Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started

Re: Cast Members being trained to give the wrong information to Guests

Quote Originally Posted by BigThunder View Post
    Forget 'Traditions', They should just have new hires read MiceChat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast View Post
    Oh god no.
    Considering most people that go into the park "know everything from Miceage" they would be as wrong as some of the people that "do know everything." I heard from a CM that read on this fourm that HMH is not coming back because it is being shipped to WDW this year.....lets talk about wrong info.

People while I am not defending what that CM said (which could have been taken out of context all together) but you can not expect people to know things about the park that "us" the hardcore Disney fans know or think we know?!?!? I am not saying there is any excuse for people not knowing simple things, I think they should be grabbed by the ear and draged around till they know what the &%$@ they are talking about. but you can't expect people to know things about the park that is some small that you would have to talk to Dave Smith before knowing if it is true or not.

Also there is no BAD points system. If they get bad comments they can be written up but that is it. But if wrong info is given how about either 1. telling them it is wrong first off or 2. telling City Hall so they can pass along to that CM the right info? Also going on a website or podcast and blasting Disney does not really do much, if you want something done go right to the Mouse.

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

• 88 mph

Quote Originally Posted by BigThunder View Post
    Forget 'Traditions', They should just have new hires read MiceChat.
    If they did that, then DL wouldn't have any new hires.
    There is a limit to most that can take oh so much bashing.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ManaByte View Post
    On Saturday I was passing by Ariel's Grotto where there was a very large group of new hires having their in-park portion of Traditions.

Just as I was passing by, the trainer was pointing out the Tink wires coming off the Matterhorn and said:

"Now, you see those wires up there? Who here remembers the Skyway? Well, those are the wires that connected Tomorrowland to Fantasyland when the Skyway was still open."

Maybe that was the "Disneylies.com Unofficial and Possibly Illegal Tour."
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

well i am confused about the haunted mansion because as far as I know, it isn't coming back this year as holiday. what's the deal? since you know....
    Last edited by classicskid; 06-13-2007 at 02:30 PM.
    hi diddly dee.... an actor's life for me! :-)

Wrong. If I took the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour and the tour guide didn't know what they were talking about, I'd immediately ask for a refund. Disneyland tours are expensive and you'd expect the CM running them to actually know more than a fry cook at McDonalds.

No, not wrong. Just because she couldn't answer your test book quizzes doesn't mean she is a bad tour guide. They learn a tour, take their PAs on it until they pass, and then they can give tours. If it's not part of the tour, she may not be able to answer the questions randomly thrown at her. Just because one works there doesn't mean they're disney robots.
    hi diddly dee.... an actor's life for me! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by classicskid View Post
    That IS where the skyway went through. Wires were re-wired to accomadate Tink.

And as for Haunted Mansion Holiday.. as far as I know, it ISN'T coming back. Something about the rights? I don't know. It was a rumor and I don't know if it's true. But that wasn't just wrong information that we're being told to give. It's stuff we hear from keeping our ears open. We're always the bad guys, though. So what does it matter?
    Well you are wrong on both accounts. That is not where Skyway went through, that was half way down the Matterhorn. You would pass through where the lost expedition is now.

How would Disney have rights problem to something they own? As of today HMH is coming back and the only reason I ever see it not coming back each year is Disney not wanting to put the money in it.

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    Umm, she's a Guide, not a Historical Answer machine.

They are there to show people around the park and expedite their visits.
    Sorry, but to a point, I have to disagree with you. It's the Holiday Xmas Tour. She stopped to have us look at the holiday decor on the Mansion. Yeah, I think she should be able to answer the question of how long Haunted Mansion Holiday has been around. Also, when she goes around saying Merry Xmas in foreign languages and she uses Mulan as an example, yeah, she should have her facts straight on where Mulan is from. She doesn't have to be a Disney historical answer machine....but she should be able to answer questions that do pertain to the tour (and not give out totally incorrect information) she is guiding. Otherwise, what's the use of that tour?

I will say that I took the Holiday Tour a year earlier. Our guide was absolutely awesome!!! She was the best!!! Have taken Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour twice also. Both guides were really good. No complaints there.
    Last edited by bloodnswash; 06-13-2007 at 02:57 PM.
    "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

Quote Originally Posted by sixwoofys View Post
    ... They (Guest Services) also seem to have the power to have a bad CM removed almost IMMEDIATLY! Before you can actually get back to the attraction to enlighten them (the particular CM) of their respective ignorance and upcoming demise (if there is such a thing).
    Wow! "Demise" huh? Guest Services actually executes bad CMs? I knew they were a problem but surely capital punishment is too extreme. Perhaps bad CMs could merely be disciplined or retrained. ;-)

Katprint
    Merriam-Webster's Online Dictionary defines "demise" as
    "intransitive verb 1) DIE, DECEASE 2) to pass by descent or bequest"
    http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/demise

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Katprint View Post
    Wow! "Demise" huh? Guest Services actually executes bad CMs? I knew they were a problem but surely capital punishment is too extreme. Perhaps bad CMs could merely be disciplined or retrained. ;-)
    Well they could send them to work Innoventions, but some may prefer death.

• Minion

Well they could send them to work Innoventions, but some may prefer death.
    They do have an alternative. They can choose exile to Golden Dreams. Where no one will ever see them again, of course.

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

I've seen wrong info being trained AFTER traditions too. You'd be amazed how many CMs think that City Hall IS lost & found, and have no idea that there is a whole big lost and found outside the park by DCA. Or CMs who are told that "anywhere along the riverfront" is a smoking area. Stuff like that drives us CMs who try to get everything right for our guests CRAZY.

And on the tour guide thing: You have every right to be upset about wrong information, but if a guide doesn't know the answer to your question but offers to look it up for you at the conclusion of the tour, what more do you want from them? I'm sure it wasn't a case of a guide who just didn't bother to learn something - they were probably new, and terrified by guests who appear to be out to prove they know more than the guide, whether that was your intention or not. I'm with JeffYardDog on this one, with the exception that they should ALWAYS have correct information in the script.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

• I'll pencil this in later

wow.. that's just wow.

Quote Originally Posted by RumRunner31 View Post
    I've seen wrong info being trained AFTER traditions too. You'd be amazed how many CMs think that City Hall IS lost & found, and have no idea that there is a whole big lost and found outside the park by DCA. Or CMs who are told that "anywhere along the riverfront" is a smoking area. Stuff like that drives us CMs who try to get everything right for our guests CRAZY.
    The smoking thing is a left over from when the smoking sections first started and it was almost any place along the water. The City Hall thing is a bit hard to get over when for 46 year it was lost and found. But I do agree that if everyone would read updates they would understand things change.

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

• Helmsdad

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    They do have an alternative. They can choose exile to Golden Dreams. Where no one will ever see them again, of course.

Hahaha! Having to look at Whoopie all day is worse than death!

The only thing worse would be having to look at Rosie O'diphead.
    Last edited by sixwoofys; 06-14-2007 at 05:40 PM.

Did I just say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Katprint View Post

Katprint
    "intransitive verb 1) DIE, DECEASE 2) to pass by descent or bequest"
    I think the poster was using the noun form of the word "demise" (meaning 3b or 3c below):

"noun 1 : the conveyance of an estate
    2 : transfer of the sovereignty to a successor
    3 a : death b : a cessation of existence or activity c : a loss of position or status

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast