Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• It's all nonsense

Re: Cast Members being trained to give the wrong information to Guests

Quote Originally Posted by snappy View Post
    Oh...So those wires use to serve as a sky bucket ride in the day! I always wondered what those things were used for, now I know. Regards to Tinker Bell she does fly through the air with the greatest of ease..
    So lets work this out:

If Wires=Skyway
    and Tink flys on wires
    Then Tink=A Skybucket

Traditions covers almost no in-park trivia.
    Once they get to their actual positions, (and to the point where they're actually interacting with guests) they've been corrected.

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started

Quote Originally Posted by ManaByte View Post
    Either that, or TDA needs to seriously reconsider how their Traditions trainers are chosen.

Right now, from what I understand it, the veteran CM (you know, someone who lasts more than 3 months) who kisses the most backside to their leads and managers gets to do it.

Maybe they need to change the process to a real interview process complete with a series of short tests to get real experts training the people who will be directly interacting with guests in the park. They should even open it up externally if they have to. Most APs seem to know more about the park and how to deal with people than the person training those new CMs on Saturday.
    Well you have the wrong info! In order to become a Traditions leader 1. have to be a CM for now just 6 months (it was a year) and 2. you do have to go through a interview process. The funny thing is most of the leaders are old AP holders who think they know everything as it is. And will keep on giving wrong info till put in their place by a older leader.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    Traditions covers almost no in-park trivia.
    Once they get to their actual positions, (and to the point where they're actually interacting with guests) they've been corrected.
    It really depends on who your leader was. I know people that give lots of trivia and some don't give any because they 1. don't know mindless trivia or 2. HATE having to listen to new cast members that are AP holders telling other people in the class or even the leaders the "correct" wrong trivia.

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    So lets work this out:

If Wires=Skyway
    and Tink flys on wires
    Then Tink=A Skybucket
    I like your deductive reasoning logic!! Crystal Clear! Thanks..

• Helmsdad

It's getting to the point where I almost HATE to ask cast members anything because of their TOTAL lack of information coupled with their abundance of DIS-INFORMATION.

Do they deliberatly teach these ex-Knotts or ex-Six Flags guys to lie to guests? Say it isn't so. Or do some of them do it on purpose just 'cuz they get paid less than the local burger joint and are just plain mean?

One thing great about CM's is that if you don't like the directions or (whatever) info you get from one - just go to another and you'll find a completly different set of info (or directions).

We recieved so much wrong information on our last trip (just got back yesterday) that it (would've) been laughable if it hadn't cost us so much valuable time.

The great thing about the new CM's lack of (?) (relevance) ? is GUEST SERVICES has the POWER to make it allllll better. ahhhhhhhh. Thank you guest services.

They (Guest Services) also seem to have the power to have a bad CM removed almost IMMEDIATLY! Before you can actually get back to the attraction to enlighten them (the particular CM) of their respective ignorance and upcoming demise (if there is such a thing).

Do CM's gain or lose "points" for improper behaivor? Do they get fired? I heard that after 30 or so "bad" points sometimes they fire like thousands of these "wanna-be CM's" at a time. At which time I guess they go back to Six-Flags or Knotts where they belonged in the first place.

I spoke with a veteran CM who told me she has NEVER gotten even one of these "bad" points against her after many, many years of service.

So it can be done.

Thank you GOOD CM's for all your help. You really do counter the bad ones and make our trips worth while. Thank you Supervisors for removing the crappy ones before we can even blink.

Did I just say that?

• Quality not quantity

So where did the wire(s) Tink uses come from?

Are you sure they were not left over from the Skyway and reused for Tink?
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Moonliner View Post
    So where did the wire(s) Tink uses come from?

Are you sure they were not left over from the Skyway and reused for Tink?
    Tink was flying down from the Matterhorn even when the Skyway was still there...

The last time we took the Xmas Tour our tour guide told us that Mulan was Japanese. Our son was 15 at the time and told her (when nobody else was around) that Mulan is Chinese. She said that her training book said Japanese. Son said, "The movie has the Great Wall of China in it." She said she'd have to notify her boss of the possible error. Worst tour ever!!! This gal couldn't answer any questions. Since it was a Xmas tour you would think she could answer how long DL had been doing the Haunted Mansion Holiday. Nope. I answered for her, though. She didn't even know the year that POTC or Haunted Mansion opened. I did a lot of answering for her. When someone asked a question her reply was always, "I don't know. I'll have to look into it." Maybe it was bad of me, but that is when I would give a reply to the question being asked. Good money being paid and the tour guide knows nothing. Very sad.
    "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by bloodnswash View Post
    The last time we took the Xmas Tour our tour guide told us that Mulan was Japanese. Our son was 15 at the time and told her (when nobody else was around) that Mulan is Chinese. She said that her training book said Japanese. Son said, "The movie has the Great Wall of China in it." She said she'd have to notify her boss of the possible error. Worst tour ever!!! This gal couldn't answer any questions. Since it was a Xmas tour you would think she could answer how long DL had been doing the Haunted Mansion Holiday. Nope. I answered for her, though. She didn't even know the year that POTC or Haunted Mansion opened. I did a lot of answering for her. When someone asked a question her reply was always, "I don't know. I'll have to look into it." Maybe it was bad of me, but that is when I would give a reply to the question being asked. Good money being paid and the tour guide knows nothing. Very sad.
    Umm, she's a Guide, not a Historical Answer machine.

They are there to show people around the park and expedite their visits.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    Umm, she's a Guide, not a Historical Answer machine.

They are there to show people around the park and expedite their visits.
    Wrong. If I took the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour and the tour guide didn't know what they were talking about, I'd immediately ask for a refund. Disneyland tours are expensive and you'd expect the CM running them to actually know more than a fry cook at McDonalds.

• Captain EO! :D

I can see getting little details wrong (not that that's excusable, either), but Tink's wires are the Skyway? THAT'S just... wow. I'm hoping that the CM said it as a joke, and maybe you missed the part where he said, "Oh, I'm just kidding!" Maybe I'm too hopeful.
    ----------------------------------------

Jennifer

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ManaByte View Post
    Wrong. If I took the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour and the tour guide didn't know what they were talking about, I'd immediately ask for a refund. Disneyland tours are expensive and you'd expect the CM running them to actually know more than a fry cook at McDonalds.
    The Walk In Walt's footsteps is a different kind of tour and people would have the right to different expectations.

• U. B. Bold

Forget 'Traditions', They should just have new hires read MiceChat.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigThunder View Post
    Forget 'Traditions', They should just have new hires read MiceChat.
    Oh god no.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast View Post
    Oh god no.
    It's OK.

They can be deprogrammed

But it's a long, traumatic process.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast