Lightbulb Disneyland on Christmas Day: All I want for Christmas? or Stick to what you know?

So, I'm planning to go to Disneyland on Christmas Day and also the day after Christmas. Can anyone tell me what that is like as far as the crowds go? I've been getting some mixed opinions. I've been going there since I was 2 at Christmastime (usually around the 15th of December) but never actually on Christmas day.

<----Me at Disneyland!!!!

• Former Epcot CM

Re: Disneyland on Christmas Day: All I want for Christmas? or Stick to what you know?

Well of course demographics are different at the two resorts with Disneyland being more local-orientated and therefore less busier cos the majority of local visitors will stay at home, but the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World doesn't have a busier day in its 365-day calendar then Christmas Day.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• I Love Teaching!

Re: Disneyland on Christmas Day: All I want for Christmas? or Stick to what you know?

We go, (mom, dad, hubby) every Christmas day. It is busy, but not in the morning of Christmas day. We try to get their by rope drop, run around for a couple of hours and then have lunch at Storytellers or Steakhouse 55. By 11:30 it starts to get really busy. Last year I went of the 26 with my cousin and her kids, we were there first thing and had a great time. It was very busy in both parks, but using fastpasses and hoping allowed them to ride all major rides and many of the kids ride. Both days are enjoyable, as long as you have a plan, use fastpasses and get their early.

Near enough to disneyland to love the fireworks...

Christmas Day at Disneyland is PACKED!!! It was obscene last year, and everyone was really angry.

I hated working Christmas day (not just because I missed out on family time) That was number one on my days of seeing an uprise in cast member abuse.

• I'm not really here

We were there on the 25th in 2003 for our Honeymoon. It was busy, but it wasn't anywhere near as packed as it was last summer when POTC reopened. It gets busier later in the day when the locals are done with presents etc and start showing up so definitely plan on getting there early.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Last time we were there the day after Christmas, and the three following, it was completely packed. They closed the park each of the days we were there.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

How does Disneyland Christmas day compare to 4th of July, or even a busy summer day?

Summer is usually crowded, but then again, so is Christmastime

They were very crowded on Christmas Day 2006. They start the after-Christmas sales, too...on the 25th. You couldn't even walk in the Emporium, and everything was just stopped along Main Street Shops---bottleneck couldn't move--- I'd say starting in the afternoon. Great weather too, Christmas Day 2006--but the crowds never thinned out, even till Midnight, still crowded!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Drawing upon some 30-40 years experience with such matters, all I can tell you is that, assuming it's not raining...Christmas Day is very busy...and the week of the 26th-31st is and always has been INSANELY busy. Maybe the busiest single week of the year...like five or six summer Saturdays or worse in a row.

Hope that helps.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• I love Mulholland Madness

We went a couple of years ago and it was not bad. As others have said,the key is to go early (rope drop!), get your fast passes and then head over to DCA in the early afternoon. I would do it again in a heart beat.
    Be Nice or Leave

OOOOh, maybe I should just stick to what I know. Even though I will be there on a 3-day park hopper I do not want to fight those kinds of crowds.
    Thanks everyone for your help.