at the Irvine Spectrum Center, but instead these have a small third wheel out in the front.

• Former Epcot CM

Do the parking attendants at DLR not use them? Most attendants in WDW parking lots are on Segways.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California